2022-2023 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who have interviewed, how long did it take to get an interview?

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone get any scholarship offers after their interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II earlier today! My account didn’t show the participant agreement though. Anyone else have issues with that? I’m crazy excited though!

Edit: How long after submitting the Kira part are you all scheduling out interviews at this point?

II earlier today! My account didn’t show the participant agreement though. Anyone else have issues with that? I’m crazy excited though!

Edit: How long after submitting the Kira part are you all scheduling out interviews at this point?
They had mid January up until early February available as of last week.

how much movement is there from the pre II hold list ?

bruh i've been complete since mid-august, and just received and filled out that i'm still interested survey 2 days ago. Hoping to see something change :(((
I got that survey maybe a month ago and got an interview this week. Hang in there!!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the II! Complete 8/16, survey received and complete 11/16.

Reactions: 1 users
Did the Kira portion of the interview yesterday and got the email to schedule the zoom portion today. Soonest date was early February.

How long did ya’ll wait to take the Kira assessment after receiving the email?

How long did ya’ll wait to take the Kira assessment after receiving the email?
I took it on the 6th day, but make sure you take it within 7 days since that's what they required in the invite email.

DMU sent out an email with a survey that asked you to indicate whether you were still interested in your application being considered. You could also indicate you wanted your application removed from consideration. Also, think you could include an update if you wanted.
I never got this. Should I email them about this ?

I did not realize that Kira needed to be complete within 7 days. I work full time and planned to use my time off over a thanksgiving to prep and now it has been more than 7 days. Do you think I missed out?

I did not realize that Kira needed to be complete within 7 days. I work full time and planned to use my time off over a thanksgiving to prep and now it has been more than 7 days. Do you think I missed out?
Someone else in this thread mentioned that they did their Kira assessment on the 8th day and everything was fine. Doing it beyond a week probably isn't ideal but I'd still complete it and see where it goes.

Do we have to complete Kira? Is this only after you earn an II? or do we complete Kira after submitting the secondary app?

Do we have to complete Kira? Is this only after you earn an II? or do we complete Kira after submitting the secondary app?
The Kira is the actual interview portion itself. Basically, an asynchronous interview format.

alternate list today post-II, does anyone know if it moves up at all?

• Care
Most of my friends got in off the alternate list. The class is 220 people. Y’all still have plenty of time to see it move past the deposit deadlines and as more MD decisions are made at the beginning of the year/early spring.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys,

My group interview is coming up soon. Does it only last 1 hour? The day I picked I did not realize I have other commitments shortly after. How long did it last for you guys?

Does anyone know how DMU accommodates for housing on away rotations?

Could anyone point me in the direction of tips for the interview pls!