2022-2023 California Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can you take out federal loans for this school or just private loans?

Members don't see this ad.

For those who are WLed, don't loose hope. Continue to show interest and send updates/LOIs.

WL movement won't happen until mid May, and don't stress yourself out over it like I was (altho I know it won't stop you lol).

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Spoke to admissions and apparently there is a high volume of waitlist movement off the waitlist so no hope lost yet!

Reactions: 1 user
OOS. Application complete 07/30. Not a word. Does this mean no luck even for an II?

How long did it take to be complete after submitting secondary? Mine says app not complete yet so idk if I still need to do something else?

How long did it take to be complete after submitting secondary? Mine says app not complete yet so idk if I still need to do something else?

I submitted my secondary on 8/20 and they haven’t reviewed it for completion yet.

Got an email saying I was waitlisted just now. And feel a little bummed since I thought the interview went well.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who are WLed, don't loose hope. Continue to show interest and send updates/LOIs.

WL movement won't happen until mid May, and don't stress yourself out over it like I was (altho I know it won't stop you lol).
+1

Did this and eventually got the A. Took a bit, but I don't think I would've gotten in without making an effort to show interest.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
+1

Did this and eventually got the A. Took a bit, but I don't think I would've gotten in without making an effort to show interest.
@MW_Dude is my homie from SDN, #WLgangmadeit

+1

Hi, do you mind elaborating on what you mean by making an effort to show interest?? I’ve heard of letters of intent but I honestly don’t know what that is or what it means. I’m waitlisted and don’t really know what to do now besides wait. If there’s something i should be doing to increase my chances please let me know! First gen student here so super unaware of this process. Thanks!

Hi, do you mind elaborating on what you mean by making an effort to show interest?? I’ve heard of letters of intent but I honestly don’t know what that is or what it means. I’m waitlisted and don’t really know what to do now besides wait. If there’s something i should be doing to increase my chances please let me know! First gen student here so super unaware of this process. Thanks!
We both sent a letter of intent stating that this school is our top choice and we would accept the seat without any hesitation. We further explained our reasons why we are a good fit and/or how it's a good fit for us.

I sent two letters about 2 months apart I think closer to March/June.

Because it's still early for WL movement, I would continue doing their survey that you are interested in going here. I would wait to send a LOI yet, but someone can correct me on this.

Interviewing tomorrow! hope to see some of y'all there!

Reactions: 4 users
interview felt pretty relaxed! nice to see all y'all there!

Reactions: 1 users
+1 It was nice to meet everyone today :) Hoping for good news for all of us
+2 Very nice meeting you all! Definitely, a relaxed interview for them to get to know you. I much appreciated that aspect of it.

Loved their interview! The faculty member who interviewed me was so nice and down to earth ❤️ Hoping for the best!

Reactions: 3 users
For those we got accepted- how long after your interview did get the call?

II received, IS no ties to CV, complete 9/9. Didn't expect this email that fast and on a Sunday.

Received an II today. Has anyone been able to select an interview date? My portal isn’t showing any available interview date, was wondering if that’s just me?

How long did it take for you to be complete?
Around 2 weeks.

Received an II today. Has anyone been able to select an interview date? My portal isn’t showing any available interview date, was wondering if that’s just me?
I only saw spots in early Oct when I selected. Maybe check back on tomorrow to see if they will add more.

II received today. Supplemental application complete 8/22. In-state with strong ties to the central valley.

Same here. just opened the portal and it's a blank calendar.

interviewing tomorrow! anyone out here interviewing as well?

Does anyone know if the traditional interview is open or closed file?

The interview was super chill and conversational like everyone else mentioned.

If you even do basic interview prep you will be well equipped. Just go with the flow.

Hi friends, how are you formating the thank you letter? They mentioned that we need to send it via the CHSUadmissiions email

About what time do A calls happen?

hopefully some more decisions roll out today for the 9/6 & 9/7 interview day!! fingers crossed.

Guess we going to have to wait until tomorrow!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the call, accepted!!! Wishing everyone the best! :)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users