2021-2022 UC San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I didn’t email to confirm, but I’m an accepted student and didn’t get any emails saying that the CTE deadline had been pushed back. It’s probably safe to say that it hasn’t changed, unless others have heard otherwise!

Reactions: 1 user
I didn’t email to confirm, but I’m an accepted student and didn’t get any emails saying that the CTE deadline had been pushed back. It’s probably safe to say that it hasn’t changed, unless others have heard otherwise!
Thank you for the response!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, I'm big confused. I applied and sent a secondary to UCSD but never got a II. Today I just checked AMCAS and saw that I was placed on the alternate list on June 8th??? I had to go back to old emails to find the log in info on my UCSD portal and a tab to accept/decline a spot on the waitlist was available. I mean, there's no way for them to even consider me if I was never offered an II right???

Ok, I'm big confused. I applied and sent a secondary to UCSD but never got a II. Today I just checked AMCAS and saw that I was placed on the alternate list on June 8th??? I had to go back to old emails to find the log in info on my UCSD portal and a tab to accept/decline a spot on the waitlist was available. I mean, there's no way for them to even consider me if I was never offered an II right???
Call them

Is UCSD still accepting students off the waitlist? Or is the cycle over at this point?

Is UCSD still accepting students off the waitlist? Or is the cycle over at this point?
I'm pretty sure the class is fully enrolled and at this point WL movement would only happen if one of the committed students decided to drop out which would be very unlikely.

Does anyone here know what the UCSD SOM conditional acceptance program is?

Does anyone here know what the UCSD SOM conditional acceptance program is?
Sort of. They select students that don't have any acceptances and make them sign a contract which involves taking certain classes at UCSD and maintain a certain GPA along with other requirements. If you meet those requirements you are guaranteed a spot in next years entering class.

So I posted before about getting a spot on the waitlist without having an II from UCSD. I emailed them and they stated that in order for them to be able to see which students had acceptances and students that had no acceptances, they had to add them to the waitlist. For those students that had zero acceptances, they offered them this conditional acceptance program. They specifically mentioned that if I have an acceptance elsewhere (which I do) they would not offer me this program.

UCR has a similar program which they did offer me. They required me to drop any current acceptances and commit to their program. I didn't want to wait another year so I'm sticking to my current MD offer.

That’s odd they emailed me about it but I do have an acceptance elsewhere

That’s odd they emailed me about it but I do have an acceptance elsewhere
When did you get the email? I am waitlisted and haven't received an email about the conditional acceptance program:(
Are there any other requirements/ how many additional classes should we take? Any info helps, thank you all!