2022-2023 Columbia (Vagelos)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What time did you check? I looked at 7am and 11am EST and didn't see anything either time:/
Neither did I, but they said they'll post new times daily so I guess I'll keep checking back

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
eeeeeeeeeeeeep just received an II, OOS, complete 7/28! only interview date available was 12/16 so imma wait till Jan lol

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users
eeeeeeeeeeeeep just received an II, OOS, complete 7/28! only interview date available was 12/16 so imma wait till Jan lol
I just checked and there were January dates available for me! 1/17 was the only one I saw available

Members don't see this ad :)
I just checked and there were January dates available for me! 1/17 was the only one I saw available
wait lol it's so quick because i just checked now and no dates are available! well, it's good to know it's constantly being updated! :)

Does anyone know if they accept pre-II update letters?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have a mini heart attack with their ADCOM holiday email? lol :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has everyone here already taken orgo 2? This seems to be the only school I've interviewed with which requires the course, unfortunately.

Im sorry if this is against rules since I'm new here but can I talk to anyone on here about their app? Im applying next cycle

Has everyone here already taken orgo 2? This seems to be the only school I've interviewed with which requires the course, unfortunately.
yes I feel like orgo 2 is pretty standard for pre-med, even if schools don't require it.

OOS II today! 😭😭😭
Complete mid-August, interviews being scheduled for mid-January

In summary, life is crazy.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 18 users
Does anyone know if Columbia is receptive to LOI's post-interview? Or should LOIs only be sent if waitlisted?

I received this today, a few days after my interview:

"Dear _______,

Thank you very much for your notes. We enjoyed welcoming you on your interview day and Dr. _________ enjoyed their interview with you. I appreciate the enthusiasm for VP&S that you have expressed. It is a very special place.

Although it is too soon to know definitely how things will go this year, I can assure you that the Admissions Committee will keep you very strongly in mind. If you have any further updates for the Committee, please upload them directly to the Secondary Application. -Dean Armstrong-Coben"

Did anyone else also receive an email like this? I really enjoyed my interview with Dr. _____ and am unsure if this email was because of things he/she said from my interview.

"Dear _______,

Thank you very much for your notes. We enjoyed welcoming you on your interview day and Dr. _________ enjoyed their interview with you. I appreciate the enthusiasm for VP&S that you have expressed. It is a very special place.

Although it is too soon to know definitely how things will go this year, I can assure you that the Admissions Committee will keep you very strongly in mind. If you have any further updates for the Committee, please upload them directly to the Secondary Application. -Dean Armstrong-Coben"

Did anyone else also receive an email like this? I really enjoyed my interview with Dr. _____ and am unsure if this email was because of things he/she said from my interview.
I believe that's the standard response to a thank you note uploaded to the portal. I had a similar email.

Reactions: 2 users
I believe that's the standard response to a thank you note uploaded to the portal. I had a similar email.
Gotcha, I was curious because I hadn't sent any thank you notes or emails but I was planning to this week

"Dear _______,

I received the exact same email :’) I guess it’s the standard response

"Dear _______,

Like other peeps mentioned, I think this is supposedly a standard email response after you upload thank you notes to the applicant portal. But it’s kind of weird that you received it without doing so. Also was the name of only one of your interviewers listed? Usually both Drs. names are there

For those who uploaded thank you letters to the portal: are you supposed to send 2 separate ones to each interviewer, or address the adcom generally in one letter? (yikes so sorry if this is the dumbest question on this thread, I usually email my interviewers directly so im kinda confused how people do this lol)

Last edited:
For those who updated thank you letters to the portal: are you supposed to send 2 separate ones to each interviewer, or address the adcom generally in one letter? (yikes so sorry if this is the dumbest question on this thread, I usually email my interviewers directly so im kinda confused how people do this lol)
For the faculty member whose email I didn't get during the interview, I just sent my thank you note to Columbia's admissions email as a pdf attachment asking them to pass it along for me! It looks like later the admissions team uploaded both that and my email to my applicant portal as well, so I don't think it really matters.

For the faculty member whose email I didn't get during the interview, I just sent my thank you note to Columbia's admissions email as a pdf attachment asking them to pass it along for me! It looks like later the admissions team uploaded both that and my email to my applicant portal as well, so I don't think it really matters.
Thank you so much!!

They told us at our interview today that we were the last interview day of the cycle
everyone still waiting for an II:

cover3.jpg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 26 users
do we send update letters/letters of interest or intent post-II ONLY by uploading to the portal? Or do we send to any email too?
When I interviewed they said you can do both to be certain it was received!