2021-2022 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted :/ interviewed 9/13

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Question for the group, do you guys have any info on the percentages of those that get picked up off of the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you who already got an interview/accepted, when did you turn in your app? Stats? pls :)

For those of you who already got an interview/accepted, when did you turn in your app? Stats? pls :)
Secondary 7/7, II 8/31, interview 9/13, accepted 9/24. OOS, URM, 3.75 cGPA, 3.5 sGPA, 500 MCAT

There's a ton of waitlist movement, so don't give up hope yet if you didn't get the A! I was in the same boat last year.

There's a ton of waitlist movement, so don't give up hope yet if you didn't get the A! I was in the same boat last year.
Thanks for the info! Appreciate it! Do you know when they start to pick people up off of the waitlist? I’m assuming closer to Nov-Dec…

Thanks for the info! Appreciate it! Do you know when they start to pick people up off of the waitlist? I’m assuming closer to Nov-Dec…
Probably not until their interview season is coming to a close. But I agree there is substantial WL action at this school.

Reactions: 1 users
Most of the waitlist movement will come starting in May through July, so it's gonna be a while sad to say. You can look at previous year's thread to get an idea

II just now! Very excited!!! Secondary complete 8/1, URM, 3.6x cGPA, 3.8x sGPA, 500 MCAT

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the:

Thank you for your interest in the University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine. This email is to inform you that your application has been reviewed and is still being considered. Due to the limited number of space at each interview session we are currently unable to extend an invitation to participate at this time. However, if space permits, an offer may be extended for a future interview date. Interviews are held throughout the fall and spring.

Just got the:

Thank you for your interest in the University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine. This email is to inform you that your application has been reviewed and is still being considered. Due to the limited number of space at each interview session we are currently unable to extend an invitation to participate at this time. However, if space permits, an offer may be extended for a future interview date. Interviews are held throughout the fall and spring.
seems like a hold or interview waitlist. When were you complete?

Just got the:

+1

Just got the:

At least you got that. I have radio silence over here

Just got the:

Same. I thought it might have been an II but nah. Guess I just have to be patient. I was complete first week of July.

Just got the:

+1 complete 7/14
Does anyone how many people might get II after being on hold pre-II?

Just got the:

Got this too

Same! Is this a waitlist email? Not sure if its waitlist or just saying that they are still reviewing our app. Any thoughts?
Sounds like a waitlist but was wondering if you ever pull people out of that list to get II later in the cycle?

Same! Is this a waitlist email? Not sure if its waitlist or just saying that they are still reviewing our app. Any thoughts?
I got this email last year after I submitted my secondary and around late March, they told me that they didn't have any spots left.

• Sad
Just got the:

Same here. Complete 7/28

Just got the:

+1

Just got the:

+1
Sounds like a hold ?

II earlier today! OOS with a 503 MCAT and 3.95 cgpa and 3.96 sgpa. I know it’s MMI style, but what should I expect? Thanks again for the support guys!

II received yesterday. Can I get you guys' opinion on one thing? So I received an A a couple of weeks back to ACOM. A little background: I'm a TX resident, ORM, 3.62 cgpa, 3.5 sgpa, 505 MCAT. I don't know whether I should accept this invite because I can't justify paying $60k+ annually to a state med school, since I can go to ACOM (though not cheap by any means) but cheaper and is more established. Let me know whether you guys think I should accept the invite. Many thanks!!

II received yesterday. Can I get you guys' opinion on one thing? So I received an A a couple of weeks back to ACOM. A little background: I'm a TX resident, ORM, 3.62 cgpa, 3.5 sgpa, 505 MCAT. I don't know whether I should accept this invite because I can't justify paying $60k+ annually to a state med school, since I can go to ACOM (though not cheap by any means) but cheaper and is more established. Let me know whether you guys think I should accept the invite. Many thanks!!
The UIWSOM interview is relaxing; I would interview for the sake of practice and give yourself options (just in the event of).

If the interviews were in person, then it would be a different story.

Reactions: 2 users
The UIWSOM interview is relaxing; I would interview for the sake of practice and give yourself options (just in the event of).

If the interviews were in person, then it would be a different story.
Appreciate the insight!!!

If nothing else -- you'll get some interview practice. Also, you've paid for it, so might as well attend.

Unpopular opinion here, but if you already have an A and know 100% you would not go here, I’d turn down the interview so someone else can take your spot. There are a lot of people who would like the chance to interview here for a potential A.

When interviews were in person, more people got the chance to interview at a school because people turned down their extra IIs after receiving an A.

Obviously just my opinion though, and I understand where everyone else is coming from!

Reactions: 9 users
Thanks everyone for the valuable insight! I will turn down this interview so someone who needs it more can have it because I know that this is a long and grueling process. II are rare and the A is even rarer. Good luck to whoever receives my spot : )

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Thanks everyone for the valuable insight! I will turn down this interview so someone who needs it more can have it because I know that this is a long and grueling process. II are rare and the A is even rarer. Good luck to whoever receives my spot : )
Thank you! Hoping I get my first II soon maybe from here :)

for those that have had an interview, are we allowed to take notes during the 2 minutes?

Hey everyone, I am a current OMS-1 at UIWSOM. I interviewed in December and got waitlisted. Taken off waitlist in May. Let me know if you have any questions. For more personal questions, you can DM me.

I saw on the website that UIW gives out a $40,000 scholarship ($10,000/year) to applicants who best demonstrate on their primary/secondary app that they align with the school mission and core values. Can any current students discuss how common it is to receive this scholarship?

for those that have had an interview, are we allowed to take notes during the 2 minutes?
Yes, they allow you to take notes. However, they said to not use that as an opportunity to craft ur answer and then read off of it during the 8-min presenting time. hope that makes sense. good luck!

i noticed people with sub 500 mcat scores getting interviews last year and haven't noticed it on this years forum. Has the applicant pool gotten more competitive?

Sorry for the back to back questions, but has anyone else submitted their primary late? I’m wondering how long on average it’s taking to get a secondary application at this point in the cycle. Last year I submitted earlier and ended up getting a secondary within a day or two

Sorry for the back to back questions, but has anyone else submitted their primary late? I’m wondering how long on average it’s taking to get a secondary application at this point in the cycle. Last year I submitted earlier and ended up getting a secondary within a day or two
It took me a day

I saw on the website that UIW gives out a $40,000 scholarship ($10,000/year) to applicants who best demonstrate on their primary/secondary app that they align with the school mission and core values. Can any current students discuss how common it is to receive this scholarship?
You can check our school website For the latest on all scholarships. To my knowledge, they’re also super specific to the type of person they’re looking for (Texas resident for however many years, Veteran status, or whatever the case may be). I have not heard of the one that you’re referring to as something that you can apply to- I am assuming they would just give this to someone upon admission.