2022-2023 California Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for those of you who have interviewed here, were you asked "what are you short term and long term goals and how can CHSU help you achieve those goals?"
I also was not asked this.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol its 2-3 hours away for me and I prob won't..

Reactions: 1 user
So apparently that is in-person on Sept. 24. Are y'all going? Think it affects the application if we decline.
It's not related to your application. They have info nights like this periodically throughout the year. I went to a few of them before the cycle even started (I live in the area), but it's just an informational event open to the general public where you can check out the campus, talk to current students, etc. They send an email about it to anyone on their mailing list.

Reactions: 1 users
Just fyi for people asking about the info sessions, the admissions had said they were more for people interested in the school who were considering applying there, not necessarily for people already in the middle of the application season. It's more general to the school she had said so take that into consideration when thinking about making a far drive or plane ride.

Reactions: 2 users
And I thought waiting for MCAT results was stress inducing.

Was just marked complete, anyone know the turnaround from being complete to II?

i submitted secondary 8/14 and got complete 8/15. nothing after that

Members don't see this ad :)
Today was the last round of the first set of interviews right? Hopefully we’ll hear decisions soon 🥲the anxiety is killing me!

Reactions: 3 users
I will say the interview overall was pretty chill and hopefully these two weeks go by quick

If I don't get the invite the day after the complete email, does that likely mean no? That seemed to be the trend for the last batch of invites.
I hope not bc then that means no II for me lol

Does anyone know if we don’t get an II the day after being complete if we’re SOL? Basing off last II trend

How did y'all prepare for your interview? I know everyone is saying that the interviews have been relaxed and not too stressful, but I've been stressing a lot during my interview prep because I am having difficulty trying to convey my thoughts. Any suggestions for how to approach this?

How did y'all prepare for your interview? I know everyone is saying that the interviews have been relaxed and not too stressful, but I've been stressing a lot during my interview prep because I am having difficulty trying to convey my thoughts. Any suggestions for how to approach this?
I honestly wouldn’t rehearse answers. It’s easier to get tripped up come interview day and if you lose your place you’ll have some trouble. I’d say just have some bullet point topics you’d want to cover and you’ll be fine. Try using bullet points for the answers you’re having trouble conveying. That might clear it up for you. Hope that helps! Try not to stress too much just be genuine.

I honestly wouldn’t rehearse answers. It’s easier to get tripped up come interview day and if you lose your place you’ll have some trouble. I’d say just have some bullet point topics you’d want to cover and you’ll be fine. Try using bullet points for the answers you’re having trouble conveying. That might clear it up for you. Hope that helps! Try not to stress too much just be genuine.
Thank you so much for the advice! I did exactly that, and now I feel much better about answering questions they might throw our way. Thank you all for being a supportive community here:)

Just wanted to say that I am an OMS-I here, yall might find me familiar from the previous year thread as I was pretty much spamming the thread for the last few months up to orientation.

You can ask me any questions here or PM me. Here for yall. <3

Hoping yall get into your top choice!!

Reactions: 6 users
This wait is absolutely killing me. Really hoping they let us know this week
Hahaha fr. I think we should find out by Tuesday at the latest? They did say we'll get a decision in 2 weeks, and on all the other previous year's threads ppl got their decision back either on or before the 2-week mark it seems.

Hahaha fr. I think we should find out by Tuesday at the latest? They did say we'll get a decision in 2 weeks, and on all the other previous year's threads ppl got their decision back either on or before the 2-week mark it seems.
I was part of the Wednesday group, so definitely hoping we get decisions by then. I've been picking up almost every random phone call hoping it was them. Alas the spam calls really be toying with me.

That email I just got about the biomedical program just gave me a heart attack.

That email I just got about the biomedical program just gave me a heart attack.
Your decision should be coming tomorrow! Good luck friend and I hope to hear some exciting news for you. Please let us know what time ya'll receive calls/emails for you Tuesday cohorts. Waiting until Wednesday seems like a month long for me lol the anxiety is real!

Your decision should be coming tomorrow! Good luck friend and I hope to hear some exciting news for you. Please let us know what time ya'll receive calls/emails for you Tuesday cohorts. Waiting until Wednesday seems like a month long for me lol the anxiety is real!
And to you as well!

Did anyone else get an "Interview Do's and Don'ts" email? I didn't even get an II from this school yet, so my heart dropped when I saw the title lol

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone else get an "Interview Do's and Don'ts" email? I didn't even get an II from this school yet, so my heart dropped when I saw the title lol
yup!! this school really likes to give me heart palpitations with their emails LOL

Yup second heart attack this school has given me in 24 hours lol

Saw the updates for this thread and immediately knew what it was about

It’s two weeks to the day for the first batch so we should be getting notified today! I was hoping by noon.

I just got accepted!!! I interviewed Wednesday!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Congrats to you all for your A’s. Anyone who interviewed 8/16 hear anything back?

• Love
For those of you that interviewed 08/23 hear anything back yet? I'm guessing 1 week is too soon

Just received the call!!! First choice, first II, first A. Truly honored.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I feel like they don’t reject they just send everyone to the waitlist. Last year they were still interviewing really late so I’m feeling pretty sad right now.