You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Albany
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Tatum00green
Full Member
does anyone know what the post interview invite acceptance rate is? or at least how many offers they usually give out? I know that there are about 700 interviews given per year
That's awesome, huge congrats to you 🤗 !!II like 45 minutes ago, was rejected pre-II last year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From what I read, I saw 40-50% including waitlist movement!does anyone know what the post interview invite acceptance rate is? or at least how many offers they usually give out? I know that there are about 700 interviews given per year
Tatum00green
Full Member
I read that the majority of people are accepted of the waitlist. Another school that I interviewed at last year (uniformed services university) did something similar where they accepted only as many spots as were available in a class (they could not over enroll due to government budgeting) and would waitlist everyone else, but they ended up accepting nearly 50+% of their waitlist. Is it similar here?From what I read, I saw 40-50% including waitlist movement!
Congrats! When were you complete? Do you mind sharing your stats ?II like 45 minutes ago, was rejected pre-II last year.
I also read that many people get accepted off the waitlist! But I was not explicitly told by the school whether this will be true for this cycle. I doubt their admissions changed much, maybe they forgot to tell us that? One thing is they consistently interview 700 ppl and accept anywhere from 300-350 ppl to fill 100 spots.I read that the majority of people are accepted of the waitlist. Another school that I interviewed at last year (uniformed services university) did something similar where they accepted only as many spots as were available in a class (they could not over enroll due to government budgeting) and would waitlist everyone else, but they ended up accepting nearly 50+% of their waitlist. Is it similar here?
Tatum00green
Full Member
I was complete at some point in July I think but my stats are 3.72 cGPA and 510 MCAT ORM.Congrats! When were you complete? Do you mind sharing your stats ?
Did you guys ever get a complete email? I know I'm marked as complete in the portal, but I don't think I ever got an email.
Its been more than 2.5 months and nothing lol, I dont know anymore haha
Does albany send Pre II-R and when do they usually occur or has anyone had any of those?
No I think we have to keep checking. I think that maybe the only way we find out if we get an II tooDid you guys ever get a complete email? I know I'm marked as complete in the portal, but I don't think I ever got an email.
No I think we have to keep checking. I think that maybe the only way we find out if we get an IIDid you guys ever get a complete email? I know I'm marked as complete in the portal, but I don't think I ever got an email.
SameIts been more than 2.5 months and nothing lol, I dont know anymore haha
What do you mean by checking? Do we check our portals or email them?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Corndawggy
Full Member
They do not email you to confirm completion of your application. As long as it you finalized it through their portal, you are all set!Did you guys ever get a complete email? I know I'm marked as complete in the portal, but I don't think I ever got an email.
Source: Interviewed at Albany this year, never got an email confirming my application completion.
Tatum00green
Full Member
I got my pre-II rejection in like march of last year. IDK if they happen earlier tho. It is still very early in the cycle so I wouldn't get too stressedDoes albany send Pre II-R and when do they usually occur or has anyone had any of those?
There is another one in November! They say the meeting won’t affect your chances for admissions.how important is it to attend the AMC USA Student Panel before your interview? I have my interview on Wednesday and that panel is today at 2 pm, is it worth taking off work for? I already requested tomorrow and Wednesday off to prep
ORM, 3.9, 508, and lots of work with underserved communitiesCongrats! What were your stats and EC's like?
It was VERY VERY chill. They are just trying to get to know you so be yourself. Use the 2 minutes to read and then re-read the prompt and create a rough outline of how you want to start your answer 🙂 Best of luck to you 🙂interviewing tomorrow and so terrified, any last-minute tips? this is my first med school interview ever
Thank you!It was VERY VERY chill. They are just trying to get to know you so be yourself. Use the 2 minutes to read and then re-read the prompt and create a rough outline of how you want to start your answer 🙂 Best of luck to you 🙂
just realized i never sent a thank you letter after my II... let me just crawl in a little hole
PremedKid4
Full Member
Cause as we all know, a thank you letter is the difference between an A and Rjust realized i never sent a thank you letter after my II... let me just crawl in a little hole
/s
relax dude. its just a courtesy thing, nothing that actually matters
Tatum00green
Full Member
Another school that I interviewed at did MMI as well but they had basically did 3 MMI (10 minutes each) and followed that up with a traditional (25 minutes) and then did another 3 MMIs and followed that up with another traditional. Is it the same here or are there no traditional type interviews at all? Might be my first ever straight MMI style lol.
II, OOS, stats in signature. Having lots of trouble trying to get this photo uploaded to schedule the interview...
Use firefox!II, OOS, stats in signature. Having lots of trouble trying to get this photo uploaded to schedule the interview...
Thank you so much!! Was able to schedule [emoji846]Use firefox!
St0len_Sweetroll
New Member
Anyone that's interviewed heard back already? I've got nothing so far.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nothing here! I’m convinced Albany wouldn’t ask their admissions team to work on a Saturday, so we’ll get our calls on Monday. 🤞🏻Anyone that's interviewed heard back already? I've got nothing so far.
happy_squidward
Full Member
Anyone interviewed from the west coast? How was it? I have my interview at 6am PT and getting a bit nervous
Is it a sure thing that we should be expecting calls?Nothing here! I’m convinced Albany wouldn’t ask their admissions team to work on a Saturday, so we’ll get our calls on Monday. 🤞🏻
Absolutely not; hoping for a Monday call was my coping mechanism through the weekend lolIs it a sure thing that we should be expecting calls?
Fluffernuttersquish
Full Member
Have there been any pre II rejections? Haven't heard anything since mid July! Losing optimism!
+1Have there been any pre II rejections? Haven't heard anything since mid July! Losing optimism!
St0len_Sweetroll
New Member
It looks like everyone last year on SDN got an email. Could be wrong though.Is it a sure thing that we should be expecting calls?
Thank you for doing this reconnaissanceIt looks like everyone last year on SDN got an email. Could be wrong though.
Received an email from AAMC about the MCAT dates and I momentarily saw AMC instead….🥹🥹🥹
I'm dying for results from my Albany interview!! I interviewed on the first day and they mentioned the "third week of October" for when we may hear back. Did anyone else hear something more specific? I loved this school's vibe and am really hoping for an A. 😍
For some reason I have october 19 in my head but i don’t know if that’s wishful thinking or if they actually said it lol. I think last year first notifications were October 20I'm dying for results from my Albany interview!! I interviewed on the first day and they mentioned the "third week of October" for when we may hear back. Did anyone else hear something more specific? I loved this school's vibe and am really hoping for an A. 😍
Wanted to let you all know I had gotten an II last week but withdrew from Albany yesterday as I got into one of my top choices. Hope the interview goes to one of y'all!! Have a great rest of the cycle 🙂
Congrats on a successful reapplicant year!Wanted to let you all know I had gotten an II last week but withdrew from Albany yesterday as I got into one of my top choices. Hope the interview goes to one of y'all!! Have a great rest of the cycle 🙂
Thank you! It just goes to show applying a little earlier and retaking the MCAT (only improved 5 points) can have a huge effect. I wish you all the luck and good vibes on your cycle <3Congrats on a successful reapplicant year!
MCATSCRUBS
Full Member
Do we withdraw on the portal or we have to send them an email?Wanted to let you all know I had gotten an II last week but withdrew from Albany yesterday as I got into one of my top choices. Hope the interview goes to one of y'all!! Have a great rest of the cycle 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There's a place on the portal. I got a confirmation email shortly after submitting in the portal.Do we withdraw on the portal or we have to send them an email?
Ive been complete for 2 months and no word lol..
Corndawggy
Full Member
No one that has been interviewed has heard anything yet, right? This post-10/15 wait is killing me!
rapidfinch103
Full Member
Nope. Thought from last year’s thread we would know by now.No one that has been interviewed has heard anything yet, right? This post-10/15 wait is killing me!
Same!! No word here either. I’m struggling with the wait for sure.No one that has been interviewed has heard anything yet, right? This post-10/15 wait is killing me!