You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Albany
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
vikik
Full Member
also had trouble with this! I would recommend using Mozilla Firefox - this was the only browser that worked for me.II today but the photo upload doesnt work so I cant schedule.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am assuming they may not put us there until they sort out their "final waitlist"? Usually, albany did under consideration for the folks who did not get accepted outright during the cycle, then around mid-late april, they accepted some ppl from that pool and put the rest in the real alternate list pool. Albany's AL pool has to be huge since they put a lot of ppl there, so they may just be waiting until things get sorted out a bit more.I was put on AL here back in November but this school doesn't show up in my CYMS tool in AMCAS. all my other WLs are there. anyone else having the same issue?
same... albany and another school i'm WL at are not thereI was put on AL here back in November but this school doesn't show up in my CYMS tool in AMCAS. all my other WLs are there. anyone else having the same issue?
Are WL schools supposed to be seen on the choose my MD school function?same... albany and another school i'm WL at are not there
From the decision email: "those who do not receive an immediate acceptance are placed on the Alternate List"I am assuming they may not put us there until they sort out their "final waitlist"? Usually, albany did under consideration for the folks who did not get accepted outright during the cycle, then around mid-late april, they accepted some ppl from that pool and put the rest in the real alternate list pool. Albany's AL pool has to be huge since they put a lot of ppl there, so they may just be waiting until things get sorted out a bit more.
So it seems like everyone who didn't get an outright acceptance went onto the AL with post-II R's not being possible. So yeah, AL is probably huge.
D
deleted1150416
Word. Has anyone seen a post ii R here? If so, how was it worded?From the decision email: "those who do not receive an immediate acceptance are placed on the Alternate List"
So it seems like everyone who didn't get an outright acceptance went onto the AL with post-II R's not being possible. So yeah, AL is probably huge.
idk if I saw one from this cycle, but Albany does post ii R here and there. I definitely saw some reported on SDN previously. Probably reporting bias..Word. Has anyone seen a post ii R here? If so, how was it worded?
premed09876
New Member
Is there an admitted students groupme or facebook group?
happy_squidward
Full Member
there is an IG account. they are not super active sadly but you can PM me for the accountIs there an admitted students groupme or facebook group?
pizzalover19
New Member
+1pre-II R just now, complete 7/29
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i want to say tho is why did the rejection email assume we didn't get in anywhere else and need to reapply 🤣
There are many people who specifically want to apply to a certain school because they have some kind of connection or it’s their top choice or whatever. Some people would rather reapply to their top choices than take an acceptance from a school lower on their list I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I’m not one of those people lol, but they do exist.
Also just received pre-II rejection!
iceylatte
Full Member
+1pre-II R just now, complete 7/29
+2, was in my promotions email box
Pre-II rejected.
The AAMC WL protocol says that Albany puts around 200 applicants on the WL and about 35 applicants are pulled from there. That's a large WL but not unusual for private med schools.From the decision email: "those who do not receive an immediate acceptance are placed on the Alternate List"
So it seems like everyone who didn't get an outright acceptance went onto the AL with post-II R's not being possible. So yeah, AL is probably huge.
D
deleted1150416
I've seen the AAMC wait list protocol too but I don't feel like that makes sense if 90% of their class comes from the alternate list, as mentioned by multiple people that have interviewed. Using some back-of-the-envelope math, they have 100 people matriculate from normal admissions so 90 should come from the alternate list. Not only that, but according to this dated graphic (from last year's thread), 300+ are accepted total. I highly doubt 270/300 are directly accepted with what admissions said, CycleTrack data, and this year's and previous year's AMC thread. Also, shameless plug but fill out CycleTrack to help increase the data available on admissions timelines/decisions for all your schools 🤓The AAMC WL protocol says that Albany puts around 200 applicants on the WL and about 35 applicants are pulled from there. That's a large WL but not unusual for private med schools.
Attachments
I've seen the AAMC wait list protocol too but I don't feel like that makes sense if 90% of their class comes from the alternate list, as mentioned by multiple people that have interviewed. Using some back-of-the-envelope math, they have 100 people matriculate from normal admissions so 90 should come from the alternate list. Not only that, but according to this dated graphic (from last year's thread), 300+ are accepted total. I highly doubt 270/300 are directly accepted with what admissions said, CycleTrack data, and this year's and previous year's AMC thread. Also, shameless plug but fill out CycleTrack to help increase the data available on admissions timelines/decisions for all your schools 🤓
The AAMC WL protocol says that Albany puts around 200 applicants on the WL and about 35 applicants are pulled from there. That's a large WL but not unusual for private med schools.
I’m pretty sure it’s bc that’s when they had UC that became AL, unlike the current cycle that only has AL. UC must have been huge, then they accepted/rejected a bunch, then formed AL in Spring
blink2028
Full Member
+3+2, was in my promotions email box
AL today, interviewed 2/8
Not trying to be mean, but not interviewing sounds just dumb to me. Just shoot your shot. It doesn't cost you anything.Received II yesterday, wondering if it's even worth interviewing given that its so late in the application cycle
I agree unless you have another acceptance at another school and wouldn't even considering accepting an offer of admissions from Albany, then I think the best thing is to decline to give that II spot to someone else.Not trying to be mean, but not interviewing sounds just dumb to me. Just shoot your shot. It doesn't cost you anything.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dr. Zezima
Full Member
Interviewed 1/9… Still no response. Anyone else?
scaredpremedgui
Full Member
So most people aren't getting A's immediately right? It seems like the majority is getting AL 3-4 weeks after their interview.
Looks that waySo most people aren't getting A's immediately right? It seems like the majority is getting AL 3-4 weeks after their interview.
yourstruelypremed
Full Member
I interviewed in September and was put on AL in October. Is it unlikely that I ever get off the AL this cycle since so much time has passed w/o any news? Thanks for any replies🙂
Are interviews done here? I’ve had radio silence since August
I forgot I even applied hereAre interviews done here? I’ve had radio silence since August
Lezgooo pre II R complete early July 😛 was waiting for it
Lezgooo pre II R complete early July [emoji14] was waiting for it
+1 [emoji3060]
piglover123
Full Member
+1+1 [emoji3060]
sw2090
Full Member
+1Lezgooo pre II R complete early July 😛 was waiting for it
+1Lezgooo pre II R complete early July 😛 was waiting for it
flyon_littlewing9587
Full Member
Any mid-august submitters receive a pre-II R?
Astrid Stanley
Full Member
Still no word from them….
Same here. Early October interview and have been on the AL ever since.I interviewed in September and was put on AL in October. Is it unlikely that I ever get off the AL this cycle since so much time has passed w/o any news? Thanks for any replies🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yourstruelypremed
Full Member
If only they gave a timeline or any type of update for those of us on the AL. Ah wishful thinkingSame here. Early October interview and have been on the AL ever since.
If only they gave a timeline or any type of update for those of us on the AL. Ah wishful thinking
AL movement won't really start until at least mid-April and most likely May because that's when people with multiple A's have to narrow their choices and then pick a school.
Hi! I am building a school list and looking for current M3/M4's that can speak a little bit about Albany!
Specifically, I have the following questions (please feel free to answer as many as you have time for, I know it is a lot!):
1. What is your preclinical grading system?
2. How often did you have exams during your preclinical years?
3. Are these exams based more on lecture/in-house or NBME material?
4. What are the attendance expectations (for lecture, PBL, etc)?
5. What happens if you fail an exam (is it marked on your transcript)?
6. What is your clinical grading system?
7. What % of students earn honors per rotation (if applicable)?
8. Who chooses which order your rotations are in (students, lottery, other)?
9. If you could describe the environment during your rotations in one word, what would it be?
10. How much time do you have for electives?
11. Do you have AOA at Albany?
Thanks so much in advance for answering! I appreciate you making time for this 🙂
Specifically, I have the following questions (please feel free to answer as many as you have time for, I know it is a lot!):
1. What is your preclinical grading system?
2. How often did you have exams during your preclinical years?
3. Are these exams based more on lecture/in-house or NBME material?
4. What are the attendance expectations (for lecture, PBL, etc)?
5. What happens if you fail an exam (is it marked on your transcript)?
6. What is your clinical grading system?
7. What % of students earn honors per rotation (if applicable)?
8. Who chooses which order your rotations are in (students, lottery, other)?
9. If you could describe the environment during your rotations in one word, what would it be?
10. How much time do you have for electives?
11. Do you have AOA at Albany?
Thanks so much in advance for answering! I appreciate you making time for this 🙂
tachypremed
Full Member
Just got the pre-II R! Complete late July. Good luck everyone!