2022-2023 Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Got my II today. Anybody else having trouble scheduling the interview on the website, though?

Reactions: 1 user
IS, ORM
3.7 undergrad, 515
Complete 7/1
They sent an email

Interview tab on website still isn’t working

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
is emory medschool more or less accepting of students from emory undergrad? (asking for a friend)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am an emory undergrad alum and that isn't necessarily true. I have talked to Emory ungrad and current M1s and about 25-30 alums matriculate. If you consider the grade total that isn't an insignificant amount.

is emory medschool more or less accepting of students from emory undergrad? (asking for a friend)
as a current Emory med student- I can say there are a good number of people in my class/classes above who went to Emory undergrad

Hey everyone, I submitted my app on August 2nd and got a confirmation email that my app was complete on that day. I believe at the time I had my letters all in too. I went through and checked all my portals today cause it’s been a long time and saw that on Emory’s it said my letters were received on August 23rd? Is this something to be worried about/did it delay my application? It’s one of my top schools so I’m really hoping it didn’t

Hey everyone, I submitted my app on August 2nd and got a confirmation email that my app was complete on that day. I believe at the time I had my letters all in too. I went through and checked all my portals today cause it’s been a long time and saw that on Emory’s it said my letters were received on August 23rd? Is this something to be worried about/did it delay my application? It’s one of my top schools so I’m really hoping it didn’t
Same thing happened to me for both Emory and USC. I submitted both in early-mid August and got a complete email but it says letters received on the 27th, strangely both at the same time too.

Same thing happened to me for both Emory and USC. I submitted both in early-mid August and got a complete email but it says letters received on the 27th, strangely both at the same time too.
Same exactly! I submitted USC later and the letters were uploaded on the same day and time as Emory, but it was also marked complete. Are you going to reach out to anybody or do you think we should just leave it?

Same exactly! I submitted USC later and the letters were uploaded on the same day and time as Emory, but it was also marked complete. Are you going to reach out to anybody or do you think we should just leave it?
Maybe, something got updated, like Preview score or any other test scores.For Emory, mine got updated to the date when received the preview score which was 27th.

Maybe, something got updated, like Preview score or any other test scores.For Emory, mine got updated to the date when received the preview score which was 27th.
I personally did not take preview

Can't believe it!! II email at 2:48 PM EST! Complete 7/14. OOS with no ties. Stats in signature.

Anyone hear from Emory's MSTP yet? their first interview day is Sept 22/23 (in less than three weeks), but it seems like they haven't sent anything yet

Anyone hear from Emory's MSTP yet? their first interview day is Sept 22/23 (in less than three weeks), but it seems like they haven't sent anything yet
I haven't... hoping for sometime this week

For anyone curious, the zoom interview yesterday was pretty chill. One group interview (two faculty, one M4, interviewing three applicants), one one-on-one interview, talk from the dean about the school, talk from an M4 about training at Grady. They had a camera set up in the student lounge and current students came by to chat with us all day and answer questions. The reputation of Emory students being very laid back, getting along well, non-toxic environment seemed to be true just seeing how the students interacted with one another. The interviews themselves were very positive, no tricky questions, no one seemed to be trying to "put the pressure on" or anything like that. Zoom had its awkwardness, but overall not bad.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
For anyone curious, the zoom interview yesterday was pretty chill. One group interview (two faculty, one M4, interviewing three applicants), one one-on-one interview, talk from the dean about the school, talk from an M4 about training at Grady. They had a camera set up in the student lounge and current students came by to chat with us all day and answer questions. The reputation of Emory students being very laid back, getting along well, non-toxic environment seemed to be true just seeing how the students interacted with one another. The interviews themselves were very positive, no tricky questions, no one seemed to be trying to "put the pressure on" or anything like that. Zoom had its awkwardness, but overall not bad.
Thanks for sharing!

Have they sent out any II since early September?

Reactions: 7 users
II! Complete 8/1, OOS w/ personal ties ORM LM 77

Reactions: 2 users
Does Emory have a preference for non-traditional, older applicants? I see that their the 19-23 age group is declining while the 24-29 age group is rising each successive cycle on MSAR.

Does Emory have a preference for non-traditional, older applicants? I see that their the 19-23 age group is declining while the 24-29 age group is rising each successive cycle on MSAR.
I don't think it's a preference. the age of applicants is just trending higher these days. there are plenty of traditional applicants in my class. just depends on what you bring to the table.

current student here to say you're gonna do great. Interviewed on the last day in Feb I think and was accepted off the waitlist in May.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
current student here to say you're gonna do great. Interviewed on the last day in Feb I think and was accepted off the waitlist in May.
I have a bit of a random question if you don't mind. What would you say Emory's "philosophy" is?

Just got the call with the A! They said they'll be mailing a packet within the next 10 days.

Good luck to all!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Just got the call with the A! They said they'll be mailing a packet within the next 10 days.

Good luck to all!
Congratulations. when did you intervie.w. Stats??

Good luck to all!
Congratulations! When did you interview? I didn't know they were going to call today, I thought today was just the mail date for the packet.