-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Drexel
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
for what its worth, I interviewed the very last date available last year and am a current M1 🙂Does anyone know if later interviews here means a lower chance of getting an A and more likely for a WL?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Make sure you have great lighting. Maybe set up a mock zoom session with yourself and workout any technical issues.II tomorrow, I'm super hype. Any last min recommendations? I have my student interviewer listed but not faculty yet
Read over your application one more time and maybe look at some commonly asked questions. Tons of resources on sdn. Then just relax and enjoy the interview!
Congrats!
Can I PM with some questions about your experience being an M1?for what its worth, I interviewed the very last date available last year and am a current M1 🙂
anyone know what the last date is this year
grumpycat331
Full Member
Has anyone sent a LOI before getting a decision back after your interview? Wondering if it’ll get me anywhere or if I should just wait until I get a decision because I really love drexels program
I have been thinking the same thing, I haven't done it yet thoHas anyone sent a LOI before getting a decision back after your interview? Wondering if it’ll get me anywhere or if I should just wait until I get a decision because I really love drexels program
Deferred 3/15, interviewed 1/13. Is this different than a waitlist?
dideperfect123
Full Member
Does Drexel drug test before matriculation?
Deferred 3/15, interviewed 1/13. Is this different than a waitlist?
I think functionally no, technically yes.
so it seems these decisions really aren't coming out on any specific day of the week anymore
throwaway198773
Full Member
During my interview, they said basically once you get waitlisted they can't pull from you until deferred people's decisions have been made. At that point, they start pulling from the WL
But when the waitlist starts, everyone who is deferred is put there? So there will never be a situation where a WL exists and someone is deferred? Correct me if I'm wrong.
But when the waitlist starts, everyone who is deferred is put there? So there will never be a situation where a WL exists and someone is deferred? Correct me if I'm wrong.
I think you are correct. They say by mid April if you are deferred without A or R, deferred list turns into WL.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
throwaway198773
Full Member
I think you are correct. They say by mid April if you are deferred without A or R, deferred list turns into WL.
Yeah makes sense. I feel like they are going to finish out the interview season and then just WL everyone who was deferred. I highly doubt we see any more deferral -> A movement.
DoctrSpace
New Member
for what its worth, I interviewed the very last date available last year and am a current M1 🙂
What’s your experience been like so far??
Any major positives/negatives to going here?
I have an interview coming up soon, and when I was scheduling it, I did see interview days that went to the end of March. I'm not sure if they are offering any days in April though.are they still interviewing?
Last edited:
Drexel's spring break will be next week, so that may delay the time in which you'll hear a decision. I'm wishing for good news to come your way!!!This week makes 7 weeks post II. I think spring break is coming up soon too. For us late Jan/early Feb peeps hopefully we hear back soon 🤞🏿
Yeah... I'm guessing early April 🥴 I have a deposit due this Friday so I hope I hear back from at least other programs higher on my list this week 🥲Drexel's spring break will be next week, so that may delay the time in which you'll hear a decision. I'm wishing for good news to come your way!!!
Hopefully they get back to you soon!Yeah... I'm guessing early April 🥴 I have a deposit due this Friday so I hope I hear back from at least other programs higher on my list this week 🥲
nope!Does Drexel drug test before matriculation?
TheRealBillBelichick
Full Member
I have an interview March 27 (very late in the cycle). curious about your interview experiences
Do we think some decisions will be released today[emoji102]
I hope so. A batch will probably come out between now and tmrw afternoon.
Mine was very similar to what's stated on SDN. There's one closed file group interview with 3 other students and student interviewer and a 1:1 open file interview with a faculty member. They asked standard questions (or at least ones I've been asked before) and it was pretty chill.I have an interview March 27 (very late in the cycle). curious about your interview experiences
Last edited:
So any decisions?
Nawdawg
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any news yet today???
I’m anticipating 3pm or later. They are probably in the middle of an interview session rn
grumpycat331
Full Member
I’ve refreshed my email too many times today 
How is this school deferring people in late march? Christ, just make a decision.Deferred just now. My interview was 1/13
avividsound_
Full Member
How is this school deferring people in late march? Christ, just make a decision.
fr
misstomdhopefully
Full Member
Accepted! Interviewed 1/18
I interviewed in March last year, was waitlisted June 1st, and now am a M1. This school receives lots of apps, it takes time to get through them allHow is this school deferring people in late march? Christ, just make a decision.
dideperfect123
Full Member
If I interviewed earlier this month, what are the chances I get either an A/WL/R?
waitlisted june 1st?? Isn't that.... extremely past the deadline??? (for them I mean, not for you LOL)I interviewed in March last year, was waitlisted June 1st, and now am a M1. This school receives lots of apps, it takes time to get through them all
my bac would match my gpaI would say let's take a shot everytime we refresh our inbox but I don't wanna end up on the news 🥲
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
JacksonFeeble
Full Member
sectumsempradoctor
Full Member
Are they still interviewing? I haven't heard anything since submitting my secondary, so I'm assuming a ghosted R?
In the same situation. Unfortunately that’s what it looks like.Are they still interviewing? I haven't heard anything since submitting my secondary, so I'm assuming a ghosted R?
I believe they interview through April. All hope isn't lost yet, but not a ton of time left:/Are they still interviewing? I haven't heard anything since submitting my secondary, so I'm assuming a ghosted R?
Wouldn’t those interviews already be scheduled though? Hard to believe they are still gonna offer more IIs at this point.I believe they interview through April. All hope isn't lost yet, but not a ton of time left:/