2022-2023 University of Houston (Fertitta)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well it does say that lol I would still like a formal acceptance. I’m so paranoid.
The paranoia is so relatable haha. Congratulations!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Also just got an interview invite! Will our portal update with the zoom link for the interview because I'm not seeing any instructions right now?
congrats! do you mind sharing stats, IS, date applied, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, so I logged in this morning and the portal updated. I was accepted! :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
What if I got the acceptance email but haven’t gotten and UH portal emails, should I assume everything is okay? Too scared to tell anyone I got accepted this morning and for it to be a mistake :-( LOL

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
What if I got the acceptance email but haven’t gotten and UH portal emails, should I assume everything is okay? Too scared to tell anyone I got accepted this morning and for it to be a mistake :-( LOL
I think you are in! You could always call and ask

Reactions: 1 users
I think the IT department jumped the gun and sent the UH system portal emails before the admissions team sent out the acceptance emails (which we received this morning). Caused a bit of confusion!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't. I'm hoping to get some kinda scholarship/aid info before making the deposit, as it's a major factor in how I'll rank schools.
Did you get the email about the scholarship application?

Did you get the email about the scholarship application?
I did! I would have filled it out immediately, but I'm out of town. If I can't get to it this weekend, I'll have done by Monday afternoon for sure! Did you knock it out?

I did! I would have filled it out immediately, but I'm out of town. If I can't get to it this weekend, I'll have done by Monday afternoon for sure! Did you knock it out?
yes 🫡 there were I only two questions. I poured my soul into them. Lol

• Care
Is there a chance they send pre-match offers on Monday or Tuesday? Or do you all think they will just wait for the match?

Hi guys, I interviewed on Thursday 26th, when should I expect for the school to pop up on the ranking for the match? because nothing as of now and I don't know how much I should wait until I email admissions.

Is there a chance they send pre-match offers on Monday or Tuesday? Or do you all think they will just wait for the match?
Based on the vibe I got from my interview on Thursday, they kept mentioning about us ranking the school and said how there was little time until the deadline for the ranking and it was important for us to do it, I got the impression that they won't be sending any more pre-matches and will wait until Match day. But that's just my personal opinion.

Hi guys, I interviewed on Thursday 26th, when should I expect for the school to pop up on the ranking for the match? because nothing as of now and I don't know how much I should wait until I email admissions.
Don't know how much longer we should wait but I also interviewed Thursday and don't have it on my TMDSAS yet either.

Not sure about how long it takes for UH to enter people, but most schools I interviewed at took about 1-2 weeks. I believe schools need to update this manually. Maybe give it another week and then send an email or call.

They’re done sending out interviews right?

When sending the scholarship app for those who pre matched, did y’all get an automatic reply that the person is no longer employed? There’s no other email stated on the email they sent.

When sending the scholarship app for those who pre matched, did y’all get an automatic reply that the person is no longer employed? There’s no other email stated on the email they sent.
yikes. In that case send it or forward it to the admissions email with an explanation.

I got that reply the first time I sent an email questioning about financial aid, but my scholarship app sent just fine to the email they provided. I also got a response that they had received it.

I guess we are waiting for Match day (for those who did not receive pre-match), the waiting game is awful. I also haven't been able to rank the school bc it does not show on my TMDSAS

Reactions: 3 users
This interview invite now has me conflicted on how to rank schools lol. Here I was absolutely sure on where I was going, now UH wants to through in a last minute curveball.

• Care
This interview invite now has me conflicted on how to rank schools lol. Here I was absolutely sure on where I was going, now UH wants to through in a last minute curveball.
Depending on what date you picked your interview for, you could rank after you have had the interview experience, that would be my advice!

Depending on what date you picked your interview for, you could rank after you have had the interview experience, that would be my advice!
Really the only thing I take into consideration is cost. I think the experience will be the same at most schools. Only thing is I've fell in love with the school I pre-matched at.

Has anybody who has interviewed on 1/26 have UH show up on the rankings for the match yet? Also, has anybody who has interviewed that day receive anything about the campus tours yet?

Just as a small update, I am able to see that there have been 60 prematched students, meaning there has been a prematch for every seat. I'm positive there will be a significant amount lost through the match process and beyond so don't lose hope!

Reactions: 4 users
Has anybody who has interviewed on 1/26 have UH show up on the rankings for the match yet? Also, has anybody who has interviewed that day receive anything about the campus tours yet?
Nope, UH hasn't shown for me yet but it should at the end of this week, I am hoping. and nope, no email yet, they said during the interview they would be sending those mid Feb and there are multiple dates to choose from.

Just as a small update, I am able to see that there have been 60 prematched students, meaning there has been a prematch for every seat. I'm positive there will be a significant amount lost through the match process and beyond so don't lose hope!
If it is any hope or help lol, I got a pre-match offer to UH but will not be going there as I have pre-matched to a school higher in my list :))

If it is any hope or help lol, I got a pre-match offer to UH but will not be going there as I have pre-matched to a school higher in my list :))
I think that is an important thing for those who do not have a pre match (me included) to remember, many people who have a pre match hold several pre matches. Schools cannot offer more pre matches than the amount of seats they have, so when the match works its magic lots of seats will open up at just about every TMDSAS school.

Really? Where did you see that? I was hoping they would leave some spots for the Match. That kinda makes me lose hope lol, because there are so many people interviewed that are waiting for match day :/

Really? Where did you see that? I was hoping hey would live some spots for the Match. That kinda makes me lose hope lol, because there are so many people interviewed that are waiting for match day :/
No, don't lose hope. There will be so much movement on match day. Rank UH how you want!

No, don't lose hope. There will be so much movement on match day. Rank UH how you want!
Thank you for the positive vibes. To those who interviewed on 01/26 like I did, please notify on here whenever you are able to see UHCOM on the rank list

I think that is an important thing for those who do not have a pre match (me included) to remember, many people who have a pre match hold several pre matches. Schools cannot offer more pre matches than the amount of seats they have, so when the match works its magic lots of seats will open up at just about every TMDSAS school.
I think they can offer more than their incoming class, which I think is how A&M massively overadmitted a couple of years ago.
Really? Where did you see that? I was hoping they would leave some spots for the Match. That kinda makes me lose hope lol, because there are so many people interviewed that are waiting for match day :/
I saw this through the admitted student group membership accounting for current students and staff. I’ll echo what @JimmyBuffettsCousin said to not lose hope! The match will reassign some of the admitted students and people may drop after that depending on out of state admissions.

I just declined my interview invite here, I hope it goes out to one of y'all who are anxiously waiting! I would have originally loved to stay in Houston, but doors have opened up for me else where that I am a lot more excited to attend. I say this to all of you who are worried about cost: Yes med school is expensive, but so is being in a place you regret choosing bc of money.

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
II today around noon! IS, Complete early July, almost seven months later... who would've thunk it.

Reactions: 6 users
The school is supposed to get to 120 next year. Does anyone think they are trying to get to 90 this year?