2022-2023 University of Houston (Fertitta)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The school is supposed to get to 120 next year. Does anyone think they are trying to get to 90 this year?
It’s still 60 this year! 120 is going to be so many more spots next year.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Random, so I didn’t pre-match at this school and have another school interview which I may not prematch at that accepts more students.

In my mind, I would love to go to UH as a lot of it is on brand for me, but in my mind, it makes sense to rank the school that accepts more students.

I’m also thinking about emailing them about where I am at in their ranking and seeing if it makes sense to rank a school that won’t offer me an acceptance.

The ranking system seems kinda strategic for those that don’t have prematches.

Does any of this sound detrimental?

Reactions: 3 users
Random, so I didn’t pre-match at this school and have another school interview which I may not prematch at that accepts more students.

In my mind, I would love to go to UH as a lot of it is on brand for me, but in my mind, it makes sense to rank the school that accepts more students.

I’m also thinking about emailing them about where I am at in their ranking and seeing if it makes sense to rank a school that won’t offer me an acceptance.

They won’t tell you where you are on their rank order before match day, it would be a rules violation. But I know the wait is wearing everyone down!

Hi just wanted to let those who interviewed on 01/26 know that the school showed up on the rank today. Hopefully it did for y’all as well, if not I’d recommend calling or emailing admissions !

Reactions: 1 users

can someone put some insight on whether the match process ranking system is to be done strategically? people are saying that UH has filled their class, and although it is true that there will be spots that will open up during match should I be ranking schools that accept more students and schools that are more match heavy?

can someone put some insight on whether the match process ranking system is to be done strategically? people are saying that UH has filled their class, and although it is true that there will be spots that will open up during match should I be ranking schools that accept more students and schools that are more match heavy?
Your strategy is to rank your true preferences.
The match will sort it all out and remember even classes that “seem to be full” now will be subject to shuffling due to applicant preferences

The general consensus is to rank based on where you want to go. Think of it this way - if you really wanna go to UH but there’s only 5 spots left, rank it first so you have a chance at those 5 spots!! If UH doesn’t rank you high then the algorithm will move down to the next slot, etc.

Hello! I have been on what I assume is a pre-interview hold for a while now, no communication for months. Does anyone know if UH accepts updates/LOI for pre-interview applicants? If so, should I send it via email? I do not see anywhere in the portal to upload documents. Thank you for the help!

Hello! I have been on what I assume is a pre-interview hold for a while now, no communication for months. Does anyone know if UH accepts updates/LOI for pre-interview applicants? If so, should I send it via email? I do not see anywhere in the portal to upload documents. Thank you for the help!
Answered your question on the A&M thread, please don’t duplicate posts across multiple pages, or ask your question on the official TMDSAS thread

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody else that interviewed on 01/26 received the in-person tour email? I have been waiting for it and still nothing

Has anybody else that interviewed on 01/26 received the in-person tour email? I have been waiting for it and still nothing
I interviewed then and received the tour info email on 2/2

what?? that is crazy, I'm guessing they don't send the email to everyone :(
Not sure about UH, but other programs that had late interviews only offered tour spots until they were filled. You might email adcoms and see, but they might have run out of spots.

Edit: I just saw you interviewed 1/26. I would email or call just to see if you can still schedule.

I emailed and asked about the tour information. They said there is only one more tour, the 17th, since ranking lists are due the same day.

I'm signed up for the 2/17 tour and when I look at the sign up genius it looks like all spots are filled. There are not any more tour dates listed.

Business casual, but I don’t think they paid much attention to it at all.

yes, I did. I thought the email said we would be notified before the rankings were due. I just reread the email and it says before the match. My bad! 😅

yes, I did. I thought the email said we would be notified before the rankings were due. I just reread the email and it says before the match. My bad! 😅
Yeah I filled it out as well, but found it odd that they might not notify folks about scholarships until after the rank list deadline. Still, maybe tomorrow will be a day for good news!

Maaan I wish they gave us more time to think about those scholarships!

Also got full tuition here for all 4 years :) !!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Congrats to all the scholarships and acceptances. I’ve seen some of y’all across multiple Texas threads.

If y’all got multiple prematches, please give them up ASAP for all those that are waiting behind the scenes, lurking on these rank lists….please lol. I just need to know if I’m in or not.

But again, congrats on the fruits of your labor

Congrats to all the scholarships and acceptances. I’ve seen some of y’all across multiple Texas threads.

If y’all got multiple prematches, please give them up ASAP for all those that are waiting behind the scenes, lurking on these rank lists….please lol. I just need to know if I’m in or not.

Today was the day to submit rank lists so that will now get sorted out in the Match

Reactions: 4 users

Too late! they are forced to give them up anyway.

Just wondering, what will our TMDSAS page look like at 8 AM if we do get a match? Is it just going to have the school name? Will we also get an email from the school at 8 AM?