You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Emory
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
marebear1914
Full Member
On the Emory SOM website, they say they only send acceptances via U.S. mail:
The Admissions Committee meets monthly from October to February. If you are accepted, you will be notified via regular U.S. mail. Applicants will NOT be notified by email or telephone.
The Admissions Committee meets monthly from October to February. If you are accepted, you will be notified via regular U.S. mail. Applicants will NOT be notified by email or telephone.
D
deleted910026
ayo, where II??????
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any internationals got II from here?
C564
Full Member
On the Emory SOM website, they say they only send acceptances via U.S. mail:
The Admissions Committee meets monthly from October to February. If you are accepted, you will be notified via regular U.S. mail. Applicants will NOT be notified by email or telephone.
I received a call yesterday from a member of the adcom, maybe as a result of a specific connection I have to Emory and a previous conversation I've had this with this adcom. I posted yesterday because I knew I'd been watching sdn for updates on the schools I'd interviewed with, and knew others would likely want to know the info. I didn't know they don't typically call. I'm sorry if my post added to anyone's anxiety yesterday! I know it was an emotional day for a lot of us, in good and bad ways.
For whoever previously asked, my general stats: 515, 3.7, IS, ORM, extensive clinical and leadership experience
Did you apply MD/PhD? I think they typically call for MD/PhD applicants.I received a call yesterday from a member of the adcom, maybe as a result of a specific connection I have to Emory and a previous conversation I've had this with this adcom. I posted yesterday because I knew I'd been watching sdn for updates on the schools I'd interviewed with, and knew others would likely want to know the info. I didn't know they don't typically call. I'm sorry if my post added to anyone's anxiety yesterday! I know it was an emotional day for a lot of us, in good and bad ways.
For whoever previously asked, my general stats: 515, 3.7, IS, ORM, extensive clinical and leadership experience
ConsumerOfCoins
Full Member
Checking my portal after this was naught but an exercise in pure masochism.Just received an A to Emory via email!!!!! Was not an official acceptance letter, but a message with a congratulations on the A and how to register for second look!! They said they'll be sending official acceptances in the mail soon
marebear1914
Full Member
Did your portal update as well? I wonder if this is like what happened last year where people who got mailed A letters had their portal update later that week
Just received an A to Emory via email!!!!! Was not an official acceptance letter, but a message with a congratulations on the A and how to register for second look!! They said they'll be sending official acceptances in the mail soon
itsdablaze
Full Member
Portal updated for me today with an acceptance!!!! USPS informed delivery shows that my letter is coming soon. Interviewed second week of October. So excited for this one!!!
marebear1914
Full Member
Congrats!!! What time do you think it updated today?
Portal updated for me today with an acceptance!!!! USPS informed delivery shows that my letter is coming soon. Interviewed second week of October. So excited for this one!!!
itsdablaze
Full Member
Thank you! If I had to guess I would say within the last hour or so. I checked earlier today at around 8:00AM EST and had nothing at that time.Congrats!!! What time do you think it updated today?
Premed Friend
Full Member
Portal updated with the A- interviewed first week of October. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back/interview!
this seriously helps so much 😭 this process is brutal when not knowing when to expect things to happencurrent student here to say you're gonna do great. Interviewed on the last day in Feb I think and was accepted off the waitlist in May.
Got the A via portal and can see the packet via informed delivery on USPS!!! This is my second application cycle and I’m so excited!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Premed Friend
Full Member
Anyone with A not do the host overnight thing? Was just checking my portal and saw that haha, I didn't realize it was something offered specifically pre-interview. Now I'm afraid it might signal lack of interest...
I didn’t. I don’t think they track them either way.
ConsumerOfCoins
Full Member
ACCEPTANCE ON THE PORTAL!!!!! I'm in actual tears.
premed_gorl
New Member
Did you interview on that Monday or Friday? just to know if i should be worried lolPortal updated for me today with an acceptance!!!! USPS informed delivery shows that my letter is coming soon. Interviewed second week of October. So excited for this one!!!
itsdablaze
Full Member
I interviewed on MondayDid you interview on that Monday or Friday? just to know if i should be worried lol
nutbutter2000
Full Member
Wait where in the portal would it say?ACCEPTANCE ON THE PORTAL!!!!! I'm in actual tears.
TuberculosisGirlboss
Full Member
Manifesting some IIs for us this week!! 🙏🙏🙏Any more IIs recently? Only two people have posted about getting one in the past 6 weeks so either they’re moving really slow or no one is posting here 🙁
stresscupcake
New Member
You can google this for each schoolDoes Emory accept update letters?
Friend1017
Full Member
Yup! Stay hopeful and wishing you the best of luck.Any internationals got II from here?
D
deleted1126729
Is the secondary portal down?
Yeah. Guessing the planning a purge [emoji27]
ChillyDoc1999
Full Member
Spooky… just in time for HalloweenYeah. Guessing the planning a purge [emoji27]
D
deleted1118591
I think Emory doesn't send out Rs until the end of the cycle but I randomly came across a post at the end of last year's thread that said they've apparently always updated portals with decisions on Wednesdays 🤔Yeah. Guessing the planning a purge [emoji27]
When were you complete? Did you work for Emory university or one of the hospitals? I work at EJCH but haven’t heard anything yet, complete 8/18 and LM 76 :/II 9/30, interviewed 10/14.
3.5, 509, worked at Emory for 3 years and undergraduate
EDIT: also should mention, ORM
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lilscientist14
Full Member
II just now!! Very excited about this one! OOS LM 74
caramelsauce
Full Member
II just now!! Very excited about this one! OOS LM 74
When were you complete?!
Best of luck !! Complete date?II just now!! Very excited about this one! OOS LM 74
lilscientist14
Full Member
Ages ago! 7/5When were you complete?!
Edit: They also scheduled my interview for next week. I sent some pretty significant updates like a week and a half ago, so I'm not sure if that made a difference.
Thank you. Best of luck for your interviewAges ago! 7/5
Edit: They also scheduled my interview for next week. I sent some pretty significant updates like a week and a half ago, so I'm not sure if that made a difference.
I was complete maybe just a couple of days before you. If I had to guess, around the 14th? I worked at EUH Main.When were you complete? Did you work for Emory university or one of the hospitals? I work at EJCH but haven’t heard anything yet, complete 8/18 and LM 76 :/
FlauntyDuke4
Full Member
Interviewed earlier this cycle and both of mine were closed file. That being said, looking at data from years past (Emory University School of Medicine Interview Feedback), seems like about a third were open, so it'd be in your best interest to be prepared for both scenarios!Are the interviews open or closed file?
Friend1017
Full Member
Mine two weeks ago were open file.Are the interviews open or closed file?
Has emory sent out pre-II rejections yet?
ChillyDoc1999
Full Member
They don’t send rejections until the end of the cycleHas emory sent out pre-II rejections yet?
lilscientist14
Full Member
Hey everyone! Is the group interview considered an MMI? I'm a little confused haha
Last edited:
Friend1017
Full Member
It's just a regular interview, where all applicants get to answer the same question.Hey everyone! Is the group interview considered an MMI? I'm a little confused haha
lilscientist14
Full Member
Eeeeek okay thanks!It's just a regular interview, where all applicants get to answer the same question.
anyone with a recent ii can tell us what the earliest interview dates are pls?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations, and it’s great to know there’s still hope for early applicants! I applied to the same program. Maybe I’ll be close behind you 😅OOS II just now for MD/MA-Bioethics! Complete 7/10. Not sure if my app is different due to the Bioethics bit, but there was one date available in December and two in January.
Thank you so much! I genuinely hope you are!!Congratulations, and it’s great to know there’s still hope for early applicants! I applied to the same program. Maybe I’ll be close behind you 😅
lcm.md.mom
Full Member
OOS II today at around 1:30 PM. Complete 7/8 for regular MD. I am absolutely screaming internally at my sales meeting in Atlanta (WHAT A COINCIDENCE)
Friend1017
Full Member
What's significant about Nov 21st?People who interviewed mid to end of october, will they send A's Nov 21?