2022-2023 Columbia (Vagelos)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for thank you letters, did you all email them to the admissions email or upload them into the "communications" tab on the portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you interview at Bassett do you also interview at Columbia?

For anyone who has interviewed Columbia already, how was it?
very close knit feel! i had only 11 people total in my Group (morning). Pretty much a fish tank where we chatted with current students (completely optional; you could turn your camera off to get food/eat). they pulled you out at times for the interviews (breakout room).
1-hour deans welcome and 1 hr. welcome with upperclassmen + virtual tour.
2 30 min interviews with adcom. interviewers are really kind and really got to know my application; they asked really introspective and thoughtful questions but it felt like a conversation rather than a standardized interview (didn't even notice when they asked the "why medicine" or "why Columbia" etc until reflecting later that day). it'll be a great time.

my favorite interview to date and dream school *fingers crossed*

Reactions: 2 users
II 10/25, complete mid-August

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
II today! OOS LM 81, applied MD only, complete mid-August ^_^

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone had any luck asking for interview dates not listed on the calendar? Based on the dates I'm seeing rn, I would have to do my interview from a hotel room I'm sharing with a couple of my colleagues, so not ideal lol

Has anyone had any luck asking for interview dates not listed on the calendar? Based on the dates I'm seeing rn, I would have to do my interview from a hotel room I'm sharing with a couple of my colleagues, so not ideal lol
Did one of mine in a car while friends were driving and was accepted to that school haha
Not as high stakes as Columbia tho

Reactions: 1 users
Just heard about a Bassett interview! OOS, WARS:104, and LM:80.40.

• Love
II a little bit ago!! So so so happy. Complete mid july

• Love
  • Care
II just now!!! WOAH woah woah!!! Complete 8/29!

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Is anyone else afraid if we interviewed early (September) and being forgotten come March :/

II this week! Some dates available in December and January

Has anyone who has got a Bassett interview spelled Bassett wrong (Basset) throughout their secondary? Or am I DOA?

Does anyone know what the grading system is at Columbia?

Last edited by a moderator:
Columbia II this morning, complete end of July! But no interview dates were available when I checked this morning.

Received II yesterday 12/6!! Submitted secondary 8/21.

Columbia II this morning, complete end of July! But no interview dates were available when I checked this morning.
I don't see any dates available dates either. Will check back to see when more open up.

Reactions: 1 user
Received II yesterday 12/6!! Submitted secondary 8/21.

I don't see any dates available dates either. Will check back to see when more open up.
I checked this morning: 1/18, 1/19, and 1/20 were available when I looked.

Reactions: 1 user