2021-2022 UC San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Super tempted to send an email in response to my pre II rejection like "Are yall surrrreeee? Like frfr sure?"

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Pre-II R this morning. I'm really confused and disappointed. The last 2 times I applied, they sent me the II by Dec. and waitlisted me. This year, no II. App was better this year, I know because I finally got accepted somewhere else (another place I applied to 2x before, but no II). Just confused, disappointed. Like, what?

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R this morning. I'm really confused and disappointed. The last 2 times I applied, they sent me the II by Dec. and waitlisted me. This year, no II. App was better this year, I know because I finally got accepted somewhere else (another place I applied to 2x before, but no II). Just confused, disappointed. Like, what?
If they don’t want successful but another place does want successful you, maybe UCSD just has low standards 💪🤲💪🙏

(This is encouragement, anyone that gets invited to UCSD is a fantastic applicant. Don’t read between the lines.)

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else still on hold? I was placed on hold in August and haven't heard back yet. Crossing my fingers for an II--top choice school!

Woah I just got an II! OOS, complete 10/20 (late decision), LM 79. Wasn't expecting this one

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
II a few hours ago! IS, complete early October, LM 78. Only available date is 2/24

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I received an II today for Prime-HEq!! I thought I was out of the running so this was such a nice surprise! The interview dates available were Feb. 17 and Feb. 24. In-state and complete 11/18. Hopefully, this helps future applicants.

• Care
pre-II hold just now, complete late September! The email said all interview slots are full as of now in case anyone is wondering!

• Care
Hmm. What email? I don’t remember getting any post interview email.
+1 Also didn't get a post-interview email. MSTP interview in late Jan
Not sure about MSTP as I'm regular MD but the dean of admission sent my interview group a post interview day email talking about next steps and what to expect. The subject of the email was: UCSD School of Medicine: Post-Interview Information/Timeline for UCSD SOM Admissions

Hi! On UCSD SOM's website it states, "For all applicants, we will make decisions regarding interviews without consideration of the MCAT score."

I always thought that if you get an II that means the school views you and your metrics as someone who could attend their school. Does this not apply to UCSD if they aren't checking MCAT until after interview? Could I still be vetted out post-interview solely because of my MCAT that they haven't seen yet? Thank you.

Not sure about MSTP as I'm regular MD but the dean of admission sent my interview group a post interview day email talking about next steps and what to expect. The subject of the email was: UCSD School of Medicine: Post-Interview Information/Timeline for UCSD SOM Admissions
When did you get that after interviewing? Because I am an MD interviewee and I never received that.

When did you get that after interviewing? Because I am an MD interviewee and I never received that.
They sent it immediately following the conclusion of the interview day, essentially during the final "closing remarks" zoom session

Just received that email. Very surprising. I thought I wouldn’t get it. And yes, it also says Feb 11.

Was put on pre-II hold about 2 weeks ago. Received an email yesterday saying that should anyone withdraw their interview I may be offered one. Hope is not lost yet:)

I interviewed on 2/3 and Just got the acceptance email!! Refresh your inboxes and Good luck!! 🍀🍀🍀

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Interviewed 2/3 and just got waitlisted :confused: aand the wait continues...

• Care
My first post II decision and it happened to be a waitlist.

UCSD is an amazing school and I would’ve loved to go here, but it was one of the less selective schools I interviewed at. Therefore, I’m feeling a bit blue and pessimistic about my other post interview decisions coming up.

Btw, waitlist activity is next to nonexistent at this school, so I’m checking out of this thread. Peace out ✌🏿!

Last edited:
  • Wow
For everyone who has already interviewed: did you receive your admission decision on the exact day they mentioned? or before? thanks!

For everyone who has already interviewed: did you receive your admission decision on the exact day they mentioned? or before? thanks!
I received it on the day they mentioned but I remember reading on this thread that someone received it the Monday following the Friday they were supposed to hear back.

I got the notification on the day they stated, around 5:30 EST

Is there any way to update the school post-interview? Or are updates only for WL'd applicants?

Is there any way to update the school post-interview? Or are updates only for WL'd applicants?
According to the post interview email they send: "Admissions does not consider updates post-interview/pre-committee meeting"

Any fellow post-interview MSTP rejects here with more info on MD-only consideration? Emailed SOM with questions and no reply.

Anyone know the numbers for waitlist movement? I heard that there’s not much movement.

Last edited:
I was WL'd here last year and they only accepted updates for WL'd applicants. They will send out an email asking for updates/LOIs for WL'd applicants sometime in late April/early May.

For those who interviewed: Did you write a thank-you letter? I am trying to decide if I should before the committee meets haha

For those who interviewed: Did you write a thank-you letter? I am trying to decide if I should before the committee meets haha
No, I did not write a thank you letter and was accepted.

Reactions: 3 users