You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Drexel
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
hopefulandexcitedfuturemd
New Member
New to SDN so forgot to post but got the A email on 1/20 from my 12/1 interview! Woohoo!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just.a.girl.from.brooklyn
Full Member
Has an application hold ever turned in to an II?
packfan92
Full Member
My status still says "application is ready." I don't even think mine is on hold.Has an application hold ever turned in to an II?
+1My status still says "application is ready." I don't even think mine is on hold.
akapur2000
Full Member
Hey Drexel u can accept me anytime now. I am just restudying for the mcat sooooo anytime is fine w me.
Just got the deferral email, interviewed 12/2 🙁
A!! 'Twas an email sent literally 2 min ago.
throwaway198773
Full Member
A!! 'Twas an email sent literally 2 min ago.
Congrats! Sorry to be that person, but when was your interview? And were you previously deferred?
+1 interview 12/5Just got the deferral email, interviewed 12/2 🙁
caramelsauce
Full Member
A! interviewed 12/5. does anyone know when drexel gives out scholarship info?
Do you get to request a morning or afternoon session for your interview? Or is it chosen for you randomly?
It is random by default, but maybe you can email them just to see if they can accommodate if you have other commitments? Student interview is always noon-ish but you will only find out name and time of faculty a few days prior.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
throwaway198773
Full Member
Do we think they're waiting for CYMS to open up before considering deferred applicants? I am surprised there hasn't been any deferral movement reported here.
np 🙂 interview was 11/14 and I wasn't deferred.Congrats! Sorry to be that person, but when was your interview? And were you previously deferred?
akapur2000
Full Member
Not sure, tbh it’s been really different compared to last year’s sdn. I am unsure what to expect at this point.Do we think they're waiting for CYMS to open up before considering deferred applicants? I am surprised there hasn't been any deferral movement reported here.
thegoodfuturedoctor
Full Member
I wish we could see how many people have been deferredNot sure, tbh it’s been really different compared to last year’s sdn. I am unsure what to expect at this point.
akapur2000
Full Member
Can we low key call admissions and just ask??
adg30
Full Member
I wish, I tried and they just gave me the usual cookie cutter stuff, not disclosing anything that I didn't read onlineCan we low key call admissions and just ask??
akapur2000
Full Member
Well I guess I’ll just leave it alone if you tried w no luck. SIGHThis is the admissions number tho if anyone else wants to try their luck and maybe finesse something out of em
(215) 991-8202
II today!!! So excited 🙂 Complete in July. OOS. LM 73.
Called and left a message with the office a few days ago. I received an email back from admissions office as I hadn’t heard anything (deferral or otherwise) in 12 weeks since interview date. They stated that my app was still under review. I believe they do not review/accept/defer people chronologically. Obviously they’re swamped so all we can do is be patient
akapur2000
Full Member
😭😭😭😭😭😭Called and left a message with the office a few days ago. I received an email back from admissions office as I hadn’t heard anything (deferral or otherwise) in 12 weeks since interview date. They stated that my app was still under review. I believe they do not review/accept/defer people chronologically. Obviously they’re swamped so all we can do is be patient
+1! Complete July OOS LizzyM 73 WARS 72Just got an Interview invite !!!!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pokesalmonfish
mushroomturtle
Has there been any movement from the holds?
I was put on a pre-II hold, and I went to go check my app status. When I logged in, it just gives me a general welcome page for app Year 2023 with a message at the bottom, “We look forward to reviewing your completed application.” There’s no way to see any previous years. Does this mean it was a soft R? I’m checking on mobile if that makes a difference.
ssdesigorl74
Full Member
i completed my secondary in September and havent heard anything about an II 🙁 OOS ORM
Do some ppl really hear back abt A’s as soon as two weeks after interviewing??
Really?! I’m curious have you heard that happen?
Tyler Lynn
New Member
+2! II yesterday 2/2 from OOS complete July+1! Complete July OOS LizzyM 73 WARS 72
Really?! I’m curious have you heard that happen?
I thought I saw early in the thread that some ppl had a fast turn around, but ig I could also be totally wrong lol.
I thought I saw early in the thread that some ppl had a fast turn around, but ig I could also be totally wrong lol.
I went through some too it seems like interviewing back in Sept or Oct had a little over a month turnaround. Based on last year tho, if you interview end of Jan you should expect 8-9 weeks
Samei completed my secondary in September and havent heard anything about an II 🙁 OOS ORM
So at the interview they told us that their committee meets every thursday and decisions go out on Friday unless someone was out of the office so very rarely on saturdays as well. They are definitely very delayed on sending out notifications and I think the soonest people have heard back is like 2-3 weeks.Is Friday the drex decision day?
pleaseacceptme1
Full Member
Anyone hear back yet today?
throwaway198773
Full Member
I am fully prepared for another Friday betrayal of the currently deferred.
smiling through the pain 🫠I am fully prepared for another Friday betrayal of the currently deferred.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fluffernuttersquish
Full Member
Is there any hope of getting an interview at this point? Ive been on silence, no hold!!
ssdesigorl74
Full Member
Is there any hope of getting an interview at this point? Ive been on silence, no hold!!
Same
ibioso
Full Member
I actually received a II here last Wednesday, so I wouldn't give up hope yet! They were interviewing through march I believeIs there any hope of getting an interview at this point? Ive been on silence, no hold!!
Were you previously on hold?I actually received a II here last Wednesday, so I wouldn't give up hope yet! They were interviewing through march I believe
ibioso
Full Member
No hold! 🙂Were you previously on hold?