2021-2022 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS Nontraditional MCAT 502, cGPA 3.78, sGPA 3.76, LM 64 complete Supplement on 6/23

For those that recieved a II, could yall share your stats/when yall were complete? Thank you!
OOS MCAT (500-503 range), cGPA 3.3, science gpa around the same.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Completed marked on July 23. Received II today. URM, 505, sGPA 3.75, nonsci 3.76

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y’all i think I said that the interviews were going to be in person optional, but I didn’t see an in person sign up on the II page so looks like all virtual on Mondays and Fridays

Just got this email

Thank you for your interest in the University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine. This email is to inform you that your application has been reviewed and is still being considered. Due to the limited number of space at each interview session we are currently unable to extend an invitation to participate at this time. However, if space permits, an offer may be extended for a future interview date. Interviews are held throughout the fall and spring.

Just got this email

Thank you for your interest in the University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine. This email is to inform you that your application has been reviewed and is still being considered. Due to the limited number of space at each interview session we are currently unable to extend an invitation to participate at this time. However, if space permits, an offer may be extended for a future interview date. Interviews are held throughout the fall and spring.
+1. Don’t know what this means exactly lol

Just got this email

when were you complete?

Got an interview last year, sadly rejected, applied one month earlier and raised MCAT 10 points, just got the application placed on hold email 😩😩😩

Last edited:
Got an interview last year, sadly rejected, applied one month earlier and raised MCAT 10 points, just got the application placed on hold email 😩😩😩
Omg 😭 Did this cycle just get insanely competitive or what?

Quite a few of those "we're not interviewing you now, but maybe later" people did get interviews last year.
I think they were trying to word it kindly, which I think was partly successful :shy:

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
when were you complete this year?

Just got this email

+1

I’m in the same boat. Same exact MCAT score increase too. I haven’t received the email though. Hopefully I’m not rejected…

I’m in the same boat. Same exact MCAT score increase too. I haven’t received the email though. Hopefully I’m not rejected…
Maybe they just hated my interview last year and they don’t wanna deal with it again lol

Maybe they just hated my interview last year and they don’t wanna deal with it again lol
It's pretty early and a lot of invites are still left to go out through the fall and and some in the spring. DO's interview cycles are notoriously long.
Sit tight!

For those who got the interview hold email, when was your application completed?

Not sure if anyone has interviewed yet for this cycle, but wondering if the 2 hours are filled with all MMI stations. Any breaks?

Not sure if anyone has interviewed yet for this cycle, but wondering if the 2 hours are filled with all MMI stations. Any breaks?
There is a "rest" station between the MMI interviews. Basically, as you finish your interviews, you'll go into a room where an OMS-2 will answer questions, You'll wait there until the the time for the next MMI interview or writing prompt.

There is a "rest" station between the MMI interviews. Basically, as you finish your interviews, you'll go into a room where an OMS-2 will answer questions, You'll wait there until the the time for the next MMI interview or writing prompt.
Ah ok! Thanks for your help and insight!

It was something like eight sessions total. You get put in a zoom "breakout room" with your interviewer, then you have 2 min to read the prompt, then eight minutes to discuss. You are bounced around to all interviewers...then an observed group activity.

It was something like eight sessions total. You get put in a zoom "breakout room" with your interviewer, then you have 2 min to read the prompt, then eight minutes to discuss. You are bounced around to all interviewers...then an observed group activity.
Ahhh it's the group activity that fills the rest of that time. That answers a lot for me. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone complete the secondary (7/8) but still haven't heard anything back yet?

I had an interview for UIWSOM last Friday, and I was doing it at the library, the wifi was spotty, so I went outside and it starting raining on my suit. The interviewers were very kind and appreciated that I kept going with the interview even with spotty WiFi and getting soaked by rain. They said they liked my determination and ability to deal with challenges. I hope my interview went well we will have to see. Definitely the most eventful interview I’ve ever had 😂

Reactions: 9 users
I had an interview for UIWSOM last Friday, and I was doing it at the library, the wifi was spotty, so I went outside and it starting raining on my suit. The interviewers were very kind and appreciated that I kept going with the interview even with spotty WiFi and getting soaked by rain. They said they liked my determination and ability to deal with challenges. I hope my interview went well we will have to see. Definitely the most eventful interview I’ve ever had 😂
Lol I hope you hear back good news from them! Did you have a virtual interview?

II today! Very exciting because it's my first one ever! Completed on 7/13, MCAT 508, 3.8GPA, IS and ORM

Really enjoyed UIW's MMI interviews. It was a nice experience. Wishing everyone luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Hi there for those that interviewed? How many days before your interview did you all receive the ZOOM links?

Anyone submit early but have not heard anything yet? Like not even the waitlist email?

To people who've interviewed already at UIWSOM, would you care to share how long the interview process was? I am planning on reserving a library room for it, but unsure how long to reserve it for. TIA! :))

To people who've interviewed already at UIWSOM, would you care to share how long the interview process was? I am planning on reserving a library room for it, but unsure how long to reserve it for. TIA! :))
Plan for just under 2 hours. I think we completed at about an hour 45. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users