2021-2022 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is there a groupme or discord for admitted students? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I apologize that I added to anyone’s stress during this time :/ I’d post what I’m seeing in the portal if it didn’t have so much identifying info. Best of luck to everyone out there 💙

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey now VCU applicants, don't let the stress of waiting for information make you turn on each other.

I will ask you to wait to hear your own official results. Some of these things like, "the portal is closed", "the tabs appeared" or "the arrow turned blue instead of green" are not an official notice to you, and arguing about them causes the kind of discord we see in this thread today.

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone heard back yet? I thought decisions would come out today...

• Sad
  • Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
My portal updated with the “on hold”. But no tabs. Did ANYONE get any?
I haven't gotten anything yet... i did notice that it says offers will be made "around" March 1st, so what if it doesn't come out today, but tomorrow?

Reactions: 1 users
Portal just updated with on hold for possible acceptance, interviewed 2/18!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 1/25 and my portal is still on hold. I reckon this is game over for me, then.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Received an email that my portal status updated at 6:09 PM. Finally accepted after interviewing Oct. 19!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Received an email that my portal status updated at 6:09 PM. Finally accepted after interviewing Oct. 19!
+1 Interview Feb 2/9. This is what my portal shows for the person who was asking.
Screenshot 2022-03-01 183708.png

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Immediate portal update, I never checked for tabs tho bc of all the confusion with it earlier today
Great, i'm manifesting a portal update tonight then :bow:. And congratulations!

no email notification + too scared to check portal to confirm rejection = feelsbadman

What if I did something really egregious during my interview? Does this school give app feedback?

Anyone think more A’s could come tomorrow as well?
During the info session yday, they explained that they only sent out half the normal amount of A's they usually do, to reserve seats for the March batch of applicants. After March 16th, there should be more A's as the waitlist is formed as well.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
During the info session yday, they explained that they only sent out half the normal amount of A's they usually do, to reserve seats for the March batch of applicants. After March 16th, there should be more A's as the waitlist is formed as well.
Yup- this is what I was trying to say earlier. They doo this every year- they do another batch after the March dates its not an auto WL.

I do think tho that the As will just really go to those who are interviewing in march.

Reactions: 4 users
Yup- this is what I was trying to say earlier. They doo this every year- they do another batch after the March dates its not an auto WL.

I do think tho that the As will just really go to those who are interviewing in march.
I really hate to be this person. I know you're knowledgable about this. What's the post II acceptance rate at this point for VCU if you're a march batch?

I really hate to be this person. I know you're knowledgable about this. What's the post II acceptance rate at this point for VCU if you're a march batch?
So it’s about 25 percent for each of the 4 dates: I would imagine they try and keep it fair so something like that?

So it’s about 25 percent for each of the 4 dates: I would imagine they try and keep it fair so something like that?
Thank you! I really appreciate all the replies you do with the knowledge you have. Means a lot

Hey guys, I was a March interviewee and just wanted to report actually I'm not sure if we were told two different things at 2 different interviews or if that was just the case for our interview cohort but our group was told we are essentially only interviewing for the waitlist because all the offers have already been made but the waitlist fluctuates quite a bit and is rather dynamic and there were a few medical students there who said how they've been accepted off of waitlists. So I don't want to be contradicting anyone, just providing you all with as much info as possible going into this. Hope I didn't confuse or upset anyone - I understand if anyone is disappointed, I was pretty disappointed myself but just wanted to reiterate to not lose hope because there's still a chance :) Good luck to everyone still interviewing - may the positive forces be with us lol!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, I was a March interviewee and just wanted to report actually I'm not sure if we were told two different things at 2 different interviews or if that was just the case for our interview cohort but our group was told we are essentially only interviewing for the waitlist because all the offers have already been made but the waitlist fluctuates quite a bit and is rather dynamic and there were a few medical students there who said how they've been accepted off of waitlists. So I don't want to be contradicting anyone, just providing you all with as much info as possible going into this. Hope I didn't confuse or upset anyone - I understand if anyone is disappointed, I was pretty disappointed myself but just wanted to reiterate to not lose hope because there's still a chance :) Good luck to everyone still interviewing - may the positive forces be with us lol!
This is also what I was told at my March interview

My cohort was told the exact same thing when I interviewed in March last year. All the best!

The Facebook group is pretty silent… have any accepted students been receiving any communication since their initial acceptance?
Accepted student Facebook groups don’t really pick up steam until April / May.

Does VCU accept updates?
It's complicated - but from my understanding long story short, they only accept updates from candidates they have interviewed and even then, updates from interviewees are for all intents and purposes time-sensitive where you want to try to turn it in before the committee meets to give you a final committee score, hope that clarifies things!

So we should not write a letter of intent or update now that they are choosing their waitlist? (my interview was in early September it has been a while and I think I should write a letter to them)

So we should not write a letter of intent or update now that they are choosing their waitlist? (my interview was in early September it has been a while and I think I should write a letter to them)
Is there an email you can send the update letters to?

Portal status finally changed to "file review complete" after being on member of committee forever. Assuming I'll be getting pre-II R soon

Portal status finally changed to "file review complete" after being on member of committee forever. Assuming I'll be getting pre-II R soon
FroM what I understand they’re finished sending out their IIs

From what they made it sound like during my interview they really only review those in the few days between the applicant's interview and the subsequent committee meeting a few days later. However, with them formulating the waitlist I don't think you sending it in is going to harm you. Always better to show interest right? At least then you gave it your best shot and if you do get WL you can send something in again or they at least already have your letter