2022-2023 California Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Looks like people got accepted today. As I see number of people increased in Facebook group (182 now) Feel like being left behind as I was put on waitlist on 3/11. Losing hope for getting an acceptance here:(
If it makes you feel any better, I didn’t join the FB group of the school I was accepted at until at least a week after (I don’t really use Facebook). But your feelings are totally valid, this school is my top choice and I’m also starting to lose hope 😞

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I spoke too soon! I just got A call! I can’t be more happy!!! I hope many others did too! Please don’t keep ur head down like I did. Keep your heads up too! You are gonna do great!!!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
I spoke too soon! I just got A call! I can’t be more happy!!! I hope many others did too! Please don’t keep ur head down like I did. Keep your heads up too! You are gonna do great!!!
Told you ;)

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
congrats future doc!!! 💪🏽

• Care
congratulations! I hope to see you there. When did you interview?

• Care
Yeah i was also wondering about rotations, where are they, and how are sites picked among students?

Is the waitlist movement done?🥲
I hope not! I do wish the process was more transparent though, especially because I’ve heard that this waitlist isn’t ranked - does anyone have any ideas on how they would pull from it in that case?

• Care
Looks like people got accepted today. As I see number of people increased in Facebook group (182 now) Feel like being left behind as I was put on waitlist on 3/11. Losing hope for getting an acceptance here:(
The number is up because they added second and third year students for housing posts and stuff, don't worry about the number for now.

Members don't see this ad :)
The number is up because they added second and third year students for housing posts and stuff, don't worry about the number for now.
Yup! That is true y’all! Don’t loose hope please!

the only thing keeping me afloat is knowing they were still accepting people into late july last year hahahaha

the only thing keeping me afloat is knowing they were still accepting people into late july last year hahahaha
Expect a lot of WL movement to happen around late June/early July! Most of my friends and myself got in around late June last year. :)

Rooting for yall!!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Expect a lot of WL movement to happen around late June/early July! Most of my friends and myself got in around late June last year. :)

Rooting for yall!!
thank you so much!

I know this is a more specific question, so it’s okay if you don’t know. I currently have an acceptance at an OOS school that starts earlier in July, but CHSU is my top choice. I’m grateful to have an acceptance, but its becoming kind of hard to do things (like committing to a lease) when I still have hope. I feel like I should be more realistic and fully commit to going to the OOS school, but it’s pretty difficult when I know I still have a chance at CHSU - do you (or anyone else) have any advice on how I can try to move forward?

Just got the A call!

*crying happy tears*

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
thank you so much!

I know this is a more specific question, so it’s okay if you don’t know. I currently have an acceptance at an OOS school that starts earlier in July, but CHSU is my top choice. I’m grateful to have an acceptance, but its becoming kind of hard to do things (like committing to a lease) when I still have hope. I feel like I should be more realistic and fully commit to going to the OOS school, but it’s pretty difficult when I know I still have a chance at CHSU - do you (or anyone else) have any advice on how I can try to move forward?
I am in the same situation as u. Try to communicate with your school. I am gonna sign a lease next Monday. I still have hope for CHSU. If it works out, I will just have to loose my deposit for my lease. I know some people are not okay with that but if you are, I think that’s the best bet.

• Care
I am in the same situation as u. Try to communicate with your school. I am gonna sign a lease next Monday. I still have hope for CHSU. If it works out, I will just have to loose my deposit for my lease. I know some people are not okay with that but if you are, I think that’s the best bet.
Thank you for your response! I think that's what I will end up doing as well. Good luck to you!!
Just got the A call!

*crying happy tears*
same...so happy that i don't have to reapply again.
Congratulations future docs!!! Hoping I will see you there :)

thank you so much!

I was actually in the same boat, I had an OOS acceptance, so I didn't sign the lease even when I was waiting till June 22nd because I had hope I would get in. However, I was in the process of signing a lease around that time because I also didn't want to loose any good opportunities for housing. I say be on the lookout for housing and stuff and perhaps see if the others you are living with are wiling to wait for you to sign the lease if it's possible, otherwise, as long as you can find someone to replace you and takeover your lease if you get accepted at CHSU, then you'll be fine. I even got my security deposit back because the new student returned it back to me when they took over my room.

Good luck, hope you get into your dream school.

• Care
Waitlisted on 4/18. 🥲 is it safe to say they already passed up my application since most that are getting acceptances right norte are waitlisted the same waitlist day as me?🥲

Any news today?
nothing here. I sent a really short "hey I still want to go here" letter last week to remind them but I've been waitlisted since January and it seems they've accepted April waitlists so they've been passing on me right?

Just got off the waitlist! 🥹
Interviewed 5/10
Waitlisted: 5/19

• Care
Just got off the waitlist! 🥹
Interviewed 5/10
Waitlisted: 5/19
did you write a letter of intent or interest or send any other form of update during your time on the waitlist?

did you write a letter of intent or interest or send any other form of update during your time on the waitlist?
I sent one letter of intent shortly after receiving the waitlist email.

I saw CHSU released their COMLEX 1 pass rates and I’m confused. What’s first time vs. cumulative? First time pass rate is at 80% (which seems low and troubling) but the cumulative pass rate is 100%. I don’t understand the differences.

I saw CHSU released their COMLEX 1 pass rates and I’m confused. What’s first time vs. cumulative? First time pass rate is at 80% (which seems low and troubling) but the cumulative pass rate is 100%. I don’t understand the differences.
First time pass rate is 80% meaning 80% of the people taking the comlex 1 passed it on their first try. However, overall everyone or 100% of the students passed the test; some passing on their first try and others passing after multiple attempts.

Just got the A call this afternoon!!!! I was waitlisted since January so don’t give up guys!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
manifesting acceptances for us still on the WL this week!!! 💪🏽

Does anyone know how the grading for this school works? Is it pass-fail for the exams? Is each exam individualized or are they all cumulative for a semester?

Does anyone know how the grading for this school works? Is it pass-fail for the exams? Is each exam individualized or are they all cumulative for a semester?
For year long courses, exams are cumulative with more focus on new material. They all receive grades except medical spanish, which is pass/fail. Failing is anything less than 70% (this applies to graded courses as well).

For block courses,
  • Midterms and finals are not cumulative. They occur every 2-3 weeks, depending on whether it's a 4 week or 6 week class.
  • Block courses also have one practical exam at the end of each course (same week as the final exam). This exam is cumulative. The practical exam is more anatomy and histology based and includes a lot of identification.

For year long courses, exams are cumulative with more focus on new material. They all receive grades except medical spanish, which is pass/fail. Failing is anything less than 70% (this applies to graded courses as well).

For block courses,
  • Midterms and finals are not cumulative. They occur every 2-3 weeks, depending on whether it's a 4 week or 6 week class.
  • Block courses also have one practical exam at the end of each course (same week as the final exam). This exam is cumulative. The practical exam is more anatomy and histology based and includes a lot of identification.
Graded is really tough. That means you pretty much have to get As everywhere for a good residency right? I thought it would be pass-fail and then if you get above a certain percent you get Honors

Just got accepted off WL today, was like the first interview date back in August 😳

• Love
  • Care
Screenshot_20230623_225127_Instagram.jpg

I guess they are still interviewing??

Withdrawing my A… there should continue to be slow movement off the waitlist weekly… if you get the status update email from them that you’re one of the next to be called off waitlist then I would expect the A within the week with a 48 hour window to accept their offer.