2022-2023 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Literally just got the II!! Did you guys dress up for the Kira assessment?
Yes, it is an interview!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What is the attire for the group session. Business casual as in just a dress shirt or professional suit like the interview?

my dad walked in during the middle of the interview so i got really distracted and for my last response just spoke gibberish..... rejection confirmed

• Sad
Definitely felt like I could’ve done better on that assessment but it is what it is

So is the group session like another interview?

So is the group session like another interview?

No, it's essentially a Q&A session. You don't have to ask any questions, but still mentally treat it like an interview in terms of attire, posture, etc.

Anyone from the 9/24 group interview get a decision yet?

Was it just me or did anyone else run out of time and get cut off for questions lol...

Members don't see this ad :)
Was it just me or did anyone else run out of time and get cut off for questions lol...
Yeah I definitely did for one or two. Made me much more conscious about answering questions concisely. But I read similar things from people who ended up getting accepted so I wouldn't worry much about it!

How long did it take after the Kira assessment for you guys to receive the invite to schedule the group Q&A?

Got the scholarship too. They said they were sending them out this week.

Haha I did for one of them as well...It wasn't too bad but I will say it is kind of weird recording yourself versus actually having a conversation but oh well very excited regardless!!

I just got an II last week.

Just registered for group interview, looked like the only date left in Dec was 16, and from then on there were January dates

Sweet. Don’t want them to send a score drop for this cycle so I’m not sending anything. They’ll have to see it next cycle if I don’t make it this one
I’m pretty sure you’re required to send updated info if in the event you received an acceptance for matriculation

What if I never told the schools I retook the exam? I said no on my primary to that question
I’m honestly not completely sure but I think withholding info like that could backfire, maybe @Goro or someone can chime in?

I got the email to sign up for the Zoom meeting with faculty and students, but when I log in to my DMU admissions account I don't have an option to sign up. Did this happen to anyone else?

You lied about retaking the MCAT on your primary?
I don't think they lied per say, I think they indicated they didn't have a future retake but decided down the road to retake

Reactions: 1 users
This is exactly what happened. I decided after. I did NOT lie

Ah gotcha. I think you need to send all academic updates in case of an acceptance. They told me even if I took an arts & crafts course at a CC, I'd need to send them an updated transcript. You 100% should send them an MCAT update (if accepted) to avoid any kind of massive headache in the future.

Received an A via text today! I would also like to add that I think I submitted my Kira 8 days after I received it. That was my experience, it won't necessarily apply to everyone, but just wanted to share that detail, which was worrying me for some time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I have my group interview soon and I'm really excited! Does everyone wear suits? I don't own one and I used a dress shirt with a tie for Kira. I'm trying to figure out if I should get a suit asap or not since I'm on a tight budget.

I have my group interview soon and I'm really excited! Does everyone wear suits? I don't own one and I used a dress shirt with a tie for Kira. I'm trying to figure out if I should get a suit asap or not since I'm on a tight budget.
my parter interviewed here and he wore a suit. I asked him and he said some applicants wear ties with a dress shirt as well. Even for my interviews I have seen both men and women wear suits/dress shirts just make sure your business casual. GL!!

Are IIs going out by email or text?
I don't know if anyone responded to you yet, but II invites go out by email & if you receive an acceptance, you will receive a text, & later an email, as long as you signed up to receive text alerts (I'm pretty sure) from your DMU admissions account.

Could those who interviewed and received acceptances share how was their interview went? I feel like I did really badly interms of speaking properly and got cut off too.So think that a rejection is coming

Anyone getting a system error when trying to schedule the group interview?

We’re supposed to complete a survey to tell them we still want to be considered?? That seems odd

Yeah I know right! Interestingly enough tho, i received an interview invite the next week after I completed it

We’re supposed to complete a survey to tell them we still want to be considered?? That seems odd
I think it’s because by now some people have been offered admission at other DO schools, and they don’t want to spend the time to interview you if you’re no longer pursuing their school

Reactions: 3 users
How long after the group session did it take to get a decision?

Dang the group session is way too short lol. Spent most of the time with introductions, felt a little pointless.

Reactions: 2 users