2022-2023 Emory

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I know I can’t decide if I’m just thinking I saw this date somewhere. I may be wrong.
hey!! you’re right🙂 The interview packet that Emory has includes a date every month that they’ll mail decisions out. usually it takes 1-2 days and for me I saw via informed delivery of that week on Tuesday night, and my portal updated Wed morning! hope y’all hear back this round!
 
hey!! you’re right🙂 The interview packet that Emory has includes a date every month that they’ll mail decisions out. usually it takes 1-2 days and for me I saw via informed delivery of that week on Tuesday night, and my portal updated Wed morning! hope y’all hear back this round!
Thanks for the clarification!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else who interviewed in September hear anything? I'm really hoping to hear back this month
Some have gotten As, even from interviews in early Oct. from what I can tell. Praying for this month after missing the first round of As. Also interviewed in Sept.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
they said you get reevaluated every month, but I’m confused about what difference getting re-evaluated will do if they don’t accept the applicant the first time around
 
they said you get reevaluated every month, but I’m confused about what difference getting re-evaluated will do if they don’t accept the applicant the first time around
My cope is that they don't want to overaccept and only want to give the A immediately to those whom they're sure they want. Like the top few of their list after each admissions meeting I guess. I hope they'll start sending out more towards the end of the season. I'm assuming early season has on average the strongest candidates.
 
My cope is that they don't want to overaccept and only want to give the A immediately to those whom they're sure they want. Like the top few of their list after each admissions meeting I guess. I hope they'll start sending out more towards the end of the season. I'm assuming early season has on average the strongest candidates.
Let’s hope that’s the case 😭 it didn’t seem like a lot of people got the A this month, at least on SDN which I know is a limited sample size
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi did you apply regular MD or MD/MPH?
They don’t treat MD/MPH any different when it comes to admissions. You’re not fully committed to doing an MPH until after your 3rd year, if you still choose to do so. Only MD/PhD has a separate admission process