-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Virginia Commonwealth
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Think they make an alt list and some people who are on hold get on it and others get rejected in MarchI interviewed on the 5th and just got placed on hold
is this good? does this mean ill either get in or be put on the waitlist? or can I still be rejected too
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No one has gotten an email yet.Did accepted ppl just get the email status update? Not home rn so haven’t checked in a while but didn’t get an email so I’m guessing no
Any estimate on when we should expect the email?No one has gotten an email yet.
So if my portal hasn't been updated by now, should I assume I got rejected?
Bayern789
Full Member
until you get the R your in the game, but your likelihood might have gone down i guessSo if my portal hasn't been updated by now, should I assume I got rejected?
no ideaAny estimate on when we should expect the email?
you sounds like gandalf 😀 but seems like nobody got email so farCongrats to everyone who got tabs and who got accepted. Your portals should be updating right about now! For those who didn't get the A today, dont worry.... hold on and keep the faith. 🙂
Portal then status update. It’s a tougher pill to swallow here in my opinion since they only release As on 4 days. At least other schools it’s easier to cope and say “maybe I’ll get the email a few days from now…admissions office just hasn’t called everybody yet etc.”Does admissions normally call you for news or it’s updates in the portal?
The curse of transparency
(Obviously I think the transparency is better than schools that aren’t transparent but it can be tough in the moment)
Ephemeralis
Full Member
still not received any email
Didn’t get in either. Wonder if my application is worse than I thought to not be towards the upper end of the list.
Congratulations to everybody who got accepted earlier
Congratulations to everybody who got accepted earlier

by tabs do you mean the "file status" page with official transcripts, vcu information, and in-state tuition eligibility? or actual sidebar tabs underneath "home" and "withdraw application"unless something has changed from the past, then yeah it means no acceptance 🙁
Bayern789
Full Member
yeah the file status thingy means you got in!by tabs do you mean the "file status" page with official transcripts, vcu information, and in-state tuition eligibility? or actual sidebar tabs underneath "home" and "withdraw application"
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That means you're accepted! We're all still waiting for the email though. I'm really surprised we haven't received it yet...is the impression that we should be in good shape if we have the file status page and the "hold for acceptance at a later date" message following interview? bugging out that i haven't gotten an email or other portal update
You’re in. Other portal stuff probably just takes longeris the impression that we should be in good shape if we have the file status page and the "hold for acceptance at a later date" message following interview? bugging out that i haven't gotten an email or other portal update
Wouldn’t you get it Tuesday? I’m pretty sure the portal updates and email sent next dayThat means you're accepted! We're all still waiting for the email though. I'm really surprised we haven't received it yet...
Bayern789
Full Member
nah based on previous years it would have been today around 6:05, maybe they aren't done (this is me coping for not getting tabs 🙁 )Wouldn’t you get it Tuesday? I’m pretty sure the portal updates and email sent next day
We should've received it today ): Plus admissions said they'd give us decisions today, and I doubt they intended for tabs to be the indication for an acceptance hahaWouldn’t you get it Tuesday? I’m pretty sure the portal updates and email sent next day
Bayern789
Full Member
I mean the tabs probs mean your names have been uploaded, but they are definitely doing something which is taking time. Maybe uploading more people or checking again or maybe just wanna wait until tomorrow 🤷♂️We should've received it today ): Plus admissions said they'd give us decisions today, and I doubt they intended for tabs to be the indication for an acceptance haha
HatefulGrape
Full Member
No tabs or email either. Gonna take my L in peace and wait for the next school lmao
Somewhat agree with this but why would have some ppl got accepted? Unless they were so high that it would have been mathematically impossible for them to not be within top 50. Also there’s been like 5 accepted here. Seems like a decent amount have gone outMaybe there’s a chance that they are waiting until after people interview tomorrow so they don’t have to wait until December?!? 🤞🏽
i think the most likely outcome is a waitlist in March, seems like that happened to most people who didnt hear back on their decision dayif I'm on hold with no tabs anyone know the chance of getting accepted later? I know my chances were better for this acceptance date but should I give up hope or is there still a good chance I could get in later?
@Talldoctor96 do you know how the 1-5 score is determined. Is it mainly based on application or interview?
Just a little worried that my application won’t stack up at other schools now because I thought this was my best interview yet. So if this interview was actually bad, I can’t imagine what my other scores will be


Just a little worried that my application won’t stack up at other schools now because I thought this was my best interview yet. So if this interview was actually bad, I can’t imagine what my other scores will be



very true. I’m just hopeful that I don’t have to wait until December 16 to hear back 😂 congrats to those who got the tabs today though!!Somewhat agree with this but why would have some ppl got accepted? Unless they were so high that it would have been mathematically impossible for them to not be within top 50. Also there’s been like 5 accepted here. Seems like a decent amount have gone out
Your file score, and your interview performance are presented to a committee of 30@Talldoctor96 do you know how the 1-5 score is determined. Is it mainly based on application or interview?
Just a little worried that my application won’t stack up at other schools now because I thought this was my best interview yet. So if this interview was actually bad, I can’t imagine what my other scores will be![]()
Ish people and they all vote 1-5 on you. That total score average is your score for the entirety of the cycle.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you know what could be going on with the emails? Ppl with tabs still have no email.Your file score, and your interview performance are presented to a committee of 30
Ish people and they all vote 1-5 on you. That total score average is your score for the entirety of the cycle.
Did message change?Do you know what could be going on with the emails? Ppl with tabs still have no email.
Ephemeralis
Full Member
no, message hasn’t changed - just a transcripts section under the hold message. And still no emailDid message change?
Other than tabs I got earlier today, no.Did message change?
Interesting. The tab isn’t on the side? Maybe I will to check portal againno, message hasn’t changed - just a transcripts section under the hold message. And still no email
I guess we'll get the email tomorrow?
Guess so...I guess we'll get the email tomorrow?
Ephemeralis
Full Member
no the tab is not on the side- it’s under the message - it’s a pretty huge box with different categories like transcripts and tuition eligibility. The side bar still says home or withdraw as the only thingsInteresting. The tab isn’t on the side? Maybe I will to check portal again
Ephemeralis
Full Member
Still no email. Thought maybe we’d wake up to one, but it looks like we’ll have to wait for today. I just really want something more official than seeing *tabs* before I can feel like I actually got in.
Maybe they’ll just send the email at 6 like they were planning to yesterday. I agree, I want something official.Still no email. Thought maybe we’d wake up to one, but it looks like we’ll have to wait for today. I just really want something more official than seeing *tabs* before I can feel like I actually got in.
Ephemeralis
Full Member
I don’t think there’s anything wrong or “neurotic” about folks being frustrated by a process where you hear you’re accepted to medical school by a slight change in a few boxes in your portal instead of an actual offer email or call like every other school does.This thread has got to be the most neurotic on all of sdn lol
Agreed. “Tabs” being an indication of an acceptance with no follow up email or even a “congratulations” message is frustrating.I don’t think there’s anything wrong or “neurotic” about folks being frustrated by a process where you hear you’re accepted to medical school by a slight change in a few boxes in your portal instead of an actual offer email or call like every other school does.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What’s neurotic? There’s nothing neurotic about “tabs”. The assistant Dean of admissions used to come on this thread and openly discuss them! It’s not speculation it’s a legit way to know.This thread has got to be the most neurotic on all of sdn lol
That explains it! Thank you so much for the updateI just spoke with them on the phone and apparently they were having IT issues and that's why there weren't any emails sent yesterday
Lots of tin foil hat vibes here, but I agree with @Ephemeralis so I say that in jest, this process sucks so that only thing I can do is laugh with itThis thread has got to be the most neurotic on all of sdn lol
Are more people going to get tabs today?
Edit: just say IT issues so I guess not.
Edit: just say IT issues so I guess not.