2022-2023 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted email received at 10:30 CST! I am so unbelievably grateful! ACOM is my top choice!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the A!! Interviewed 10/28. I was on the interview hold list until mid October. Don’t give up everyone!! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Is there an accepted student groupme or something along those lines?

For those who have experience of being on a waitlist, how fast do they move considering being waitlisted at this time of the cycle?

Reactions: 2 users
Never thought I’d be relieved to get an R. Officially signing off from this thread. Congrats to everyone and good luck!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know how we can scheduled a tour of ACOM?
On your ACOM discover portal if you click "Visit Us" there will be events listed included accepted student tours. It took a day or two for my portal to update before it started showing the accepted student tours. The next two tours are 11/12 and 12/9. It looks like they are also offering virtual accepted student tours now.

does anyone know how many waitlist spots they have? I know they have 208 seats in the med school but do they have like 100 WL spots or like 500 WL spots

Reactions: 1 user
For those who have experience of being on a waitlist, how fast do they move considering being waitlisted at this time of the cycle?
I actually reached out to them asking about how their waitlist works and I got two pieces of information from them:

1. waitlist isn't ranked. so just because you interviewed earlier or potentially have better stats/application than another candidate doesn't place you higher or lower on the WL. which sucks bc it means someone who gets WL out in March or smth would still have an equal fighting shot as the rest of us who got WL in October/November

2. The committee supposedly reviews the WL in late spring/early summer and takes students off accordingly. This is kind of in-conflict with what others have been saying earlier in this thread that they take candidates off the WL during the December deposits. I'll run with the information adcom gave me though, since it assumes worst-case. If that is the case, we're in for the long haul fellas :((

I actually reached out to them asking about how their waitlist works and I got two pieces of information from them:

1. waitlist isn't ranked. so just because you interviewed earlier or potentially have better stats/application than another candidate doesn't place you higher or lower on the WL. which sucks bc it means someone who gets WL out in March or smth would still have an equal fighting shot as the rest of us who got WL in October/November

2. The committee supposedly reviews the WL in late spring/early summer and takes students off accordingly. This is kind of in-conflict with what others have been saying earlier in this thread that they take candidates off the WL during the December deposits. I'll run with the information adcom gave me though, since it assumes worst-case. If that is the case, we're in for the long haul fellas :((
Hey , Thanks for sharing. So if the waitlist is not ranked , how will they decide which student to take off the waitlist ?

Hey , Thanks for sharing. So if the waitlist is not ranked , how will they decide which student to take off the waitlist ?

In the mean time best thing to do is stay positive . I read there’s a lot of wait list movement for acom. So hopefully that’ll play off in our favor. Good luck to all applicants! We will find our med school home eventually

Reactions: 1 users
I'm curious about this too tbh. I don't think anyone would know unless they're a part of adcom

I'm curious about this too tbh. I don't think anyone would know unless they're a part of adcom
Current OMS-II who came off the waitlist in early June after being waitlisted in December! There's really not much rhyme or reason TBH. You are right that unless you are on the Adcom there is no way to know for sure. Personally, I recommend sending them an update after the completion of your Fall/Spring semester letting them know about grades or an improved MCAT or whatever. The year I applied there was practically no waitlist movement until Summer and then a tidal wave of them. Keep your head up and continue grinding away!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm a current OMS-I and I agree. I was waitlisted in November last year and accepted off the waitlist in May. But I definitely recommend sending in updates so they know you're still interested. I sent in an updated MCAT score in March so that may have been what helped me get accepted. But good luck to everyone!

Current OMS-II who came off the waitlist in early June after being waitlisted in December! There's really not much rhyme or reason TBH. You are right that unless you are on the Adcom there is no way to know for sure. Personally, I recommend sending them an update after the completion of your Fall/Spring semester letting them know about grades or an improved MCAT or whatever. The year I applied there was practically no waitlist movement until Summer and then a tidal wave of them. Keep your head up and continue grinding away!

I'm a current OMS-I and I agree. I was waitlisted in November last year and accepted off the waitlist in May. But I definitely recommend sending in updates so they know you're still interested. I sent in an updated MCAT score in March so that may have been what helped me get accepted. But good luck to everyone!
thanks for info.... Are letters of intent any good? and as far as update letters, i know taking classes and retaking the MCAT is the best way to show interest...but what if thats not possible ? apprecitae any tips!

Also, was there a substantial increase in your MCAT score that may have helped?

I am interviewing in December. Does anyone know if the class is full?

hey appreciate the info, you mind sharing what you did to improve you chances of getting off the waitlist? thanks!

did anyone else who interviewed 11/4 have poker-face interviewers? they said it'd be like a casual conversation but they were super straight face and now I'm spiraling