Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmm, how did you react to that in the moment?Never know how to accurately assess an interview performance but they were certainly not conversational rather they were very robotic. Hopefully did well!
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hmm, how did you react to that in the moment?Never know how to accurately assess an interview performance but they were certainly not conversational rather they were very robotic. Hopefully did well!
Hmm, how did you react to that in the moment?
What made you think of robots?Never know how to accurately assess an interview performance but they were certainly not conversational rather they were very robotic. Hopefully did well!
I had one super conversational and one very robotic - trying my best not to overthink it now!!Never know how to accurately assess an interview performance but they were certainly not conversational rather they were very robotic. Hopefully did well!
So I interviewed at this school twice (last year and this year) and my interview experience last year, especially with the student interviewer, was similar. I felt it was "robotic" and they were asking questions with no actual follow-ups. However, this year my experience was a lot more conversational with both interviewers.Never know how to accurately assess an interview performance but they were certainly not conversational rather they were very robotic. Hopefully did well!
They still haven't offered anything per SDN members right? The delay is brutal.I’m designating November as ‘Baylor month’ because that’s all I will be thinking about until Turkey day.
Baylor holds admissions until last week of November. The first offers usually have been at the end thanksgiving weekend.They still haven't offered anything per SDN members right? The delay is brutal.
Ah okay. Such suspense with them! The nice thing about Baylor is the incredible acceptance rate post-II. Excited for those who've interviewed!Baylor holds admissions until last week of November. The first offers usually have been at the end thanksgiving weekend.
Is it really that high? From what I've seen, it's relatively the same as other texas schools.Ah okay. Such suspense with them! The nice thing about Baylor is the incredible acceptance rate post-II. Excited for those who've interviewed!
I think they told us to send it to the email address they gave us on interview day (it's different than their admissions email on the website).Do we send thank-you's to VIA email or directly to interviewers?
I sent mine directly to the interviewers bc I don’t believe they told us on interview day about the admissions email to send them to! But any way should be fine, I hope.Would it be incorrect to upload thank you letters to the portal? It allows you to upload thank you letters!
Whew, was thinking I was massively blanking out on something!I sent mine directly to the interviewers bc I don’t believe they told us on interview day about the admissions email to send them to! But any way should be fine, I hope.
After discussing with the spirits, my prediction is that on November 29th, the first prematch phone calls will be conducted.Baylor holds admissions until last week of November. The first offers usually have been at the end thanksgiving weekend.
Yeah honestly it probably doesn't matter anyways. I could be misremembering to about the admissions email, too.I sent mine directly to the interviewers bc I don’t believe they told us on interview day about the admissions email to send them to! But any way should be fine, I hope.
You're right. I just checked again and the 2021 data shows about a 43% post-II A rate for IS interviewees. It was the 2020 data that showed the rate to be near 55% that I was thinking of, but that was just one year.Is it really that high? From what I've seen, it's relatively the same as other texas schools.
I think even the 2021 sheet is outdated/not reflective of this year (since it would be for the 2020 cycle and not the 2021 cycle). Like it's showing McGovern is only interviewing 900 people, when last year they interviewed >1000 and I think this year they plan on interviewing like 1100. I wouldn't be surprised if post-II acceptance percentage was <40% for Baylor this year, especially considering they're interviewing 1050 this year and not 840-850.You're right. I just checked again and the 2021 data shows about a 43% post-II A rate for IS interviewees. It was the 2020 data that showed the rate to be near 55% that I was thinking of, but that was just one year.
i always wondered how that sheet worked for TMDSAS schools since we go by match. also, Baylor’s interview rate is higher than that for in-state since they interview so many more OOS students than other texas schools.I think even the 2021 sheet is outdated/not reflective of this year (since it would be for the 2020 cycle and not the 2021 cycle). Like it's showing McGovern is only interviewing 900 people, when last year they interviewed >1000 and I think this year they plan on interviewing like 1100. I wouldn't be surprised if post-II acceptance percentage was <40% for Baylor this year, especially considering they're interviewing 1050 this year and not 840-850.
literally every current student at the Baylor interview told me that they didn’t prematch, interviewed early and matched in March.Does anyone know if Baylor's waves are rolling? For example, in the November wave they are accepting those who interviewed earlier etc? Or have yall also heard of people who interviewed earlier, didn't pre-match, but matched in March?
They said at my interview day they want to send about 100 prematch offers this year because of the larger class size than in years past.literally every current student at the Baylor interview told me that they didn’t prematch, interviewed early and matched in March.
Only like 70-80 kids are pre matching at Baylor, the rest will all be admitted on match day.
In your opinion do you think baylor will have a lower yield given the temple campus and lose more to other texas schools?3. In the match, they lose 20 people to UTSW, Dell and my favorite this year based the popularity - McGovern and find 40 more from all the different rounds to fill all the seats.
I expect lower yield just because they are not accepting preference before admissions. Students who are specific about going to only Houston campus or else they want to pick another school will have to play the lottery and if they have choices the yield will be lower.In your opinion do you think baylor will have a lower yield given the temple campus and lose more to other texas schools?
Absolutely love to see it! Knew it wasn't too late for you!OMG II today!!! Stats in signature.
In case you don't remember, I was the silly butt who forgot to send Casper scores so my secondary wasn't completed until 10/28 or something.
Yeah, I was the silly fool who wrote “I’m really excited to go to X school” on all my Texas applications. Guess Baylor is more forgiving than the rest.OMG II today!!! Stats in signature.
In case you don't remember, I was the silly butt who forgot to send Casper scores so my secondary wasn't completed until 10/28 or something.
what dates for interview?OMG II today!!! Stats in signature.
In case you don't remember, I was the silly butt who forgot to send Casper scores so my secondary wasn't completed until 10/28 or something.
There was only one interview date open so they're prob getting close to the end.Do we think this is the last round of Baylor II's?
I dont think they are ending the interviews in December. They are just trying to fill only that date.There was only one interview date open so they're prob getting close to the end.
@texasvandy Only one, Dec 9th
No, you're right. I went back a few pages and someone in an earlier post mentioned 2 dates in January.I dont think they are ending the interviews in December. They are just trying to fill only that date.
Based on @chicandtoughness the interview dates for January are not being filled yet.Do we think this is the last round of Baylor II's?
Congrats to TXEX!!! Loving the positivity!II today! Yay! See some of you guys Dec 9 🙂
That's good of them! We've all done silly things like that, & I'm glad it didn't hold you back at Baylor!Yeah, I was the silly fool who wrote “I’m really excited to go to X school” on all my Texas applications. Guess Baylor is more forgiving than the rest.
Legendary. Most real application in the history of medical schoolYeah, I was the silly fool who wrote “I’m really excited to go to X school” on all my Texas applications. Guess Baylor is more forgiving than the rest.
Post interview the answer seems to be no, but you can send a letter of intentDoes Baylor accept update letters post interview?
Congratulations @beansncheese!Just got a call from Dr. Vallejo - pre-matched at Baylor!!!! Yay!!!!
Congratulations!! What date did you interview?Just got a call from Dr. Vallejo - pre-matched at Baylor!!!! Yay!!!!
Thank you! I interviewed 9/30 🙂 I should also add that I was offered some ~money~ which may be why I received a call instead of an email notification? They told me the offer would appear on my portal later.Congratulations!! What date did you interview?
Historically (lol only last year) it seems like Baylor makes calls for all prematches. Congrats on the acceptance and the hard cash! You’re gonna be an amazing doctor I’m sure!Thank you! I interviewed 9/30 🙂 I should also add that I was offered some ~money~ which may be why I received a call instead of an email notification? They told me the offer would appear on my portal later.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.