2022-2023 Albany

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed 10/12 and just got the email today (12 pm PST) that I’m on the alternate list…..thought I bombed the interview so this is good news for me :’)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know the timeline of when people on the alternate list start hearing back?
Last year i believe the first person from the alternate list received an acceptance on October 27, which was one week after they were initially placed on the alternate list. After that i couldn’t find another one for a while, like early December i want to say
 
lol so I submitted everything on 8/16 and just got a diversity email asking me to apply and I was so confused so I went into the portal and realized you need to press finalize and they don't automatically move you for review once all your stuff is in... so thats great. I am so mad.
 
lol so I submitted everything on 8/16 and just got a diversity email asking me to apply and I was so confused so I went into the portal and realized you need to press finalize and they don't automatically move you for review once all your stuff is in... so thats great. I am so mad.
Omg I'm so sorry bro lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should we send update letters to get our chances increased for getting off the waitlist? Also, do you know what acceptance rate is like post waitlist?
they made it pretty clear that they dont want any letters/updates so I would probably not send that letter. acceptance rate (from WL or just straight from II) is around 40-45% here!
 
lol so I submitted everything on 8/16 and just got a diversity email asking me to apply and I was so confused so I went into the portal and realized you need to press finalize and they don't automatically move you for review once all your stuff is in... so thats great. I am so mad.
Bruh, I've never understand that stuff like the whole process is so complicated and there are so many moving parts. It should be on the schools to standardize everything as much as possible.
 
Bruh, I've never understand that stuff like the whole process is so complicated and there are so many moving parts. It should be on the schools to standardize everything as much as possible.
tell me about it… I feel like a ******* but also albanys portal was so weird too. there’s so much to keep track of. Albany also doesn’t let you finalize until they’ve received everything so it wasn’t like other schools in which you can submit before things are accounted for.

needless to say, i’m mad at myself. but crossing fingers 😅
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What was the MMI interview format like? Were there actors and how many stations were there? Thank you!
Very low stress. No actors, so no roleplay. 6 Stations where you respond to the prompt (1-2 traditional questions) but otherwise they felt a lot simpler and more straightforward compared to the types of prompts you'd find online for practice. 🙂