You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Drexel
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
dideperfect123
Full Member
Just got an II, is there a chance for acceptance or am I interviewing for a waitlist spot? Also how is the interview experience?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
akapur2000
Full Member
It’s chill you get a presentation, faculty interview , and group interview w a med student. Group meaning u and two other interviewees plus a med student.Just got an II, is there a chance for acceptance or am I interviewing for a waitlist spot? Also how is the interview experience?
Edit: No idea in regard to chances post interview they have deferred half the nation sooo
Congrats! It's super chill like others have said it's a closed file group interview with you and 2 other students with 1 med student and a 1:1 open file faculty interview.Just got an II, is there a chance for acceptance or am I interviewing for a waitlist spot? Also how is the interview experience?
The faculty interview is very conversational and is highly specific to your app so be familiar with it. I did get some general questions like "What makes a good doctor?" Etc.
Review the SDN interview page and you should be good. Good luck!
Last edited:
AvgJoeSchmo
Full Member
Dead silent Friday. Come on DUCOM.
akapur2000
Full Member
QUEUE MARVINS ROOM
Do you guys know if the post-II decision comes out closer to 6 or 8 weeks?
Do you guys know if the post-II decision comes out closer to 6 or 8 weeks?
Well I’m going on 12+ weeks so 🙁
It might depend on your interviewer too just a hypothesis.. maybe not every member on the committee have to come to every weekly meeting, and you only get brought up when that person does go that particular week.
akapur2000
Full Member
I don’t even know what days to have Marvins room on standby anymore.
dartosfascia10
Full Member
Interviewed back in early November, deferral right before Christmas...anybody else in a similar position? Any insight on when we will hear back with decisions?
Interviewed end of October and deferred a month later and nothing. No idea when we will get a decision. So stressfulInterviewed back in early November, deferral right before Christmas...anybody else in a similar position? Any insight on when we will hear back with decisions?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TheCrimzinChin
New Member
I interviewed on 12/12 and got my acceptance 2/21 on a tuesday. I've also seen other folks get acceptances on other days of the week, so I don't think Friday is consistently the day they release decisions. I hope this helps with the friday anxiety because oh I felt it. Hang in there everyone I believe in you all! A reminder to create a self-care routine to prioritize your mental health
akapur2000
Full Member
Same position. I honestly don’t know when we will hear back.Interviewed back in early November, deferral right before Christmas...anybody else in a similar position? Any insight on when we will hear back with decisions?
adg30
Full Member
Pretty much same position. I've grown accustomed to the purgatory at this pointInterviewed back in early November, deferral right before Christmas...anybody else in a similar position? Any insight on when we will hear back with decisions?
adg30
Full Member
Just put it on repeat at this pt tbhI don’t even know what days to have Marvins room on standby anymore.
AvgJoeSchmo
Full Member
It seems like they’re getting through the II decisions from mid-December interviews? Maybe they will finish December interviews this week and start January decisions next week (speculating only)
& hopefully do a wrap around & go back through the deferrals 🤞🏼 pleaseIt seems like they’re getting through the II decisions from mid-December interviews? Maybe they will finish December interviews this week and start January decisions next week (speculating only)
slsjenrofk17384
Full Member
For those who already completed the interview, may I ask what your experiences were like?
Was it 1:1 interview with a faculty member and how long was it?
Were there any hard questions?
Also, there is no orientation or q/a session to attend before the interview day, right...?
(sorry for bombing the question...TT couldn't find this info in the email they sent me!!)
Thank you so much in advance <3
Was it 1:1 interview with a faculty member and how long was it?
Were there any hard questions?
Also, there is no orientation or q/a session to attend before the interview day, right...?
(sorry for bombing the question...TT couldn't find this info in the email they sent me!!)
Thank you so much in advance <3
Hydrohomiethe2nd
Full Member
These are all from my experiences.For those who already completed the interview, may I ask what your experiences were like?
Was it 1:1 interview with a faculty member and how long was it?
Were there any hard questions?
Also, there is no orientation or q/a session to attend before the interview day, right...?
(sorry for bombing the question...TT couldn't find this info in the email they sent me!!)
Thank you so much in advance <3
There is an orientation before the interview. All the interviewees of the day do a quick introduction, while people get checked in.
Depending on your faculty interviewer, your interviewer can have one or multiple interviewees on a given day. My interview ran 30 minutes precisely because my interviewer had to interview someone afterwards.
The interview was pretty casual, no grilling or unnecessary follow up questions. Just be prepared for the usual, who are you and why medicine and why DUCOM questions.
There is a student and faculty Q/A portion throughout the day. It could be before or after depending on your interview time.
And if you have any other questions just ask! and good luck!
slsjenrofk17384
Full Member
God bless youuu 💙 thank you so much!!!!!These are all from my experiences.
There is an orientation before the interview. All the interviewees of the day do a quick introduction, while people get checked in.
Depending on your faculty interviewer, your interviewer can have one or multiple interviewees on a given day. My interview ran 30 minutes precisely because my interviewer had to interview someone afterwards.
The interview was pretty casual, no grilling or unnecessary follow up questions. Just be prepared for the usual, who are you and why medicine and why DUCOM questions.
There is a student and faculty Q/A portion throughout the day. It could be before or after depending on your interview time.
And if you have any other questions just ask! and good luck!
Interviewed 4 weeks ago but has delusional hope I can hear back tomorrow
dartosfascia10
Full Member
Interview was one-on-one, very casual and laid back, about 30 mins in length. It was open file (my interviewer seemed to be perusing through my application during the interview and asking questions based on what he was reading in my app). Overall a very relaxed and chill interview experience...still got deferred though lolFor those who already completed the interview, may I ask what your experiences were like?
Was it 1:1 interview with a faculty member and how long was it?
Were there any hard questions?
Also, there is no orientation or q/a session to attend before the interview day, right...?
(sorry for bombing the question...TT couldn't find this info in the email they sent me!!)
Thank you so much in advance <3
Interview was one-on-one, very casual and laid back, about 30 mins in length. It was open file (my interviewer seemed to be perusing through my application during the interview and asking questions based on what he was reading in my app). Overall a very relaxed and chill interview experience...still got deferred though lol
I’m glad you had a good experience cus mine was with an egotistical 70 year old white man who embodied non of the Drexel “values”. Just super sarcastic and anything you ask him you’re an idiot and he talks down to you cus you need to know he’s a surgeon. Good luck to anyone that gets this guy. DM for name. Christ after my 7 interviews I’ve done this cycle this guy gets the cake.
I’m glad you had a good experience cus mine was with an egotistical 70 year old white man who embodied non of the Drexel “values”. Just super sarcastic and anything you ask him you’re an idiot and he talks down to you cus you need to know he’s a surgeon. Good luck to anyone that gets this guy. DM for name. Christ after my 7 interviews I’ve done this cycle this guy gets the cake.
Saw some discussion on this guy in last year’s thread. Apparently very daunting and I was hoping I’m not matched with him before my interview, but his interviewees did report acceptances so don’t worry so much
interviewed on 12/16, got the A via email today!!
Just withdrew post-interview, pre-decision. Wasn't too impressed with the school after sitting on my thoughts about it for the past 2 weeks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They should really stop him from interviewing… He gives a bad impression to people who don’t know him. I interviewed with him and am one of the acceptances from last year. Overheard in the admissions grapevine that he generally writes very good, positive reviews of the students he interviews.Saw some discussion on this guy in last year’s thread. Apparently very daunting and I was hoping I’m not matched with him before my interview, but his interviewees did report acceptances so don’t worry so much
For what it’s worth, students work with him a lot in the surgical field, business entrepreneurship fields, and if you’re interested in the Scholars program he is the director for that; he’s super active and people who work with him have nothing but positive things to say about him for the most part. He just has a very very dry, blunt "humor" that gives people horrible first impressions.
I interviewed with him in January. If anybody does get him, a piece of advice would be to not get flustered if he cuts you off. He cut me off like halfway through the "why medicine" question and moved on to something completely different. It was so bizarre. This happened on several questions, even when I knew I was being brief. I do agree with @veraserah that he has an underlying sense of passion for the school and students, it just does not come across very clearly.Saw some discussion on this guy in last year’s thread. Apparently very daunting and I was hoping I’m not matched with him before my interview, but his interviewees did report acceptances so don’t worry so much
You're probably in a better place than I am. I've been on Pre-II hold since end of OctoberThe silence is strong. No hold or pre-II R. Just waiting patiently to hear something from here.
It’s honestly a toss up with Drexel at this point. At one of the open houses, Brian said that if you don’t hear back by February, then that might not be a good sign. But anything can happen from now until an R is given. And that doesn’t mean to lose all hope at this time. Hopefully we hear some good news!You're probably in a better place than I am. I've been on Pre-II hold since end of October
thegoodfuturedoctor
Full Member
I hope that's not true for us deferred ppl 😭It’s honestly a toss up with Drexel at this point. At one of the open houses, Brian said that if you don’t hear back by February, then that might not be a good sign. But anything can happen from now until an R is given. And that doesn’t mean to lose all hope at this time. Hopefully we hear some good news!
Accepted_MDreapplicant
New Member
A received today via email! Interviewed 12/19
As long as we don't have an R, then we're still being considered. With how unpredictable med school admissions are, anything can happen. Just remember why we are pursuing this path and what we want to do for those in need. Certainly, our time to fulfill that duty will soon come. Best of luck to you!!!I hope that's not true for us deferred ppl 😭
AvgJoeSchmo
Full Member
Seems like still working through Dec. interviews. Might go through deferred before they get to January, but who knows lolTrying to figure out if they've gotten to the deferred apps yet or still working thru December interviews
Just got an II! OOS
Congrats!! Best of luck to you with the interview!Just got an II! OOS
Drexel saved the best for last 😅. Best of luck to you!II, IS and from Philly, super hype. Late in the game so let's see what happens, I'm def gonna attend the interview though
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fluffernuttersquish
Full Member
Still silence, no hold or R!! Lets stay hopeful!!Drexel saved the best for last 😅. Best of luck to you!
Hi! Not OP but I also received an II this morning, all the dates available were in mid- to late-March, from the 20th through the 29thCongrats! what dates were available?
Thank you so much! I was really surprised but I'm so excited 🙂 🙂 🙂Congrats!! Best of luck to you with the interview!