2022-2023 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did they send an email out for the Rs or do you have to go to the portal?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been taken off the waitlist who received their interview decision in early December?

Reactions: 1 user
I have already accepted that I have been rejected. I turned in my application like late july and have heard nothing. I wish they communicated better.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know why, over the months, the portal shows that LOR's "last received" on different dates?
Like today, it's showing "last received" today. Last week it was "last received" on 1/9.
i may be grasping for a sign that they're looking at my application...

I have already accepted that I have been rejected. I turned in my application like late july and have heard nothing. I wish they communicated better.
Lol I think all med schools do that and it's mad annoying. Like there are so many places where I basically know they don't want me so why are they stringing me along like this

Reactions: 1 users
Lol I think all med schools do that and it's mad annoying. Like there are so many places where I basically know they don't want me so why are they stringing me along like this
Honestly I agree with this. I know that applicants are scored and they wait to give Rs in case a more desirable applicant says no to them, but for people who genuinely won’t get a shot-why string them along?? I think it’s pathetic that some schools literally do a single R wave in March and that’s it. They’re making millions off of applicants but can’t give the professional courtesy of rejecting them quickly. At least Georgetown had the decency to tell me to kick rocks, 4 weeks after I submitted.

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Not that I’m aware of, but in the second look email they just sent they have an accepted instagram page.
Yeah, just thought there'd be one by now since their C/O 2026 page was made in december.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been able to find an academic calendar for AMC or know someone who goes here and can pass it along? I can't find anything for the med school just bioethics and pharm.

Has anyone been able to find an academic calendar for AMC or know someone who goes here and can pass it along? I can't find anything for the med school just bioethics and pharm.
Yeah. On your acceptance email there’s a link to last years second look. There they discuss the updated curriculum and calendar. It looks and sounds solid.

Has anyone recently received a post-ii decision from albany? I expected them to drop some results today but it seems like they didn't? Hopefully we see movement in alternate pool again!

Does anyone know if it's beneficial to send an update for grades? I have 2 more semesters of classes now but my GPA hasn't really changed much at all

Do y’all know if they respond to their emails?? Or have had luck with it

Im curious about this school. Why is it so hard to find rankings for this school? Why does it say that this school is unranked yet I see so many people post about their status? Im just curious from you all who applied. Why did you all apply here? Any answers would be helpful. Also, I applied here because a friend told me about it, but I have heard very little from this school.

Interviewed on 1/23/23. I am now waiting for a decision. Who knows if they will put me on their Alternate list or reject me straight out.

Hey guys, I am interviewing here very soon, and I was wondering if anyone could give some advice/tips for the interview!

Im curious about this school. Why is it so hard to find rankings for this school? Why does it say that this school is unranked yet I see so many people post about their status? Im just curious from you all who applied. Why did you all apply here? Any answers would be helpful. Also, I applied here because a friend told me about it, but I have heard very little from this school.

Interviewed on 1/23/23. I am now waiting for a decision. Who knows if they will put me on their Alternate list or reject me straight out.
Being unranked by US news just means the school doesn’t submit data to US News for their ranking algorithm. It’s been a big story recently because 11 of the top 20 medical schools on US news have announced they will no longer submit data to US news, including Harvard which is currently ranked #1. So ranking really isn’t something to worry about.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know when Albany’s spring break usually is? Was trying to find a detailed past academic calendar with those dates but couldn’t :(

They don't accept pre-II updates right?
no. I emailed them and replied that they do not accept any updates other than new grades. Good to see you again sosmed. I was on Albany waitlist until the end last year like you.

I am still waiting for an II from them.... I thought albany valued reapplicants. I remember a 3rd time waitlist reapplicant get accepted last minute last cycle..

no. I emailed them and replied that they do not accept any updates other than new grades. Good to see you again sosmed. I was on Albany waitlist until the end last year like you.

I am still waiting for an II from them.... I thought albany valued reapplicants. I remember a 3rd time waitlist reapplicant get accepted last minute last cycle..
Ahh good luck to you!! I hope we both get an II again this year:) I really fell in love with this school last year

Ahh good luck to you!! I hope we both get an II again this year:) I really fell in love with this school last year
Yeah. I feel you. I got a good vibe from the school as well. Hopefully, they will look again on the reapplicants soon:)

II today. Complete mid-August. MCAT: 515+, GPA: 3.8+.

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know if Albany accepts updates post II? I was waitlisted in december

Placed on Alternate list today.
II on 1/25/23

Did anyone send a thank you? Not sure who to send it too.
You can send it to whoever was directing your interview that day (most likely the person who sent you the agenda). They can forward your notes to the appropriate parties.

Honestly is can't believe it. Check your promotion folders, my acceptance came through there

Can someone that's currently attending Albany COM DM me to answer a few questions? Thanks 😊☺️