2021-2022 Virginia Commonwealth

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone paid the matriculation fee yet? after submitting it, the pay enrollment fee tab disappeared from my portal. just making absolutely sure this is normal after submitting payment and not some weird portal issue...
Same thing happened to me, received a portal update with a confirmation message a few hours afterwards though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Let me know which circumstances so I can cop
I got the interview invite today and its scheduled for tomorrow. Apparently someone withdrew their app. They had a free spot open and they emailed me asking if I would be okay attending an interview tomorrow. I am IS and LM 71 complete late july!
That’s the first time I’ve heard of something like that, good luck in your interview!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"Sure, before you have received your “file review is complete” you’re essentially in limbo — your file has only been partially reviewed. II are given out based on your final file score. So if you’re in limbo you don’t have a score yet and you’re not in the queue with all the other applicants to get an interview. The queue is a bunch of people ranked by their file score and a certain score gets an interview. Like let’s say for basic number sake your file score is 11 and the threshold is 10, then you’re invited to interview. But when you’re on the subcommittee status you have no score yet and can’t get over the 10 threshold. Once you recieve that your file review is complete: you’ve reached the terminal stages of review and have a score. You are now added to the queue with that score. Does that make sense ? Obviously it’s not exactly how it works but you get the idea"...quoting from SDN user talldoctor96....last year's (2020-2021) VCU thread. I think this is very helpful to me...thank you talldoctor96!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Submitted my secondary 8/4 (I did not recognize that my secondary was sitting in my spam for about a month!). File review was complete 10/26. Don't lose hope friends.
 
Question- when you finally hit file complete, do most people end up with a II? Has anyone gotten a rejection from it? I was on subcommittee for like a month and my status just changed to complete.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II rejection. Completed my application first week of September. OOS. 511 MCAT, 3.6 cGPA. Good luck to everyone else in the running!