2021-2022 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To people who've interviewed already at UIWSOM, would you care to share how long the interview process was? I am planning on reserving a library room for it, but unsure how long to reserve it for. TIA! :))
It's about 2 hours and goes by pretty quickly! Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
To people who've interviewed already at UIWSOM, would you care to share how long the interview process was? I am planning on reserving a library room for it, but unsure how long to reserve it for. TIA! :))
When I interviewed last year, there were six virtual MMI stations; five of the stations were face-to-face stations with an interviewer and there was one rest station. Each station lasted for about 10-minutes. I was given two minutes to read the prompt for that station and eight minutes to discuss with the interviewer. There was one 10-minute rest station and one 10-minute writing station. The writing station was set up just like the verbal MMI stations with the difference being that I was asked to write in response to the prompt using Google Write. Finally, there was a 10-minute group activity station where I and the seven other interviewees interacted under the observation of an interviewer, to solve a problem. Between stations, there was a group gathering room that the director of admissions and an OMS-2 manned. To cover yourself, I'd plan on renting a library space for 1 hr 45 minutes to 2 hours.

Reactions: 2 users
Close to 1.5 hrs depending on whether or not you stick around for the optional student-led discussion afterwards. 2 hrs would be safe I'm assuming if you want to do the whole thing!

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted as well!!! so happy and grateful!! first acceptance 🥺

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Awesome, congrats! UIWSOM is my top choice and I interview with them next Friday. Any words of wisdom or advice for a first-time interviewee?
you got this! They were sooo nice. I was pretty nervous because this was my first MMI interview but I read some posts from other's experiences last year and they all said it was better than they expected and I agree! Read the prompt, take a deep breath, and collect your thoughts. If you find yourself panicking, pause and recollect yourself before starting again. Try practicing some questions in front of your webcam and take videos of yourself. I thought that was really helpful because I realized for half of my videos, I wasn't even making eye contact LOL so watching yourself back can allow you to see what you look like to the other person. Good luck!

Awesome, congrats! UIWSOM is my top choice and I interview with them next Friday. Any words of wisdom or advice for a first-time interviewee?
I agree with sunflower1234, but I also want to add that you should make sure that you know yourself! What are your strengths, weaknesses, etc. I also recommend knowing why you want to attend UIWSOM specifically. If you know these two things and remain calm then you should be fine! Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
Is it too late to apply here next week? i am OOS with no ties to TX. My stats are avg for this school...

Members don't see this ad :)
I had an interview for UIWSOM last Friday, and I was doing it at the library, the wifi was spotty, so I went outside and it starting raining on my suit. The interviewers were very kind and appreciated that I kept going with the interview even with spotty WiFi and getting soaked by rain. They said they liked my determination and ability to deal with challenges. I hope my interview went well we will have to see. Definitely the most eventful interview I’ve ever had 😂
Please keep us updated. I am rooting for you:)

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who interviewed on 8/23 or 8/27 heard anything yet?

• Hmm
Has anyone who interviewed on 8/23 or 8/27 heard anything yet?
8/27; nothing as of yet. They said we'd hear back sometime around 3 weeks give or take so hoping to hear a decision by the end of next week.

Just finished interview I love this school so much

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Waitlisted today. Interviewed first week of September. Good luck everyone!

Accepted!! Good luck everyone hang in there! Interviewed 8/27

Last edited:
  • Love
How long after submission of the primary do we get a secondary?

I just got an II! Completed 7/27.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone have an idea of their post-interview acceptance rate? Or know where I can find this info? Thank you in advance!! :))

Does anyone have an idea of their post-interview acceptance rate? Or know where I can find this info? Thank you in advance!! :))
My class was 165 matriculants for 955 interviews. Post interview acceptance rates are usually 2-2.5 times the amount of students that actually matriculate so I'd put it around 50% or so.

My class was 165 matriculants for 955 interviews. Post interview acceptance rates are usually 2-2.5 times the amount of students that actually matriculate so I'd put it around 50% or so.
Its clearly 50%. You just need to read through the last wave to figure that one out --> Accepted -- WL -- Accepted -- WL :)

It wasn't meant to be rude, I was just stating what they said at the interview and also from what I've seen from others. If it's been longer than 3 weeks then maybe you should reach out to them. But i saw that you were just interviewed recently, so I don't think it's necessary to freak out yet.