2022-2023 California Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just got WL yesterday, not from the valley so idk if that will make a difference for getting off of it. fingers crossed

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y'all! I've been accepted and want to hear some of the pros and cons folks have in mind! Would appreciate any input -- really struggling with decisions here

Withdrew my acceptance today. Hoping it goes to one of you deserving waitlisters! Sending good vibes

Reactions: 1 user
just got asked to interview after 5 months. must be a lot of movement

Those who has been accepted off waitlist, do you send letter of intent? Did u also sent an update letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Congrats to everyone getting accepted and best of luck to the people on WL!

I wanted to ask if any of you happen to have completed the MSBS here at CHSU before applying to the COM?
Any input or redirection is appreciated. For context, I applied to the MSBS program but haven't heard back from them yet :(

Accepted off the WL just now, SoCal resident, did not send a letter of intent but did send Thank You Letter. Wishing luck to the rest of you waiting!

• Love
Accepted off the WL just now, SoCal resident, did not send a letter of intent but did send Thank You Letter. Wishing luck to the rest of you waiting!
Congrats! do you mind sharing your stats please?

I wanted to ask if any of you happen to have completed the MSBS here at CHSU before applying to the COM?
Any input or redirection is appreciated. For context, I applied to the MSBS program but haven't heard back from them yet

Any input or redirection is appreciated. For context, I applied to the MSBS program but haven't heard back from them yet :(
have you hear anything yet? I got accepted

Recently interviewed, the person that interviewed me had the tone that they had better things to do than interview me, I got no feedback when I answered a question. The person just read from a piece of paper. Maybe that was the test, tbh I don't think I was that good of an interviewer anyways since I am very bad at talking myself up ahahaha. Live and learn.

Recently interviewed, the person that interviewed me had the tone that they had better things to do than interview me, I got no feedback when I answered a question. The person just read from a piece of paper. Maybe that was the test, tbh I don't think I was that good of an interviewer anyways since I am very bad at talking myself up ahahaha. Live and learn.
aw so sorry you at that experience. My wasn’t like that. Do you know who interviewed you?

I had the same experience. They even questioned my response like "is that really your answer?" And kinda was shaking their head while i was talking. Sometimes he would cut me and just end it there. 🤷🏾‍♂️

For the background check does anyone know how to release the results to the school?

For the background check does anyone know how to release the results to the school?
I called the certiphi helpline a week or two ago to ask about this and they said after the 10 day mark of us receiving it, it will automatically be released to the school.

I’ve been wondering if it’s the same for the drug screen though. I did one through certiphi + quest for one of my old jobs and it was just automatically sent.

Can any of you describe the pros and the cons of this school? I am trying to decide between ATSU SOMA and this school and I need to make a decision by Friday.

Can any of you describe the pros and the cons of this school? I am trying to decide between ATSU SOMA and this school and I need to make a decision by Friday.
Hey,
Off the top of my head this is what I can think of:

Pros:
1. Medical Spanish education can prep you well for dealing with diverse patient populations
2. Cooking education is a great and fun opportunity that is not found elsewhere
3. The surrounding area is nice because it is a more agriculture place

Cons:
1. No federal loans for at least 1 academic year
2. Limited research opportunities and extracurricular experiences may affect your competitiveness for some residency specialities
3. Cost of living may be more expensive than Arizona

Can be positive or negative depending on personal preference:

1.No anatomy lab (AKA no cadavers)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hey,
Off the top of my head this is what I can think of.

Pros:
1. Medical Spanish education can prep you well for dealing with diverse patient populations
2. Cooking education is a great and fun opportunity that is not found elsewhere
3. The surrounding area is nice because it is a more agriculture place

Cons:
1. No federal loans for at least 1 academic year
2. Limited research opportunities and extracurricular experiences may affect your competitiveness for some residency specialities
3. Cost of living may be more expensive than Arizona
I was told federal loans were getting approved this academic year. It might take a few months but once they are approved any private loans you take out this year can be converted to federal loans.

good luck deciding!! if you don’t mind sharing, is Friday a deadline set by CHSU or ATSU? just wondering when we might start to see more waitlist movement

I don't see much waitlist movement on sdn here. Any idea on when does the mass waitlist movement starts?

I don't see much waitlist movement on sdn here. Any idea on when does the mass waitlist movement starts?
from last year’s thread, it looks like they took a lot of people off mid-late June. seriously hoping we don’t have to wait so long this year

Just withdrew my A - hope it goes to one of the WL folks anxiously waiting <3

Withdrawing my A here, hope one of you hears good news soon :)

• Care
I got accepted off the waitlist just now :) Interviewed back on 2/8 and was waitlisted on 2/28!

• Care
I got accepted off the waitlist just now :) Interviewed back on 2/8 and was waitlisted on 2/28!
congratulations future doc!!! I interviewed and was waitlisted on the same dates as you, so I'm hoping I hear some good news soon too! Would be an absolute dream to go to medical school here :)

• Love
congratulations future doc!!! I interviewed and was waitlisted on the same dates as you, so I'm hoping I hear some good news soon too! Would be an absolute dream to go to medical school here :)
thank you!! best of luck to you and i hope to see you this fall <3

• Care
just got accepted off the waitlist! Interviewed 2/6, waitlisted 2/28 :)

• Care
Get the call yesterday afternoon! Super excited to be part of the upcoming class. :)

Interviewed: 2/22
WL: 3/3

Looks like people got accepted today. As I see number of people increased in Facebook group (182 now) Feel like being left behind as I was put on waitlist on 3/11. Losing hope for getting an acceptance here:(

• Care
Looks like people got accepted today. As I see number of people increased in Facebook group (182 now) Feel like being left behind as I was put on waitlist on 3/11. Losing hope for getting an acceptance here:(
that doesn't mean it's from today! People could have been accepted last week and just joined now, keep your head up!!

• Care