2021-2022 Waitlist Support Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Another manifestation post… still waiting for that email from my dream school. We got this you guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
manifesting (and praying) for an A this week!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Accepted at my number one choice on Thursday! Don’t lose hope if you are still waiting.

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
Members don't see this ad :)
MANI-MONDAYYYYY LETS GOOOOOOOOO. This gotta be my 4th time doing this and i'm tired :confused::confused::confused:

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Anybody about to submit the next cycle app today so they're early when they inevitably get screwed by this process yet again?

If that's you, I feel you gang. Hang tight, 3rd time's the charm.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Manifest Monday
Here We Go Again GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
just received a LOR for the new cycle but I'm still on 4 WLs for the current cycle. I figured it couldn't hurt to add it. AMCAS says I need to resubmit my application to add this new LOR. is this normal? This wouldn't impact being on the WL would it?
To add a LOR to your old application, you have to send it directly to the school (and most of them won't want it this late in the game, and won't want it if it doesn't come from AMCAS). The 2022 AMCAS application is closed. That's why you can't add LORs to it. AMCAS is telling you to submit it for 2023, which won't be added to your current file, so don't bother.

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone else submitting their primary this week? Sitting on 4 WL's. So tough 😔

• Care
Reactions: 15 users
Hey guys, I really hope you all get off of your waitlists (I wish that for all of you)! I'm not sure if this is the right place to discuss this, but I am on one WL on one school and I hope that I get off of it. However, this was my first time applying with an incredibly half-baked application (my writing was terrible, and my activities were adequate but cookie cutter) and I really am not surprised I didn't get in. I was trying to go straight through to medical school after my senior year, and I was preparing to apply again this cycle, but I actually think it might be better to actually wait to apply until next cycle, when I have gained way more clinical experience and will have totally overhauled my activities section. Is anyone else considering this? I am sorry to bring this up here and please know that I hope that all of you receive an acceptance, I just don't have anyone else to discuss this with. I just want to make sure I won't be a third time reapplicant, and this seems like the route to go to ensure that doesn't happen. What do you guys think? Again, I'm sorry to bring this up here

Medical school is still going to be there and it likely is a mistake to throw your hat in the ring again too quickly if you don't have anything substantial to add. Some schools even have limitations on how many times someone can apply there.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I really hope you all get off of your waitlists (I wish that for all of you)! I'm not sure if this is the right place to discuss this, but I am on one WL on one school and I hope that I get off of it. However, this was my first time applying with an incredibly half-baked application (my writing was terrible, and my activities were adequate but cookie cutter) and I really am not surprised I didn't get in. I was trying to go straight through to medical school after my senior year, and I was preparing to apply again this cycle, but I actually think it might be better to actually wait to apply until next cycle, when I have gained way more clinical experience and will have totally overhauled my activities section. Is anyone else considering this? I am sorry to bring this up here and please know that I hope that all of you receive an acceptance, I just don't have anyone else to discuss this with. I just want to make sure I won't be a third time reapplicant, and this seems like the route to go to ensure that doesn't happen. What do you guys think? Again, I'm sorry to bring this up here
Yeah I totally believe it is best to take another year, bolster your application, get a clinical job or research gig to bring money in, and do the application right the next time. Because tbh unless you applied to <10 schools or were too top/OOS public heavy, there’s some significant deficit in your app that is holding you back at this juncture. Best wishes my friend.

Medical school is still going to be there and it likely is a mistake to throw your hat in the ring again too quickly if you don't have anything substantial to add. Some schools even have limitations on how many times someone can apply there.
Do you know which schools limit the number of applications/if there’s a place I could find this? I know UCLA is limited to one or two reapplications, but im curious what the other schools are.

first and only A of the cycle after submitting reapp! best of luck and don't give up

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 31 users
Do you know which schools limit the number of applications/if there’s a place I could find this? I know UCLA is limited to one or two reapplications, but im curious what the other schools are.
I for sure remember seeing that statement in the secondary app portal for the schools that state a limited number. But I'm sure you'd be able to find it somewhere on the school's website if you do a search/command+F.

Manifesting this A for us my friends :)

Reactions: 5 users
Just got the A at my top choice! 😭 I am so relieved and happy

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 27 users
Just got an A !!! 😭😭 crying and shaking!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 22 users
anyone else’s CTE coming up but they are still on WL for their top choice

Got the A for class of 2023! Still on one WL but super relieved I have a safety net and that I won't need to retake the mcat/reapply

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 14 users
Feeling lucky! Manifesting an A!!
Got my first A today after 4 WL!! Still planning to hold out a bit for my top choice but extremely happy/relieved. This is so surreal. Best of luck to everyone else!

• Love
Reactions: 28 users
Anyone on Howard med waitlist? Any suggestions on how to get that A?🥹

Manifesting (crying) I get off my waitlist one last time for this cycle because it's about time to manifest for next cycle 😤

• Care
I was manifesting on this thread and got the A at my top choice a few days ago with a full tuition scholarship. Keep the hope alive guys!!!!!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 26 users
I’m so happy to see that some of us are getting off these waitlists. Let’s keep the hype train rolling. Next stop Manifest-station!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just got off my only waitlist! This thread has been the most uplifting and made me smile during some of the really tough times. If I could get in, all you brainiacs are gonna get there- don't lost hope even if you have to take a couple tries like me.

• Love
Reactions: 23 users
Just got off my only waitlist! This thread has been the most uplifting and made me smile during some of the really tough times. If I could get in, all you brainiacs are gonna get there- don't lost hope even if you have to take a couple tries like me.
That's amazing! Congrats!

Those of you who got in... did you do anything apart from sending letters of intents?

I sent in so many updates and LOI but still silence

back to manifest this A once more, WE ARE GOING TO MED SCHOOOOOL

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Been lurking on this thread for a while, and it's time! Manifesting an A from one of my 3 waitlists!!!!! 🤞🤞

Next Wednesday going to get that A, manifesting it 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know is Oho State Med is ranked or unranked waitlist?

Also at this point are med schools more likely to accept high-stat OOS folks?

Also at this point are med schools more likely to accept high-stat OOS folks?
More likely than what? High stat applicants, IS and OOS, always have a edge.

That said, if anything should be clear from even a very superficial glance at the posts on SDN, a helluva lot more than stats goes into a med school acceptance. A TON of people with less than exceptional stats are successful, from the earliest acceptances in October through WL acceptances in June and July. At the same time, there are certainly people with spectacular stats that have other deficiencies in their applications that cause them to become reapplicants.

TLDR -- all things equal, high stats are always better than low stats, but all things are rarely equal. High stats are no more important in June than they are in October.

Last edited: