2021-2022 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
From what they made it sound like during my interview they really only review those in the few days between the applicant's interview and the subsequent committee meeting a few days later. However, with them formulating the waitlist I don't think you sending it in is going to harm you. Always better to show interest right? At least then you gave it your best shot and if you do get WL you can send something in again or they at least already have your letter
Do you know the email that we can send those updates to?

Members don't see this ad.

A letter of interest or intent after you’ve been voted on in committee is simply a check mark that will go next to your name. I’m not exaggerating when I say this - the ONLY thing that influences when u get taken off the waitlist is the score you got at committee. Nothing will change that number, and they simple for down in order of that number. At this point, your fate has already been decided by your interview performance!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A letter of interest or intent after you’ve been voted on in committee is simply a check mark that will go next to your name. I’m not exaggerating when I say this - the ONLY thing that influences when u get taken off the waitlist is the score you got at committee. Nothing will change that number, and they simple for down in order of that number. At this point, your fate has already been decided by your interview performance!
Thank you

Are there any current VCU students here? Would love to connect and hear more about your experience at this school, thanks :)

Reactions: 1 user
Do you think they will send out any As with this upcoming committee meeting?

Someone said that this "A" wave is just a waitlist wave previously in this thread. Wondering how true that is.
Historically they save a few As for those who interview after March 1.

Waitlist is formed soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
"The Admissions Committee has met to discuss your file. Your application is being placed on hold for possible acceptance at a later date. We anticipate making offers around October 16, December 16, February 1, and March 1. If any of these dates fall on a weekend the offers will be made on the following Monday. An alternate list will be formulated in mid-March and will become active at that time

Your profile will remain on hold until such time that you either receive an offer of admission or an invitation to be on the alternate list. Your application will no longer be under consideration if you do not receive an invitation to be on the alternate list."

Uhhhhhh/ Interviewed 3/1

Someone said that this "A" wave is just a waitlist wave previously in this thread. Wondering how true that is.
I interviewed on 3/1 and they told us that they only offered half of the spots they usually do on an acceptance day on 3/1 so that we were not interviewing for the waitlist.

"The Admissions Committee has met to discuss your file. Your application is being placed on hold for possible acceptance at a later date. We anticipate making offers around October 16, December 16, February 1, and March 1. If any of these dates fall on a weekend the offers will be made on the following Monday. An alternate list will be formulated in mid-March and will become active at that time

Your profile will remain on hold until such time that you either receive an offer of admission or an invitation to be on the alternate list. Your application will no longer be under consideration if you do not receive an invitation to be on the alternate list."

Uhhhhhh/ Interviewed 3/1
+1 interviewed 3/3

I understand that an LOI is just a checkmark next to your name, so is it still something that needs to be sent or is totally irrelevant and won’t make a difference?

Nope, nothing yet, but I don’t think it has to be today, they just said mid March

If the portal is late on updating w official decisions, do you think it's also late on showing tabs :1whistle: (pls just humor me)

Still nothing on my portal :/ Getting pretty discouraged

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry to interrupt the Tabs/Acceptance frenzy but I just received an Accepted Student Visit Day invite email and wanted to know who is goingggggg!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
based on last year discussion, we may receive waitlist invitation tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 users