You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Drexel
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Got the A today! OOS, LM 70
Congrats! Would you mind sharing when did you interview?
OOS II today (LM 67). Kind of in disbelief as I literally have 0 ties to the state or school, but hyped for the interview none the less. Can anyone say if the interview had MMI's?
No MMI. A few pages ago someone had a very clear breakdown of interview day
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ssdesigorl74
Full Member
Still silence, no hold or R!! Lets stay hopeful!!
Same here and i sent an update letter late last week :/
pyrochem
Full Member
01/09!Congrats! Would you mind sharing when did you interview?
Should I be concerned if people from the same interview day have received an A, but I have no news? Just tired of this process mannn... I want that A!
Not yet! I think it’s interviewer dependent. Maybe your interviewer wasn’t there last week. If they discussed you but weren’t ready to give you A, I think you would get a deferral.
Future Dr. Blatt
Full Member
Any deferred acceptances yet?
hey when do we get our campus decisions? I really want to start looking for housing ASAP since i am kinda far away
Just guessing, but last year students heard about campus assignments in mid-March. So hopefully within the next few weeks, we'll find out our campus assignments.hey when do we get our campus decisions? I really want to start looking for housing ASAP since i am kinda far away
Not sure what I can update them with.Same here and i sent an update letter late last week :/
I interviewed in mid-September, was deferred in late October, and was accepted in early February. I have since withdrawn my acceptance because I was accepted to another school which is a better fit for me. I actually withdrew my application using the tab in the portal after the deferred decision, but I guess that they did not get the message. I'm wishing you the best!Any deferred acceptances yet?
Future Dr. Blatt
Full Member
Thanks for letting me know. I interviewed mid November and was deferred a couple weeks ago so hopefully they will start reconsidering deferred applicants soon. My anxiety can't take this lolI interviewed in mid-September, was deferred in late October, and was accepted in early February. I have since withdrawn my acceptance because I was accepted to another school which is a better fit for me. I actually withdrew my application using the tab in the portal after the deferred decision, but I guess that they did not get the message. I'm wishing you the best!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
boltsurfer01
New Member
"Applicants must pay the deposit fee prior to being given a campus assignment. Campus assignments will be shared via the applicant portal after March 30. Applicants admitted after March 30 will receive their campus assignment on a rolling basis.".hey when do we get our campus decisions? I really want to start looking for housing ASAP since i am kinda far away
MD Program Application Process - College of Medicine
I wish it was earlier cause im in the same boat about housing. It sucks tho cause for the philly campus we are competing against undergrad, upenn undergrad and grad, and all the other drexel grad for housing.
lmao dreading the waitlist as someone who interviewed in september and was deferred in october. insane that they'd interview me so early just to give me absolutely nothing afterwards.
still an inkling of hope in my heart that they just haven't gone through all the deferred applicants yet but damn. would appreciate literally any transparency at all in this process.
still an inkling of hope in my heart that they just haven't gone through all the deferred applicants yet but damn. would appreciate literally any transparency at all in this process.
freshlyground99
Full Member
similar boat, same sentimentlmao dreading the waitlist as someone who interviewed in september and was deferred in october. insane that they'd interview me so early just to give me absolutely nothing afterwards.
still an inkling of hope in my heart that they just haven't gone through all the deferred applicants yet but damn. would appreciate literally any transparency at all in this process.
akapur2000
Full Member
Don’t even stress brother I got Marvin’s roomlmao dreading the waitlist as someone who interviewed in september and was deferred in october. insane that they'd interview me so early just to give me absolutely nothing afterwards.
still an inkling of hope in my heart that they just haven't gone through all the deferred applicants yet but damn. would appreciate literally any transparency at all in this process.
On replay for us 🫶🫶
turn the volume up to maximum. let's drown out the painDon’t even stress brother I got Marvin’s room
On replay for us 🫶🫶
After all these years I never heard Marvin's room. I was just rocking "the language"Don’t even stress brother I got Marvin’s room
On replay for us 🫶🫶
I have had silence since September. No hold no nothing.
Kind of wondering if my app has even been seen
silence since first week of july here. I think they lost my app tbh
I think they’re not looking at my app because they found out that I ate a cheesesteak at Wawa instead of coming up to Philly and getting one from Geno’s 😅I have had silence since September. No hold no nothing.
Kind of wondering if my app has even been seen
throwaway198773
Full Member
Waitlist should start soon, see all you deferred folks there.
akapur2000
Full Member
Oh great another waitlistWaitlist should start soon, see all you deferred folks there.
throwaway198773
Full Member
When does deferred turn to waitlist?
Usually like today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
akapur2000
Full Member
On the website it says mid April
akapur2000
Full Member
not sure if this has already been answered before, but when are their "monthly meetings"? I interviewed so long ago I don't remember what they said lolll
When did you interview? I believe they meet weekly, and results have been coming out weekly. Mostly on Tuesdays in the past few weeks.
I was referencing akapur2000's screenshot that said they review deferred applicants "monthly" but I interviewed in early October and was deferred a few weeks after. Better if they're meeting weekly though!When did you interview? I believe they meet weekly, and results have been coming out weekly. Mostly on Tuesdays in the past few weeks.
fullblownrig
Full Member
Has anyone gone down the rabbithole of drexel reddit- keep hearing bad things about administration and that rotations aren't that great anymore after losing the main hospital. No admitted there yet but worried about all the things I'm hearing. Wondering if a current student can talk about some of these things
DoctrSpace
New Member
Has anyone gone down the rabbithole of drexel reddit- keep hearing bad things about administration and that rotations aren't that great anymore after losing the main hospital. No admitted there yet but worried about all the things I'm hearing. Wondering if a current student can talk about some of these things
I have also heard the same things and have been quite concerned especially about the quality of rotations when taking into account the list of residents at most of the clinical sites. Look it up… pretty concerning
Not only that how will LOR work for your clerkship years if they’re not drexel faculty??
Obviously still very interested in Drexel just a bit concerned.
Last edited:
My interview experience was also egotistical and snarky. She didnt look at the screen half the time and laughed at some of my responses.I’m glad you had a good experience cus mine was with an egotistical 70 year old white man who embodied non of the Drexel “values”. Just super sarcastic and anything you ask him you’re an idiot and he talks down to you cus you need to know he’s a surgeon. Good luck to anyone that gets this guy. DM for name. Christ after my 7 interviews I’ve done this cycle this guy gets the cake.
II just now!! Complete on 7/9. Drexel has forgiven me for not eating at Geno’s
its about time! been rootin for you all cycle bro 🤝II just now!! Complete on 7/9. Drexel has forgiven me for not eating at Geno’s
Congrats! did you send an update?II just now!! Complete on 7/9. Drexel has forgiven me for not eating at Geno’s
Thank you!! I really appreciate it.its about time! been rootin for you all cycle bro 🤝
Yes. I submitted only one in late NovemberCongrats! did you send an update?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any late January interviewees still not hear anything?
1/30 here, probably gonna be a few more weeks
throwaway198773
Full Member
Last 2 cycles it looks like every single SDN reported WL -> A was from someone who interviewed late in the cycle (post New Years). There is not a single report of a person that interviewed pre-New Year that got in from defer -> WL. Which makes sense, as they had plenty of time to review your app and decided not to give you an A over and over again/
Seems like pretty terrible, close to zero odds of making it from early defer -> A if you didn't get picked during the single defer -> A wave in Jan/Feb. As a September interviewee, I think it's over for me.
Seems like pretty terrible, close to zero odds of making it from early defer -> A if you didn't get picked during the single defer -> A wave in Jan/Feb. As a September interviewee, I think it's over for me.
Yeah mine was 2/1 so probably in 3 or so weeks since it looks like they're in early Jan1/30 here, probably gonna be a few more weeks
Yeah I've heard it too but they still consistently match well but would love to hear a current student's perspective. Internet rumblings might not truly represent their experience.I have also heard the same things and have been quite concerned especially about the quality of rotations when taking into account the list of residents at most of the clinical sites. Look it up… pretty concerning
Not only that how will LOR work for your clerkship years if they’re not drexel faculty??
Obviously still very interested in Drexel just a bit concerned.
LOR doesn't only need to be from faculty I'm sure if you have a doc (attending/resident) that you connected with they can still write you a LOR. Considering their consistent match though I'm sure students are still making it work.