You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Drexel
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does anyone know if they are doing once a month release dates like they did last year or if they are doing results every Friday?
SnailPo
Full Member
Admissions stated they will release decisions every FridayDoes anyone know if they are doing once a month release dates like they did last year or if they are doing results every Friday?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BioNerd 2.0
Full Member
I was also deferred!
08/08When were you complete?
I was complete 08/03 also. Absolute silence. Nerve reckingcomplete 08/03 and no communication (not on hold). anyone else in the same position?
No news is good news I guess. I was complete 7/20 and nothing yet. Radio silenceI was complete 08/03 also. Absolute silence. Nerve recking
When were you complete?Pre-II Hold just now.
RIP
Do you get an email or did you have to check the portal? Also, when were you complete?Pre-II Hold just now.
RIP
Also received the pre-II hold email. Complete 9/16.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1Complete 7/11 haven’t heard anything but got another open house email this morning. Wondering why I haven’t been hit with that pre-II hold OR a R or a II. Weird process.
showkayaker
Full Member
Me too, I wonder what that means anyone have any insight from prev year threads?Complete 7/11 haven’t heard anything but got another open house email this morning. Wondering why I haven’t been hit with that pre-II hold OR a R or a II. Weird process.
Can’t decide if silence or hold is betterMe too, I wonder what that means anyone have any insight from prev year threads?
One thing is for sure: it ain't over 'til it's overCan’t decide if silence or hold is better
Fluffernuttersquish
Full Member
same, earlier in this thread someone posted that at an open house they said a hold was better because they were trying to have a true "hold" list but who knows if that is true. I hope it is not because I have silence also! Is anyone waiting on their first interview anywhere?Can’t decide if silence or hold is better
Me I am waiting on everywhere FML - complete late Aug to mid Septembersame, earlier in this thread someone posted that at an open house they said a hold was better because they were trying to have a true "hold" list but who knows if that is true. I hope it is not because I have silence also! Is anyone waiting on their first interview anywhere?
Fluffernuttersquish
Full Member
same, well at least we are not alone! Trying to stay positive!Me I am waiting on everywhere FML - complete late Aug to mid September
iceylatte
Full Member
I'm also waiting smh, but I was complete at most schools in September/early October.same, earlier in this thread someone posted that at an open house they said a hold was better because they were trying to have a true "hold" list but who knows if that is true. I hope it is not because I have silence also! Is anyone waiting on their first interview anywhere?
I am seeing some people say earlier hold is more like a soft R so I’ll take the silence. Who really knows though with schools! Praying for us 😭same, well at least we are not alone! Trying to stay positive!
I received a pre-II hold today, as well. I was complete 7/26. LM 67 with a strong upward trend.
just fyi everyone: it seems like Drexel now utilizes their holds a bit differently! When I applied two cycles ago, hold at drexel mostly meant soft R. I checked last cycle's thread and it seems like people who were on hold received IIs later on (feb-ish). Although I would not be too optimistic to protect my sanity, hold here is not the worst thing! 🙂
FWIW to people with holds, my PI says a former student of theirs got a Drexel hold, then II late winter, then WL, then A late spring. Best of luck to everyone!
The trauma lolFWIW to people with holds, my PI says a former student of theirs got a Drexel hold, then II late winter, then WL, then A late spring. Best of luck to everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Username2022
New Member
How do you indicate your campus preference after getting an A at drexel?
In the late spring once the class finalizes a bit they will hold multiple rounds of lotteries to assign placements. This is because they give out more A’s than spots in the class and people with multiple A’s are finalizing their choice of medical school as well, so it makes no sense for them to hold the lottery when the class profile changes so much throughout the cycle. You get to fill out a form in the pre-matriculation tab in the AMP portal where you select your order of preference and then every few weeks they run that lottery.How do you indicate your campus preference after getting an A at drexel?
usually at the bottom, they have a disclaimer that says the open house email does not indicate a change in application statusGot Drexel’s open house email yesterday after being put on hold by them 2 weeks ago. Not sure what kind of message to take from this haha
No specific dress code for the open house. Most of us wore pretty casual clothingthose who went to the open house last time- what was the dress code like? were most people in business casual/professional?
congrats! stats?Just got the call!! So excited! I'm shaking
I interviewed 9/30
Thanks! LM 68 gpa 3.54 mcat 514congrats! stats?
SmartWaterIsTooTall
Full Member
"IS" II received 9/26, submitted 8/18
LM 72, 3.7, 517
Edit: "IS" b/c I just work in PA but my family live in TX
LM 72, 3.7, 517
Edit: "IS" b/c I just work in PA but my family live in TX
Hi everyone!
II received 10/24, Secondary complete 7/18
From CA but pretty solid ties to Philly. Fingers crossed!
II received 10/24, Secondary complete 7/18
From CA but pretty solid ties to Philly. Fingers crossed!
Congrats! Were you ever put on hold?Hi everyone!
II received 10/24, Secondary complete 7/18
From CA but pretty solid ties to Philly. Fingers crossed!
nice! are you IS or OOS? urm/orm?Thanks! LM 68 gpa 3.54 mcat 514
IS and orm!nice! are you IS or OOS? urm/orm?
A- just got the call. Interviewed last week- super quick turnaround
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What date did you interview last week?A- just got the call. Interviewed last week- super quick turnaround
Shut up I’m freaking out hahahah. I interviewed 10/12 and had a dream last night that I got accepted. I woke up thinking “no way I’d hear back this quickly irl” but you’re giving me ~hope~. CONGRATULATIONS!A- just got the call. Interviewed last week- super quick turnaround
Congrats it's cool to see such a fast turn around with these interviews! Do you mind if I ask what you mean by scores?A today!! Interviewed 10/13 IS ORM. Was told a lot about whether i might get in or not based on scores. Keep working hard and give yourself grace. You can do this!