2022-2023 California Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The FB group up to 135 members (2 admin so 133 students). Been on the WL, hoping for movement. Anyone know how much longer are they interviewing?
Same boat as you. Last year they interviewed through July. Admissions told me to expect WL movement really at the end of April-June/July although some WL movement has already begun.

Members don't see this ad.

The FB group up to 135 members (2 admin so 133 students). Been on the WL, hoping for movement. Anyone know how much longer are they interviewing?
Does it include current students as well, so maybe the number is a little less?

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected today, interviewed 2/22. Life goes on and on and on and on........now give me your brains!

Same boat as you. Last year they interviewed through July. Admissions told me to expect WL movement really at the end of April-June/July although some WL movement has already begun.
Did they already start moving off the waitlist??

I JUST GOT THE CALL OFF THE WL!!!! ACCEPTED

I am going to be a doctor at my number 1 choice in med school. I get to remain home! Over the moon. Will be accepting. Thank you to everyone who told me to keep my head up and to just hang in there.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
I JUST GOT THE CALL OFF THE WL!!!! ACCEPTED

I am going to be a doctor at my number 1 choice in med school. I get to remain home! Over the moon. Will be accepting. Thank you to everyone who told me to keep my head up and to just hang in there.

Congrats so happy for you, glad to see some waitlist movement!
Do you mind sharing you stats?

Congrats so happy for you, glad to see some waitlist movement!
Do you mind sharing you stats?
Now that I am accepted I have no issue sharing. I am a non-trad and hope by sharing my stats everyone can understand that there is more to this process than simple numbers. I hit so many hurdles along this journey, DO NOT let those hurdles derail you. Just keep going.

MCAT: 496 and 501
cGPA: 3.57
sGPA: 3.60

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Now that I am accepted I have no issue sharing. I am a non-trad and hope by sharing my stats everyone can understand that there is more to this process than simple numbers. I hit so many hurdles along this journey, DO NOT let those hurdles derail you. Just keep going.

MCAT: 496 and 501
cGPA: 3.57
sGPA: 3.60
Congrats! Very similar stats to me. Hoping for some WL movement as well

Reactions: 1 user
I will be declining my acceptance! Got interviewed mid jan and was given a spot off the waitlist on 2/23. Good luck to everyone, hopefully this helps someone!

Literally wondered this too. What was the point of waitlist if they weren’t pulling from it and just kept interviewing?
I believe they took everyone off (myself included) from the WL and had to interview more !

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Late to this but I have an interview scheduled this month and got the II Feb 16th! ☺️ excited

Hopefully this means I can get off the WL lol
I highly think you will get off, it's just a matter of when. The class is also larger this year, so more WL movement imo. There might be parking problems coming year now that I think about it lol

I highly think you will get off, it's just a matter of when. The class is also larger this year, so more WL movement imo. There might be parking problems coming year now that I think about it lol
You were right!!! I got the A call off the WL earlier this afternoon. I was December interview, but did not expect WL movement so soon as they said late April / May. From the Valley, will be attending here!! SO EXCITED

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
You were right!!! I got the A call off the WL earlier this afternoon. I was December interview, but did not expect WL movement so soon as they said late April / May. From the Valley, will be attending here!! SO EXCITED
CONGRATSS!! hahah I guess I was able to manifest As for some of yall <3

• Love
Congrats that so awesome that they are moving people from the waitlist already!! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Congrats to everyone who was accepted off the waitlist!!! This gives me a bit more hope about my status :)

Has anyone not heard anything since the secondary was marked completed? Mine was 10/07

Has anyone not heard anything since the secondary was marked completed? Mine was 10/07
They had a very quick turnaround with my secondary and interview invite. I don't think it's uncommon for applications to get left behind though. If you have any updates, I would try to use that as a way to communicate with them and let them know you are interested.

I'm currently waitlisted post-interview and I'm wondering if it would be useful to send a letter confirming I am still interested in the school. I remember they said that they would reach out periodically to applicants on the waitlist, so I don't know if I should wait until they do that. I'd love some advice if anyone has any experience with post-waitlist communication at this school!

I'm currently waitlisted post-interview and I'm wondering if it would be useful to send a letter confirming I am still interested in the school. I remember they said that they would reach out periodically to applicants on the waitlist, so I don't know if I should wait until they do that. I'd love some advice if anyone has any experience with post-waitlist communication at this school!
When I sent an update letter post interview they were friendly and stated that they would add it to my file. Nothing came of it as far as movement but I don't think it hurts to reach out to show your enthusiasm for the school if this is where you would like to go. When they reach out with the waitlist surveys there isn't much room to add any updates and they state to email or call for those things so it seems they keep that process separate anyway! Goodluck!

• Love
I sent two update letters and a LOI and a few weeks after the LOI, I got the A call!

• Love
Got accepted off the waitlist last week!! Interviewed early Jan and from the Valley.
Stats: MCAT 507, 3.3 cgpa

• Love
Is anyone who has interviewed willing to give some insight into the types of questions they ask? I've been preparing and would love to know if they focus on medical ethics, personal questions, critical thinking, etc.

Is anyone who has interviewed willing to give some insight into the types of questions they ask? I've been preparing and would love to know if they focus on medical ethics, personal questions, critical thinking, etc.
simple, why this school, why DO, etc.

Took myself off the waitlist. Hope there’s movement for someone here!

Any tips for interview here? What sort of questions should I prepare for? Having a hard time finding the type of questions they ask and the whole peppers thing is confusing haha. Feeling a little worried about TBL activity, but noticed earlier in the thread folks said not to worry too much.

Any tips for interview here? What sort of questions should I prepare for? Having a hard time finding the type of questions they ask and the whole peppers thing is confusing haha. Feeling a little worried about TBL activity, but noticed earlier in the thread folks said not to worry too much.
The questions were standard run of the mill interview questions - my advice would be to make sure you highlight personal parts of your application in your answers because it’s closed file. The hot peppers thing is totally chill I promise you don’t need to worry about it - just read the document they provide you with! Good luck!

• Care
has anyone heard of any waitlist movement recently? i know they took a few people off further up in the thread, but does most of the movement pick up in May?

has anyone heard of any waitlist movement recently? i know they took a few people off further up in the thread, but does most of the movement pick up in May?
I got off the waitlist March 27th

• Love
Recently withdrew my acceptance. Best of luck to the many deserving applicants on the waitlist!