You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Baylor
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
WAMCthrowaway
Full Member
Am I out of luck if I haven't gotten an interview from Baylor, but I prematched with UTSW, UTMB, and LSU? When should I count out my interview chance?
Definitely not out of the running yet. On that note, you’ve received a UTMB prematch?
Right, we have not seen any UTMB prematches so far.Definitely not out of the running yet. On that note, you’ve received a UTMB prematch?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted760686
for anyone who’s visited the temple campus, could you talk a little bit about the facilities? like do they have a library, student study spaces, lecture halls amenities, etc? also, is there a separate building from the hospital? i couldn’t find this info on their website so i figured some of you may know!
A little far out but I'm planning to visit in January. I'll provide an update for y'all.for anyone who’s visited the temple campus, could you talk a little bit about the facilities? like do they have a library, student study spaces, lecture halls amenities, etc? also, is there a separate building from the hospital? i couldn’t find this info on their website so i figured some of you may know!
They have a library that’s small but with a good selection of study locations and private rooms. There was a PCCM fellow that our tour guide introduced us to who was studying there along with a few others. Below the library, there are several lecture halls. There’s a dedicated med school building on the edge of campus that is currently being renovated for the BCMTemple opening. Floor one is all we got to see but it looks reasonably updated and they indicated that they will model floors 2 + 3 off the collaborative spaces available at the other campus (I.e. prn spaces and open collab learning). They talked a lot about the simulation capabilities available for medical education in temple. Apparently they have a decent suite of simulators for teaching at both the hospital and off campus at temple college. Parking was incredibly easy (f r e e) and the walk from the hospital to the med school bldg is like 2 minutes. I’m happy to answer any other questions about it if I left anything out that you’d like to know.for anyone who’s visited the temple campus, could you talk a little bit about the facilities? like do they have a library, student study spaces, lecture halls amenities, etc? also, is there a separate building from the hospital? i couldn’t find this info on their website so i figured some of you may know!
D
deleted760686
Thank you for the response! Are the lecture halls and library in the dedicated med school building? Also, did they mention if the renovations would be complete by fall 2023?They have a library that’s small but with a good selection of study locations and private rooms. There was a PCCM fellow that our tour guide introduced us to who was studying there along with a few others. Below the library, there are several lecture halls. There’s a dedicated med school building on the edge of campus that is currently being renovated for the BCMTemple opening. Floor one is all we got to see but it looks reasonably updated and they indicated that they will model floors 2 + 3 off the collaborative spaces available at the other campus (I.e. prn spaces and open collab learning). They talked a lot about the simulation capabilities available for medical education in temple. Apparently they have a decent suite of simulators for teaching at both the hospital and off campus at temple college. Parking was incredibly easy (f r e e) and the walk from the hospital to the med school bldg is like 2 minutes. I’m happy to answer any other questions about it if I left anything out that you’d like to know.
I assume the renovations will be completed, as they said it was for the incoming class, but I don't know for sure. Someone who interviews in Jan can probably ask about the progress. The library and lecture halls are in a building attached to the hospital, separate from the med school bldg. I forget what it’s called but it is away from the clinical areas of the hospitalThank you for the response! Are the lecture halls and library in the dedicated med school building? Also, did they mention if the renovations would be complete by fall 2023?
Cynical Potato
New Member
Do all interviewees receive the opportunity to attend open house?
D
deleted1106377
YesDo all interviewees receive the opportunity to attend open house?
D
deleted1139705
Are they done sending II? Also, side question, how boned am I if I put "I am excited to go to X school" in an TMDSAS essay on accident (copy and pasting from an AMCAS secondary, oops)? 'Cause I've got IIs from 3 T20s and 0 IIs from any Texas school. Crazy that they're so unforgiving although, granted, I did screw up.
WAMCthrowaway
Full Member
Are they done sending II? Also, side question, how boned am I if I put "I am excited to go to X school" in an TMDSAS essay on accident (copy and pasting from an AMCAS secondary, oops)? 'Cause I've got IIs from 3 T20s and 0 IIs from any Texas school. Crazy that they're so unforgiving although, granted, I did screw up.
Pretty big oversight, but nothing can be done now…
D
deleted1144871
If you tell them explicitly that "I want to go to Michigan" or whatever, I don't think not sending an II is them being unforgiving... There are plenty of applicants that don't make that mistake...Are they done sending II? Also, side question, how boned am I if I put "I am excited to go to X school" in an TMDSAS essay on accident (copy and pasting from an AMCAS secondary, oops)? 'Cause I've got IIs from 3 T20s and 0 IIs from any Texas school. Crazy that they're so unforgiving although, granted, I did screw up.
But at the same time I feel for you; that's just a split second error. Hopefully you'll end up at one of those T20s so it won't matter anyways!
D
deleted1139705
Nah I just wrote X. Lmao guess that could be my X factor.If you tell them explicitly that "I want to go to Michigan" or whatever, I don't think not sending an II is them being unforgiving... There are plenty of applicants that don't make that mistake...
But at the same time I feel for you; that's just a split second error. Hopefully you'll end up at one of those T20s so it won't matter anyways!
D
deleted760686
that really doesn’t seem to be a bad mistake… it could be interpreted as a placeholder for the school that’s reading your app.Nah I just wrote X. Lmao guess that could be my X factor.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1144871
I don’t think you’re not getting II’s because of that, thenNah I just wrote X. Lmao guess that could be my X factor.
D
deleted1141314
For this interview, is it open or closed file? Like will they have read my application and also know my GPA/mcat?
Open but blind to MCAT and GPA. Can see primary, activities, secondary, and LORsFor this interview, is it open or closed file? Like will they have read my application and also know my GPA/mcat?
I'm so sorry this happened to you. Those essays get to be rather exhausting, so I can empathize with such a mistake being made. I hope they're not counting it against you. I felt like I quadruple checked everything from day one of filling out the TMDSAS and AMCAS primaries, and still found a typo or two in secondary essays I'd already submitted.Are they done sending II? Also, side question, how boned am I if I put "I am excited to go to X school" in an TMDSAS essay on accident (copy and pasting from an AMCAS secondary, oops)? 'Cause I've got IIs from 3 T20s and 0 IIs from any Texas school. Crazy that they're so unforgiving although, granted, I did screw up.
Keep your head up and let's get ready to celebrate when that first A comes in!
I made the mistake of repeating myself in the special experience portion of the secondary. While, I did expand on the experience as well, I cant help but wonder how much it'll influence my chances.Are they done sending II? Also, side question, how boned am I if I put "I am excited to go to X school" in an TMDSAS essay on accident (copy and pasting from an AMCAS secondary, oops)? 'Cause I've got IIs from 3 T20s and 0 IIs from any Texas school. Crazy that they're so unforgiving although, granted, I did screw up.
I feel like the biggest *******.
I swore I had sent my Casper scores to Baylor.
My debit card I had used to charge the extra amount had declined the transaction, but I somehow didn't get notification of that.
Checked my portal today and noticed my application has been incomplete this entire time even though I submitted my secondary on 8/19.
The biggest #FEELSBAD ever 😢
Goodbye BCM, I never knew ye.
I swore I had sent my Casper scores to Baylor.
My debit card I had used to charge the extra amount had declined the transaction, but I somehow didn't get notification of that.
Checked my portal today and noticed my application has been incomplete this entire time even though I submitted my secondary on 8/19.
The biggest #FEELSBAD ever 😢
Goodbye BCM, I never knew ye.
WAMCthrowaway
Full Member
I feel like the biggest *******.
I swore I had sent my Casper scores to Baylor.
My debit card I had used to charge the extra amount had declined the transaction, but I somehow didn't get notification of that.
Checked my portal today and noticed my application has been incomplete this entire time even though I submitted my secondary on 8/19.
The biggest #FEELSBAD ever 😢
Goodbye BCM, I never knew ye.
feels bad man im sorry
D
deleted1144871
You should submit now! The deadline is Nov 1, and at this point it's just a $15 casper fee for a chanceI feel like the biggest *******.
I swore I had sent my Casper scores to Baylor.
My debit card I had used to charge the extra amount had declined the transaction, but I somehow didn't get notification of that.
Checked my portal today and noticed my application has been incomplete this entire time even though I submitted my secondary on 8/19.
The biggest #FEELSBAD ever 😢
Goodbye BCM, I never knew ye.
I submitted as soon as I realized, but I figure it's late enough in the cycle that I probably won't get an II :')You should submit now! The deadline is Nov 1, and at this point it's just a $15 casper fee for a chance
To give a bit of objectively-based hope...my friend who took Baylor's post interview anonymous feedback survey noted that they'll be interviewing applicants on Nov 4th, Dec 2nd, Dec 9th, Jan 6th, and Jan 20th.Is Baylor done sending II?
She and I reviewed the past year's (and this year's) # of days between IIs and the actual interview dates, and we concluded it was usually about a 30-days-in-advance type of deal.
Moreover, the II release batches that went out after this date last year included: Nov 4th, Nov 16th, and Dec 9th.
There is still some space/time to be invited, particularly if you applied later in the cycle. I'm crossing fingers for an II release batch on Nov 2nd. 🙂
snowman888
Full Member
II!! LM 80.6, complete early July, OOS with no ties.
Congrats !!!II!! LM 80.6, complete early July, OOS with no ties.
D
deleted1132724
Can anyone who has already interviewed shed some light on the vibe of their interview? My last few have been very conversational so I don't want to be underprepared for this one.
D
deleted1144871
It depends on your faculty. One of mine was very relaxed and conversational, the other asked me questions from a list she had prepared and then grilled me for 15 minutes about "why baylor." I liked the intense interviewer more, weirdly enough. I think our personalities were so opposite that we meshed.Can anyone who has already interviewed shed some light on the vibe of their interview? My last few have been very conversational so I don't want to be underprepared for this one.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1132724
Thanks a bunch! If you don't mind me asking, how heavily did you prep for this interview?It depends on your faculty. One of mine was very relaxed and conversational, the other asked me questions from a list she had prepared and then grilled me for 15 minutes about "why baylor." I liked the intense interviewer more, weirdly enough. I think our personalities were so opposite that we meshed.
D
deleted1141314
For me, both interviews were very conversational and both my interviewers were super nice people. One of my more chill interviews for sure.Can anyone who has already interviewed shed some light on the vibe of their interview? My last few have been very conversational so I don't want to be underprepared for this one.
D
deleted1144871
Not at all. I live across the street from Baylor and work with their faculty often in my research, so I already knew a lot about the school.Thanks a bunch! If you don't mind me asking, how heavily did you prep for this interview?
Very very chill interview for me. I would say it was my best experience by far. The interviewers really just focused on getting to know me, they did have questions they HAD to ask but kinda glossed over them and just talked to me about my life. Both interviewers were from temple for me though so not sure how houston faculty would’ve interviewedCan anyone who has already interviewed shed some light on the vibe of their interview? My last few have been very conversational so I don't want to be underprepared for this one.
It bears repeating. The interviews depend on the interviewers and not the school. An interviewer can go in any direction and interviewees should be prepared for any kind of interview.
Make sure you read your application, your secondary and be prepared to answer questions about anything that you have mentioned. If someone wants to talk about doing laps in the ocean because you are a swimmer be prepared to discuss.
Make sure you read your application, your secondary and be prepared to answer questions about anything that you have mentioned. If someone wants to talk about doing laps in the ocean because you are a swimmer be prepared to discuss.
My first interviewer was very friendly and laid back and mostly asked me about my life experiences since those were a big part of my application. The second interviewer was nice, but he asked me a few questions that came off as very condescending and patronizing. I definitely don't think this is the norm though. It was still a good time and the students were all super friendly. It was not my favorite interview experience, but it was certainly not bad and I got a good impression of the school overall. I had plenty of time to ask questions to both interviewers so make sure you are prepared for that!
The former. The directors will go over some commonly asked questions from the pre-interview form and answer any live questions. You should also get time with just current students to ask them questions. A lot less stressful than a group interview lol (I thought the same)!For those interviewing for MSTP, what is the small group session with the directors? Is it just an opportunity to speak with them/ask questions or is it more like a group interview?
Ah thank you so much! Was definitely stressing that it might be a group interview lolThe former. The directors will go over some commonly asked questions from the pre-interview form and answer any live questions. You should also get time with just current students to ask them questions. A lot less stressful than a group interview lol (I thought the same)!
blueboy847
New Member
Wonder when Baylor will send more II's.
D
deleted760686
Where are y'all planning on putting Baylor on your rank list? Just curious!
D
deleted1141314
I'm torn between 1 & 2!Where are y'all planning on putting Baylor on your rank list? Just curious!
Right now it's firmly in 1st spot. I never expected an interview from Baylor and it's my only II from a top Texas school so I'm crossing my fingers so hard for that AWhere are y'all planning on putting Baylor on your rank list? Just curious!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The email went to my spam, but if you don't see it there I would contact the school tomorrow morning.For those of you interviewing tomorrow (or if you have already interviewed), do you know where the link to the zoom for the interview day is? I don't see it in the portal or in the email.
Panda765
Full Member
Thanks so much! The email was also in my spam.The email went to my spam, but if you don't see it there I would contact the school tomorrow morning.
D
deleted1132724
Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow! We got this!
D
deleted1132724
Never know how to accurately assess an interview performance but they were certainly not conversational rather they were very robotic. Hopefully did well!