2022-2023 Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats!!! Can I ask what your stats are?
OOS ~3.2cgpa ~3.7 postbac ~3.7grad 512 A cup
Congrats!! What dates are they scheduling to for IIs??
I saw dates for Wednesdays and Fridays, this Friday, next week Wednesday and Friday, and the next week both Wednesday and Friday. I don't think they offered me any other dates since there weren't any in other months. It seems they'll only give you the options of dates the two weeks right after your invite, as I had a friend who only saw September invites when they were invited in September. Said there weren't any Oct dates offered to him then. Good luck! You got this!

Members don't see this ad.

OOS ~3.2cgpa ~3.7 postbac ~3.7grad 512 A cup

I saw dates for Wednesdays and Fridays, this Friday, next week Wednesday and Friday, and the next week both Wednesday and Friday. I don't think they offered me any other dates since there weren't any in other months. It seems they'll only give you the options of dates the two weeks right after your invite, as I had a friend who only saw September invites when they were invited in September. Said there weren't any Oct dates offered to him then. Good luck! You got this!
The A cup kills me every time

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
lucky enough to get the A. Thank you for the opportunity Colorado!

This place hits a little closer. I grew up not too far away from this campus.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
lucky enough to get the A. Thank you for the opportunity Colorado!

This place hits a little closer. I grew up not too far away from this campus.
When did you interview?
(friggin congratulations)

Reactions: 1 users
Post-II R received (interviewed 09/16)

IS, 3.88/519, traditional applicant

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Post-II R. I'm really disappointed.

Non Trad, ORM, 3.8 gpa, 520 MCAT, 1000s of clinical hours, 1000s of hours of research, LOR from 5 faculty WITHIN THE INSTITUTION. 4 of them were MDs saying they would love to work with me in the future.

I made my application FOR this school... I wanted to go here so badly, and my heart is broken.

I've given this campus literal thousands of hours of my time... More than I got paid to do that's for sure.

For those of you looking at this thread, I wanted to provide the following:

My interview was not perfect. I was rusty and since I'm not Trad, I was not as practiced as some of my younger colleagues when talking about academics... But I have high level clinical conversations at work every day.

I feel that in the interview, I had very few chances to promote myself. Perhaps only one. Instead had to answer seemingly loaded questions.

Obviously I'm super emotional right now, but I truly felt like they wanted me to fit in a box.

So much for holistic review. Not sure what else I could've done.

Good luck to everyone still fighting!!!

• Care
Reactions: 41 users
Post II R, interviewed 9/16, good luck to everyone still with shots

Reactions: 2 users

Non Trad, ORM, 3.8 gpa, 520 MCAT, 1000s of clinical hours, 1000s of hours of research, LOR from 5 faculty WITHIN THE INSTITUTION. 4 of them were MDs saying they would love to work with me in the future.

I made my application FOR this school... I wanted to go here so badly, and my heart is broken.

I've given this campus literal thousands of hours of my time... More than I got paid to do that's for sure.

My interview was not perfect. I was rusty and since I'm not Trad, I was not as practiced as some of my younger colleagues when talking about academics... But I have high level clinical conversations at work every day.

I feel that in the interview, I had very few chances to promote myself. Perhaps only one. Instead had to answer seemingly loaded questions.

Obviously I'm super emotional right now, but I truly felt like they wanted me to fit in a box.

you have incredibly amazing stats and I know this is very disappointing but you should be really proud of how far you've come! Keep going, you got this!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Alternative list from 9/14. Does anyone know how waitlist movement works?
I was also placed on the alternate list from the 9/16 group. Do they wait until the end of the cycle to take people off the waitlist usually? That's the only time I've seen people being accepted off the WL from previous years' threads.

Alternative list from 9/14.. I know it's not the news we wanted, but it's still a huge achievement to still be in the running guys :) keep your chins up.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was also placed on the alternate list from the 9/16 group. Do they wait until the end of the cycle to take people off the waitlist usually? That's the only time I've seen people being accepted off the WL from previous years' threads.
I think so, and from what I understand you can see your ranking/waitlist tier? I saw somewhere back that most people in the high tier ended up getting accepted but don’t quote me on that. Kinda hoping we’ll rank well since we’re early interviewees?

I think so, and from what I understand you can see your ranking/waitlist tier? I saw somewhere back that most people in the high tier ended up getting accepted but don’t quote me on that. Kinda hoping we’ll rank well since we’re early interviewees?
Do you know how you can see your ranking?

What do you mean by loaded questions? And why did you have to talk about academics? I’m sorry you’re going through this but chin up! This is a brutal process and I’m sure many schools would be lucky to have you!

I feel that in the interview, I had very few chances to promote myself. Perhaps only one.
1) You have killer stats and are going to be super competitive at every school you apply to.
2) I think this is the main downside of them switching the interview to a half day. Having only one 30 minute individual interview to prove yourself seems like high stakes.

Hey thank you. I deleted my other comment because I didn't want to take away from those who *literally* just had their dreams come true this week.

But you're right, a single 30 minute interview to showcase nearly a decade of work hardly seems fair - but I guess I had the same chance as everyone else.

Thank you and good luck.

1) You have killer stats and are going to be super competitive at every school you apply to.
2) I think this is the main downside of them switching the interview to a half day. Having only one 30 minute individual interview to prove yourself seems like high stakes.
Hey thank you. I deleted my other comment because I didn't want to take away from those who *literally* just had their dreams come true this week.

But you're right, a single 30 minute interview to showcase nearly a decade of work hardly seems fair - but I guess I had the same chance as everyone else.

Thank you and good luck.

Does anyone think that little "chat amongst yourselves" before the interview was being evaluated?

Does anyone think that little "chat amongst yourselves" before the interview was being evaluated?
I was wondering the same thing, I guess we will never know for sure but it is very possible

Hey, current MS1 (still in orientation) here. Just wanted to wish everyone good luck and answer any questions you might've had about last year's admissions process.

My first bit of info is that don't worry about the worry about hitting the word count on the "three pillars" question - I only went to half of the words last year and many of my peers did the same.
Hi and thank you for offering support! Any advice for the interview? :) Also have you heard feedback from anyone about the Fort Collins Branch and if they enjoy it? Thanks so much and congrats on starting your first year!

The group activity is definitely conversational. I got the impression the school is really interested in how you communicate, interact with the other interviewers, and your fit. I remember it being an enjoyable activity both cycles. For the group interview, it really is more of an interview, but it still is conversational, since you can address and build off of each others’ points. The faculty interview is much shorter and because of that feels less conversational (at least it did for me, but maybe the other MS1 had a different experience, since I’m sure it depends on the faculty member), but there are not any real tricks or traps. CU just really cares about how you communicate with and engage with others, and they are pretty big on fit.

Speaking of fit, what really stood out to me about CU (other than the campus community and the beauty of Colorado) is the new curriculum. A lot of schools talked about how unique their curriculum is, but CU’s approach really is. We have 1 year of pre-clinical, followed by a year of specifically LIC clerkships (which was a huge plus in my mind). We then return to the classroom for a semester of “advanced science” courses to fill in gaps and prepare for Step, followed by dedicated and 1.5 years of individually tailored curriculum. There were also a lot of nuances that seem super small, but showed me an intentionality that drew me in. For example, the parts of our curriculum are named after the parts of hiking a mountain in Colorado, and we start each week with a chief concern that we follow throughout the week in what we’re learning. I’m a big fan of our curriculum and love chatting about it.
Thank you so much for your help and insight :) Were there any interview questions that really tripped you up or surprised you?

Any thoughts on when the next round of decisions may go out for those who interviewed the week of 9/26? The wait never gets easier!

Thank you so much for your help and insight :) Were there any interview questions that really tripped you up or surprised you?
Not particularly! Although I would say that, during both cycles, it was pretty obvious that the interviewers had read my file based off of some of the more in-depth questions they asked, so make sure you know your app well.

Not particularly! Although I would say that, during both cycles, it was pretty obvious that the interviewers had read my file based off of some of the more in-depth questions they asked, so make sure you know your app well.
Just wanted to chime in— for my interview this cycle, all of the interviewers were blinded so it’s completely closed-file

Just wanted to chime in— for my interview this cycle, all of the interviewers were blinded so it’s completely closed-file
Oh interesting, seems like they’ve made some pretty big changes this cycle! Y’all are also having only two interview portions, right?

I've heard of this happening in other situations where the faculty making the decisions doesn't really like the faculty reccomending a student too... This is prob the best example I've seen recently of showing nothing guaranteed in this process...

Do you know how you can see your ranking?
I was top priority waitlist last year. I just checked my emails from last year, and I was placed on the alternate list on December 20 and informed of top-tier on April 8. I ultimately did not get accepted and heard that there were a lot of Top Priority candidates that also did not get the A. Pretty sure if you're not top tier, chances are slim.

Last edited:
Hi and thank you for offering support! Any advice for the interview? :) Also have you heard feedback from anyone about the Fort Collins Branch and if they enjoy it? Thanks so much and congrats on starting your first year!
I can't really speak much about the group interview because it may have changed but the questions for the individual interview were pretty standard. They've also increased the duration I believe so it'll much more personal.

I don't really talk to any of the Fort Collins people because except for 1-2 days of orientation, they're kinda always over there. They do seem to be having a great time, especially since the class is smaller/closer, but it's definitely a program where fit is critical

OOS Got the acceptance call earlier today. Interviewed 9/28. Finally accepted after 3 long cycles and I feel like I’m on top of the world 😭😭

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
How much you guys think the interview is weighted in terms of the rest of your application?

Last edited:
Just got the call with the A!! Interviewed the last week of September
Congratulations, what an incredible accomplishment 😊🎉 how confident did you feel your interview went? I interviewed recently and can’t stop picking apart everything I said and I’m just curious if those that have received acceptances felt similarly or had doubts?

Congratulations, what an incredible accomplishment 😊🎉 how confident did you feel your interview went? I interviewed recently and can’t stop picking apart everything I said and I’m just curious if those that have received acceptances felt similarly or had doubts?
I thought I bombed this interview because it was so “standardized” that my interviewers were reading the questions as a list and said they couldn’t ask any follow up questions. It was so structured I felt mega-awkward and got really nervous. But I got the A, so I guess don’t over-analyze too much?

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone who received an acceptance call on 10/29 received an email about logistics for the acceptance yet? I was honestly very hyper when I received the call and I forgot if they said we would receive the email the following day or tomorrow Monday.

Has anyone recently got a secondary or notified they were not offered a secondary? Or is it safe to assume by now if you have not received a secondary, you are rejected?

Has anyone who received an acceptance call on 10/29 received an email about logistics for the acceptance yet? I was honestly very hyper when I received the call and I forgot if they said we would receive the email the following day or tomorrow Monday.
Monday

Has anyone recently got a secondary or notified they were not offered a secondary? Or is it safe to assume by now if you have not received a secondary, you are rejected?
I submitted my primary in August, got my MCAT score on Sept 27, then received a secondary from Colorado on Sept 29. Hope this helps!

This is gonna sound dumb since this is a pre med forum, but does anyone know what the summer break dates were for an M1 during 2021-2022 cycle?

I thought I bombed this interview because it was so “standardized” that my interviewers were reading the questions as a list and said they couldn’t ask any follow up questions. It was so structured I felt mega-awkward and got really nervous. But I got the A, so I guess don’t over-analyze too much?
Thank you for sharing this, I felt similarly so thank you for helping tame my anxiety and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Has anyone heard back from the Rural Program? Or anyone who applied to the Rural Program and heard back from regular admissions?