2022-2023 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The legend reappears lol. Best of luck on everything! Hopefully you want have to queue up Marvin's Room (unless you tryna be in your feels)
You know what restudying makes me feel like I have control over what’s happening so Marvin’s room has been less of a necessity LOL

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Thanks! And no since they said it would take 7-8 weeks for a decision I figured I would wait it out.
I was debating on sending a LOI prior to getting a post-II decision (interviewed on 3/23), but it seems like it would be better to hold it off for now. Just hoping for some good news from here 🙏

I was debating on sending a LOI prior to getting a post-II decision (interviewed on 3/23), but it seems like it would be better to hold it off for now. Just hoping for some good news from here 🙏
I get that. It looks like you might be getting a decision around May which is prime WL movement szn. If you have other programs higher on your list it might be good to ride it out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I get that. It looks like you might be getting a decision around May which is prime WL movement szn. If you have other programs higher on your list it might be good to ride it out.
Yeah it seems like a decision might come around during that time. Even during my interview day, they said that it would take ~8-9 weeks to receive a decision, so there is still a lot of waiting to do. Drexel is one of my top schools and, coming out of my interview day, I would be thrilled to be accepted here, which is why I was debating on sending a LOI.

:woot:I feel it.... We're getting A's today, this week, this month this year!!!!! :woot:

Reactions: 3 users
I just withdrew my A for the Philly location. Best of luck to everyone!:)

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone have any insight on when we can expect to see deferral acceptances/rejections coming out?

Does anyone have any insight on when we can expect to see deferral acceptances/rejections coming out?
By April 15 people with multiple acceptances have to narrow it down to max three, so more movement may happen around then. April 30 is when people have to narrow down their acceptances to only ONE school, so with that there probably will be one more moderately big wave of decisions and seats offered before the waitlist is made.

Commit to enroll is usually in early July, so waitlist movement happens usually once or twice a month until then, and then it's people who only have no MD acceptances on the waitlist who could potentially receive an offer up until start of class on 8/14/2023. If you have DO acceptances and school starts sooner than most MD schools.... well, that's a sunk cost decision you'd have to make.

Keep in mind DUCOM also has to balance this with their DPMS and BS/MD classes which will finalize how many seats are offered to them once they finish the semester/quarter (GPA and MCAT requirements, I believe). That's a good 80-100ish seats for them too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
By April 15 people with multiple acceptances have to narrow it down to max three, so more movement may happen around then. April 30 is when people have to narrow down their acceptances to only ONE school, so with that there probably will be one more moderately big wave of decisions and seats offered before the waitlist is made.

Commit to enroll is usually in early July, so waitlist movement happens usually once or twice a month until then, and then it's people who only have no acceptances on the waitlist who could potentially receive an offer up until start of class on 8/14/2023.

Keep in mind DUCOM also has to balance this with their DPMS and BS/MD classes which will finalize how many seats are offered to them once they finish the semester/quarter (GPA and MCAT requirements, I believe). That's a good 80-100ish seats for them too.
Thank you!

Hi! Could anyone going to the virtual second look this Saturday take some notes and DM them to me? I am unfortunately working this Saturday during it :( I will be eternally grateful!!!

Anyone from 1/18 or 1/19 hear back lol? I'm hoping there's another day of decisions this week o_O

Hi! Could anyone going to the virtual second look this Saturday take some notes and DM them to me? I am unfortunately working this Saturday during it :( I will be eternally grateful!!!
The accepted students day panel should be recorded and distributed later, if this helps! You just won't be able to ask any questions during the panels.

Just withdrew my Philly A. Tough decision but that all loan package was messing with my spirit 😂 Good luck y’all!

Well, finally got the pre II-R...definitely disappointing as I am a re-applicant who interviewed at Drexel last year :/

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else still haven’t heard anything from Drexel?

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else still haven’t heard anything from Drexel?
Pre-II or post-II news? If it’s the former, it seems like they’re wrapping things up and are no longer sending out II’s. If it’s the latter, it’s been pretty silent this week. Maybe another round of decisions will be released next week

Their website says the deferred list will turn into waitlist mid-April. I assume that is coming our way soon...
It seems like they told late March interviewees to expect 8-9 weeks, and from last yeas thread WL started moving in June due to short-staffing. I hope they are more sorted out this time and will move faster.

GL deferred friends

Reactions: 2 users
Their website says the deferred list will turn into waitlist mid-April. I assume that is coming our way soon...
It seems like they told late March interviewees to expect 8-9 weeks, and from last yeas thread WL started moving in June due to short-staffing. I hope they are more sorted out this time and will move faster.

GL deferred friends
I can confirm that late March interviewees were told that a decision would be released within 8-9 weeks.

Best of luck to you! I’m wishing for good news to come your way.

GL deferred friends
What if you haven't heard back about a decision but its already been more than 10 weeks since your interview? Assuming it means you're deferred then?

What if you haven't heard back about a decision but its already been more than 10 weeks since your interview? Assuming it means you're deferred then?

That is a true mystery. Someone reported getting A without defer at 18 weeks. No idea how that happens

Wishful thinking but does anyone know for sure if interviews have concluded? Still silence, no hold.

A a couple hours ago :)

I interviewed mid-November and did not hear a single peep until today. Came by email no call.

Reactions: 5 users
congrats to the As! did anyone who interviewed 2/15 hear back yet?

Interviewed 2/3 and haven't heard anything yet. I figured after 4/15 we would start to see some more decisions, so fingers crossed for all of us who haven't heard back yet!

congrats to the As! did anyone who interviewed 2/15 hear back yet?
Interviewed that day as well, nothing yet. Hoping for the best for everyone, and congratulations to those who got the A!

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew my A at West Reading Campus, good luck all

Reactions: 6 users
At this point, it's pretty ridiculous (and inconsiderate) that a lot of us are still waiting on post interview decisions. Probably going to withdrawl my application soon as I am planning on attending another school regardless of Drexels decision.

Reactions: 9 users
At this point, it's pretty ridiculous (and inconsiderate) that a lot of us are still waiting on post interview decisions. Probably going to withdrawl my application soon as I am planning on attending another school regardless of Drexels decision.
Waits are tough (throwback to when each of us experienced the pre-MCAT score release month), though it seems for a lot of people decisions at Drexel took two months, some even longer. Even at interview, they said that the 6-8 weeks may not be set in place. Also congrats on the school you were accepted to!