2022-2023 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are they going to send more II? Or are they done? I was complete 10/18

Members don't see this ad.

for those that recently got interview invites, when are the available dates for the group session? Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How long after the group info session did y’all hear back from admissions? I know the email said 4-6 weeks, but I swore during my info session they told us 2 weeks.

How long after the group info session did y’all hear back from admissions? I know the email said 4-6 weeks, but I swore during my info session they told us 2 weeks.
They said 4-6 weeks in my session and in the email. I heard back at like 4.5 weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
A just now over text! Group session just recently

Has anyone here been on a pre-II hold, then got an email saying something along the lines of "It has been some time since we last contacted you and we would like to confirm your interest in our program. Please complete the following short survey to confirm your interest:"?

I just would like to know if this means it is a possible interview invite or anything. Just want to keep my hopes up

Has anyone here been on a pre-II hold, then got an email saying something along the lines of "It has been some time since we last contacted you and we would like to confirm your interest in our program. Please complete the following short survey to confirm your interest:"?

I just would like to know if this means it is a possible interview invite or anything. Just want to keep my hopes up
I received the same email, and seems like others did too when I posted about it. They may be trying to gauge applicant’s interest for potential Spring interviews? Who knows

I received the same email, and seems like others did too when I posted about it. They may be trying to gauge applicant’s interest for potential Spring interviews? Who knows
I hope so, I love to be able to learn more about this school and see how I could fit myself there!

I haven't been put on hold or anything, but I submitted my app in August, received that survey in November, and still haven't had any communication from them :(

I know it doesn’t do much to ease anyone’s nerves, but if you look at last years thread (of which, I was apart of), you’ll see that many people got the interest email. It could eventually turn into an II. Hope is about the only thing you have during this terrible process. Stay positive and just remember, life will go on regardless of what happens this cycle. Best of luck to you all.

Members don't see this ad :)

Yes this happened to me! I was put on hold in september, got that email around 3 months after, I responded and I got an II a week later!

II yesterday, for those who are waiting, don’t lose hope!!! I thought I had no chance, but I sent an update not too long ago

When does this school usually start looking into wait list applicants?
That’s anyone’s guess. I’d look to deposit due dates and understand that there are people interviewing currently that don’t have decisions yet.

Regardless, the cycle isn’t over until you get a rejection email.

Is there an accepted students chat?

Anybody else with the A having trouble getting Pulse and whatnot set up? I might call tomorrow to get help with that.

Anybody else with the A having trouble getting Pulse and whatnot set up? I might call tomorrow to get help with that.
Have you paid the deposit? If you have then I’d be happy to PM and try to walk you through it

got the A text just now, info session was 1/26....will be withdrawing, hope it goes to one of you!

Has anyone from 1/12 group session heard back? I saw someone from 1/26 heard back :/

How did most people dress for the group interview? I was just going to go with a suit to be safe but wanted to see if that was the norm for this

How did most people dress for the group interview? I was just going to go with a suit to be safe but wanted to see if that was the norm for this
Everybody during mine wore a suit. Somehow I thought it was a less formal event so I wore a button down and stood out like a sore thumb lol. Still got the A but it definitely make me nervous over the next couple weeks.

Everybody during mine wore a suit. Somehow I thought it was a less formal event so I wore a button down and stood out like a sore thumb lol. Still got the A but it definitely make me nervous over the next couple weeks.
Appreciate the response! Yeah, I figured I likely wouldn't go wrong wearing a suit. I would've super overthought it if I went more casual and everyone else was all suits. Glad you got the A though!

About how long did it take for you to get a response after the group interview?

Appreciate the response! Yeah, I figured I likely wouldn't go wrong wearing a suit. I would've super overthought it if I went more casual and everyone else was all suits. Glad you got the A though!

About how long did it take for you to get a response after the group interview?
Yeah, you can always take it off too! I did that during another group event for a different school.

Thanks! I was really happy about getting a text that I was accepted twelve days later. It was my first A and the one I'm sticking with. Best of luck with the interview!

Yeah, you can always take it off too! I did that during another group event for a different school.

Thanks! I was really happy about getting a text that I was accepted twelve days later. It was my first A and the one I'm sticking with. Best of luck with the interview!
Well, then a suit it is. It's only for about an hour or so anyway so not too bad.

Oh wow, that is a pretty quick turnaround. Maybe I'll hear back in February then or early March. First A is huge! I recently got my first one as well!
Thanks for the well wishes!

Well, then a suit it is. It's only for about an hour or so anyway so not too bad.

Oh wow, that is a pretty quick turnaround. Maybe I'll hear back in February then or early March. First A is huge! I recently got my first one as well!
They may be faster in getting back about As since it’s getting close to end of interviews!

If you are in need of a suit, I would highly recommend checking out goodwill or any thrift shop for one. I got one for under 15 bucks and it’s pretty good!

For all of my interviews, I wore an old dress shirt and old suit jacket which both no longer properly fit me. Never wore pants. Thank God for virtual interviews lol

If you are in need of a suit, I would highly recommend checking out goodwill or any thrift shop for one. I got one for under 15 bucks and it’s pretty good!
Oh no, I do have suits but was just asking in case I didn't need to wear one. Personally just prefer to not wear a suit unless needed. Very kind of you regardless! Appreciate that :)

For all of my interviews, I wore an old dress shirt and old suit jacket which both no longer properly fit me. Never wore pants. Thank God for virtual interviews lol
Out of paranoia that I would for some reason be asked to stand up to ensure I was wearing a full suit, I never decided to go that route regardless of how tempting the suit jacket/dress shirt and basketball shorts combo was :rofl:

• Haha
Out of paranoia that I would for some reason be asked to stand up to ensure I was wearing a full suit, I never decided to go that route regardless of how tempting the suit jacket/dress shirt and basketball shorts combo was :rofl:
omg i too have this weird paranoia HAHA

• Haha
Gave up seat last week.Hope it goes to one of you

How far out are the info sessions booked for people turning in Kira around now? I saw in the beginning of the cycle some people had to wait at least a month, if not more

How far out are the info sessions booked for people turning in Kira around now? I saw in the beginning of the cycle some people had to wait at least a month, if not more

I did my Kira assessment on Tuesday 02/07 and I was able to reserve an information session for today 02/10
I think it just depends

• Wow
does anyone know how to decline an acceptance? i cant find a link or anything

I did my Kira assessment on Tuesday 02/07 and I was able to reserve an information session for today 02/10
I think it just depends
I wish they would offer to move up your info session after any cancellations.

I did my Kira on 12/20, had to wait until the first week of January to schedule my info session b/c of the holiday break, and the soonest info session available was for 2/16.

I had a school send me an II, interview me, and accept me in the time since then lol

Reactions: 2 users