2022-2023 Columbia (Vagelos)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
everyone still waiting for an II:

cover3.jpg
I'm actually waiting on that elusive pre-II A. Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Just got the typical acknowledgement email for my thank you notes, 4 months after I sent them :unsure:

I just called their admissions office, and they are still sending out II's. Whoever said that their interview day was the last day --> screw you for the lies and undue anxiety.

• Inappropriate
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just called their admissions office, and they are still sending out II's. Whoever said that their interview day was the last day --> screw you for the lies and undue anxiety.
Yoo, there's really no need to say "screw you" to someone trying to help EASE applicants' anxiety and temper their expectations. I also interviewed last Friday, and one of the advisory deans said, "This is the last interview day that I am aware of." Perhaps the advisory dean was wrong, but it's really not necessary to chastise the above poster for trying to help. They weren't LYING, just sharing the piece of information they knew.

• Care
  • Dislike
Reactions: 27 users
Just got the typical acknowledgement email for my thank you notes, 4 months after I sent them :unsure:
Not sure it’s actually THAT typical. I’ve spoken to several VPS students who said only ~50% of their class got that email and others didn’t. Not sure if that means the email is actually significant, but I don’t think they send it to everyone (though a lot certainly get it).

Yoo, there's really no need to say "screw you" to someone trying to help EASE applicants' anxiety and temper their expectations. I also interviewed last Friday, and one of the advisory deans said, "This is the last interview day that I am aware of." Perhaps the advisory dean was wrong, but it's really not necessary to chastise the above poster for trying to help. They weren't LYING, just sharing the piece of information they knew.

Dr premedvibess js giving crazy vibes

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
So are you saying 1/2 of the accepted class got the email and half didn’t? If so then the email probably means nothing I assume.
Maybe, but it also makes you wonder how they choose who gets the email and who doesn’t, especially with the strong wording in it. It’s possible that plenty more people get the email, get in, and then go somewhere else. Also possible some people get the email and don’t get in lol, can’t say for sure.

Regardless, hoping for the best for everyone here!

I was reading that not everyone got their holiday email even if they interviewed before jan 1. But the people who got the email got in lol this is all silly but people get desperate trying to read into things.
There's stuff like this on every thread for years and I don't think it's been right once. Just for example go look at the current Stanford thread LOL.

There's stuff like this on every thread for years and I don't think it's been right once. Just for example go look at the current Stanford thread LOL.
ye for real, literally doesn't matter. Not like if you have any additional insights (even if they are true) is gonna change the outcome. Those who will be accepted will be accepted.

Is there any way to get Columbia's attention for an II at this point??
(I sent a letter of interest w/updates 2 weeks ago)

Last edited:
  • Hmm
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there any way to know how many II's they sent out so far? I didn't see anything on their website. Thanks

Reactions: 1 user
Is it too late to send an LOI at this point? Or is the timing still OK?
depends, pre-II or post-Interview LOI?

their website says the stop sending II in Jan... idk if that means today is the last day. I'm hoping they're running behind and still have the last batch of II to send out, but prob not :(

Was it immediately after or some time after because I did not receive one yet? Is it best bet to email as well?
I got it like 2 days after. Not sure what you should do tbh. I would assume it doesn't hurt to email.

Reactions: 1 user
So...should I withdraw? cant be rejected from a school if we dont give them the chance

Reactions: 10 users
Has anyone heard any additional information about a potential decision date? Based off past years seems like it will be right around 3/1 but was curious if anyone knew more.

Reactions: 2 users
Pre II R, "we will not be able to act favorably on your application" I'm dead :lol:

Reactions: 1 users
have been consistently getting my R about 30 minutes after it’s first reported on SDN 😂

Pre-II R this morning--easily the nicest rejection email I've gotten so far lol