You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Drexel
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
asdfaqerqwerqera
Full Member
Drexel lied when they said they would get back to us in 3-4 weeks. I interviewed 10/14 and got the call today!!! I'm gonna be a med student next year!!!!!!!
Congrats!!!! Did you just get the A right now?
Can anyone who received a recent open house email share some more info or the Zoom links? I've been accepted but still want to learn more about the school however possible. I got their first open house email but all of those dates have passed. Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
9ish PST is when I got the call. Sawit was from Drexel and I knew right away even before answering. Why else would they be calling me. Sending positive vibes that your time will come soon too.Congrats!!!! Did you just get the A right now?
hopefuldoc715
Full Member
Deferred today. Interviewed 10/12.
Last edited:
Did they send you an email for WL?Waitlist today. Interviewed 10/12.
hopefuldoc715
Full Member
Indeed they did!Did they send you an email for WL?
asdfaqerqwerqera
Full Member
interviewed 10/3 nothing so far. Anybody else from 10/3 hear anything
If you don't mind sharing, what's your gpa/mcat? Also, ORM or URM?Deferred today. Interviewed 10/12.
showkayaker
Full Member
For those who interviewed and are getting WL/deferral or whatever the decision is, can you speak to why to potentially help future applicants?
Did you feel you did well at the interview? Anything on your application that could be considered a deficiency?
Did you feel you did well at the interview? Anything on your application that could be considered a deficiency?
thegoodfuturedoctor
Full Member
I got deferred (different from waitlist bc they review your app every week throughout the rest of the cycle instead of just in the spring) and I think it’s mostly bc they want to save seats for people who interview later, that’s what they told us during the interview day so I’m trying to stay hopeful!For those who interviewed and are getting WL/deferral or whatever the decision is, can you speak to why to potentially help future applicants?
Did you feel you did well at the interview? Anything on your application that could be considered a deficiency?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Deferral email 5:45 pm. Honestly kind of bummed ngl 🙁 but staying hopeful
hopefuldoc715
Full Member
Feel free to PM! I have my LM and WARS attached as my signatureIf you don't mind sharing, what's your gpa/mcat? Also, ORM or URM?
There’s plenty of reason to stay hopeful!!! When did you interview?Deferral email 5:45 pm. Honestly kind of bummed ngl 🙁 but staying hopeful
Lmichellea
New Member
A today! Got the call around 9:30 PST.
10/7!There’s plenty of reason to stay hopeful!!! When did you interview?
First md ii! Oos non trad! I’m shaking. Complete July
Congrats!!! One step closer towards that white coat!First md ii! Oos non trad! I’m shaking. Complete July
caramelsauce
Full Member
Just got an II! IS, LM ~75, complete 8/28 🙂
Fluffernuttersquish
Full Member
Congrats to all who got interviews! Did any of you send updates?Just got an II! Next interview dates were in December for me. For those who got an interview invite today, did you guys get any earlier dates?
November 30th was open but I did December 2nd because I don't work that day.Just got an II! Next interview dates were in December for me. For those who got an interview invite today, did you guys get any earlier dates?
complete date? and IS or OOS? congrats!!!!Just got an II! Next interview dates were in December for me. For those who got an interview invite today, did you guys get any earlier dates?
taguylla2
Full Member
thanks! complete 07/03 and OOScomplete date? and IS or OOS? congrats!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
caramelsauce
Full Member
I didn'tCongrats to all who got interviews! Did any of you send updates?
When I interviewed, they said not to send them unless there are substantial updates but they didn’t specify what’s considered “substantial” though.Congrats to all who got interviews! Did any of you send updates?
My COD Modern Warfare k/d ratio is significant news that I am updating them withWhen I interviewed, they said not to send them unless there are substantial updates but they didn’t specify what’s considered “substantial” though.
KoopaTroopa321
New Member
I’ve never posted on here and had never planned too but this is funny enough to deserve the recognitionMy COD Modern Warfare k/d ratio is significant news that I am updating them with
Honestly, same.My COD Modern Warfare k/d ratio is significant news that I am updating them with
put on hold🙁 LM 68. how likely are hold applicants to receive an II after Jan?
Complete 9/14. They emailed me with Hold status.Do you get an email or did you have to check the portal? Also, when were you complete?
Does Drexel send out pre-II rejections? I was complete mid-August and haven't heard anything from them yet.
It seems like they're just putting people on hold for now - for reference they sent me the hold update on 10/19 and my secondary was complete by 8/15Does Drexel send out pre-II rejections? I was complete mid-August and haven't heard anything from them yet.
Interesting. Does that mean it's a bad sign that I haven't heard from them yet?It seems like they're just putting people on hold for now - for reference they sent me the hold update on 10/19 and my secondary was complete by 8/15
Does Drexel send out pre-II rejections? I was complete mid-August and haven't heard anything from them yet.
wonder if they review apps in a certain order not related to completion dateInteresting. Does that mean it's a bad sign that I haven't heard from them yet?
they did last yearDoes Drexel send out pre-II rejections? I was complete mid-August and haven't heard anything from them yet.
Does Drexel send out pre-II rejections? I was complete mid-August and haven't heard anything from them yet.
A couple of people posted pre-II Rs on here in mid October.It seems like they're just putting people on hold for now - for reference they sent me the hold update on 10/19 and my secondary was complete by 8/15
Ok so question for people who already interviewed.
1. Confirming it is open file both student and faculty
2. Are they standard traditional questions for both the faculty and student?
3. I keep hearing it is laid back but what does that necessarily mean?
Have my ii in early december and I am a nervous wreck
1. Confirming it is open file both student and faculty
2. Are they standard traditional questions for both the faculty and student?
3. I keep hearing it is laid back but what does that necessarily mean?
Have my ii in early december and I am a nervous wreck
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SnailPo
Full Member
1. Faculty is open, student is closedOk so question for people who already interviewed.
1. Confirming it is open file both student and faculty
2. Are they standard traditional questions for both the faculty and student?
3. I keep hearing it is laid back but what does that necessarily mean?
Have my ii in early december and I am a nervous wreck
2. Standard for faculty, some standard, some not for student (for mine at least).
3. Laid back as in you’re not spending the entire time getting grilled on questions and answers. They want you to feel comfortable speaking with them and want to know you as an applicant. Use the questions in the Interview Feedback to help you. It was helpful for me to be prepared for what they may ask in addition to the basic questions.
Good luck!
Congratulations! If you are worthy enough for an interview, you are surely worthy of that Drexel white coat! Best of luck!First md ii! Oos non trad! I’m shaking. Complete July
Last edited:
To everyone who has heard nothing yet from Drexel: I'm a current M2 at Cooper (which I love so far), but was also accepted at Drexel. I was complete at Drexel mid-August 2020 (relatively early on that year's timeline), never put on hold, received an interview invite (II) mid-February 2021, interviewed in early March 2021, and got the A in mid-May 2021. So don’t worry if you’re complete but haven’t received an II yet! Drexel seemed to be a little random. I know it doesn't feel like it, but this cycle is far from over.Interesting. Does that mean it's a bad sign that I haven't heard from them yet?
Also, consider applying to Cooper too, even if you’re out of state (it’s in NJ), particularly if you have a strong service background (I was a super strong mission fit)! I was OOS with mid to lower range stats and I added Cooper in like Oct/Nov, and I’m so happy I ended up choosing it. I live in Philly (Center City, along with many of my classmates) and I have a 10 min train to Cooper. And it’s a smaller class size with more individualized attention/mentorship and early patient interaction (all students are required to work at free community clinic). They truly take a holistic look at each student, so it's not too late to apply!
Applied to Cooper and I'm literally (originally) from the Camden area but live in PA now. Thought I wrote them a heartfelt message about wanting to serve the local community but silence still, and I was complete ages ago (like 8/1-ish). Have other II's but have been ghosted by both of these schools, kinda hurts lolTo everyone who has heard nothing yet from Drexel: I'm a current M2 at Cooper (which I love so far), but was also accepted at Drexel. I was complete at Drexel mid-August 2020 (relatively early on that year's timeline), never put on hold, received an interview invite (II) mid-February 2021, interviewed in early March 2021, and got the A in mid-May 2021. So don’t worry if you’re complete but haven’t received an II yet! Drexel seemed to be a little random. I know it doesn't feel like it, but this cycle is far from over.
Also, consider applying to Cooper too, even if you’re out of state (it’s in NJ), particularly if you have a strong service background (I was a super strong mission fit)! I was OOS with mid to lower range stats and I added Cooper in like Oct/Nov, and I’m so happy I ended up choosing it. I live in Philly (Center City, along with many of my classmates) and I have a 10 min train to Cooper. And it’s a smaller class size with more individualized attention/mentorship and early patient interaction (all students are required to work at free community clinic). They truly take a holistic look at each student, so it's not too late to apply!