2022-2023 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mine pretty much did. There were breaks between the mandatory/optional sessions but if your interview is later in the afternoon… especially depending on your time zone… it can be a long day.
Mine is early morning 9 am so what’s the day looking like after the mandatory session? I think last one is at noon, the student panel so what’s after that?

Members don't see this ad.

Mine is early morning 9 am so what’s the day looking like after the mandatory session? I think last one is at noon, the student panel so what’s after that?
Oh there was a lunchtime chat, and then a campus tour later on. That‘s all I can remember

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got an II will be declining. Hope it goes to one of you! Good luck!

Just interviewed today. My interviewers didn't ask too many personal hobby questions and asked mostly these questions:
1. Why Osteopathic Medicine
2. Why Burrell
3. Why do you think people are against the COVID vaccine
4. What are your weaknesses
5. What sort of minority group did you work with and what did you gain from it?
6. Any questions for us?

They never really asked about my hobbies and what I do to cope, and I am worried I sounded too much like a medicine robot person :(

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Just interviewed today. My interviewers didn't ask too many personal hobby questions and asked mostly these questions:
2. Why Burrell
6. Any questions for us?

They never really asked about my hobbies and what I do to cope, and I am worried I sounded too much like a medicine robot person :(
I interviewed today as well. They apparently only give the interviewers your secondary and personal statement which takes the personalization aspect out of the interview. I felt like a robot too so you’re definitely not alone :/

I interviewed today as well. They apparently only give the interviewers your secondary and personal statement which takes the personalization aspect out of the interview. I felt like a robot too so you’re definitely not alone :/
Thanks for making me feel a little better. I just thought I royally screwed up because one of the students at Burrell today mentioned that in her interview she talked about her self care routine and her hobbies and I just never got to talk to them about it at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for making me feel a little better. I just thought I royally screwed up because one of the students at Burrell today mentioned that in her interview she talked about her self care routine and her hobbies and I just never got to talk to them about it at all.
You're fine! I thought I did bad too because I also got asked the Covid vaccine question and some other random question. But I got the A and have until Feb 7th to pay the deposit. You'll be alright. I sent emails to both my interviewers thanking them and what not, so not a bad idea to send those.

2. Why Burrell
6. Any questions for us?

I also interviewed today and felt like I did a rough job. I didn't get asked the same questions as you (only the first two were the same). I felt like one of the interviewers liked me and one didn't really care for what I had to say. Also not many personal style questions. I'm kinda worried but I'm sure we both did fine!

Reactions: 1 users
I also interviewed today and felt like I did a rough job. I didn't get asked the same questions as you (only the first two were the same). I felt like one of the interviewers liked me and one didn't really care for what I had to say. Also not many personal style questions. I'm kinda worried but I'm sure we both did fine!
As long as you were confident in your answers, presented yourself well and had a conversation especially towards the end you're good. If you stood there and never smiled once or chuckled then I'd be worried. Nah in all seriousness though, I hope the best for you.

As long as you were confident in your answers, presented yourself well and had a conversation especially towards the end you're good. If you stood there and never smiled once or chuckled then I'd be worried. Nah in all seriousness though, I hope the best for you.
Thanks! We had a decent conversation at the end. They said they get around 5000 apps, interview approx 700 for 200 seats so at least we're almost there! Congrats on the A btw!

Thanks! We had a decent conversation at the end. They said they get around 5000 apps, interview approx 700 for 200 seats so at least we're almost there! Congrats on the A btw!
but don't worry! the waitlist moves really quick because alot of people drop their A. i'm a current student!

How long do they give you to submit the matriculation deposit post-acceptance?

You're fine! I thought I did bad too because I also got asked the Covid vaccine question and some other random question. But I got the A and have until Feb 7th to pay the deposit. You'll be alright. I sent emails to both my interviewers thanking them and what not, so not a bad idea to send those.
Sweet thanks! I sent the admissions an email for my thank you because when I had asked my interviewers what was the best way to email them they told me admissions would forward them my email!

Sweet thanks! I sent the admissions an email for my thank you because when I had asked my interviewers what was the best way to email them they told me admissions would forward them my email!
Haha yeah i sent my thank you letters as well, but my interviewers told me to look them up in the staff directory and email them directly. I guess it just depends on the person

just received an interview invite!

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone received an email stating "your application continues to be under review"? if so, has it resulted in an II?

N=1 but that was probably one of my hardest interviews so far. I'm not sure if it's just me but I had both interviewers that were bad cops and put in multiple stress situations/questions. I answered all of their questions but each answer gave them deeper questions to ask me. It didn't seem like a conversation but more like a grilling process. They didn't even ask me who I was either which ruined the mood for me to fully express who I am.

Last edited:
N=1 but that was probably one of my hardest interviews so far. I'm not sure if it's just me but I had both interviewers that were bad cops and put in multiple stress situations/questions. I answered all of their questions but each answer gave them deeper questions to ask me. It didn't seem like a conversation but more like a grilling process. They didn't even ask me who I was either which ruined the mood for me to fully express who I am.
Weird, they started by asking me about myself but then started grilling me.

Withdrew my II from here, hoping it goes to one of you still waiting!

Withdrawing my Acceptance, attending an in-state school instead. Hope it goes to one of y'all!!

Is the interview day very long / a whole day process?
You typically get two hour breaks between the mandatory sessions. Also depends on when your individual interview is scheduled for (some are much earlier in the day and some are much later like close to 3:30 PM)

Meee! How did your interview go?
It was very strange. One of the faculty made me feel like I should focus on my first choice medical school, as if I made it seem Burrell is beneath me, or something. The other faculty, however, was more interested in the uniqueness I would bring to the institution. If I had to guess, I won't even be waitlisted.

• Wow
Have any waitlisted people received an acceptance this cycle? If so, how long did it take them to send an acceptance after being waitlisted?

It was very strange. One of the faculty made me feel like I should focus on my first choice medical school, as if I made it seem Burrell is beneath me, or something. The other faculty, however, was more interested in the uniqueness I would bring to the institution. If I had to guess, I won't even be waitlisted.
I agree with you. It seemed like the school wanted me to consider schools in my state rather than their school, which to me didn't make sense since they accept the majority of students OOS.

• Hmm
I agree with you. It seemed like the school wanted me to consider schools in my state rather than their school, which to me didn't make sense since they accept the majority of students OOS.
Sounds like we may have had the same faculty interviewer(s). Not a good look for Burrell, tbh.