2022-2023 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Questions for all who have been accepted. How was your interview? Do you feel like you are a strong mission fit? And do you see yourself attending Georgetown?
I agree with liao1. It was a pretty chill interview in hindsight but it was my first interview so I was a hot mess and honestly thought I tanked my chance of getting in. So glad I didn’t . I also only applied to schools where I fit the mission. I could see myself attending Georgetown but it’s also my only acceptance so far. We shall see :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
those of u who were accepted - did u send thank you notes or update letters?

Members don't see this ad :)

yes thank you notes, no update letter (but i doubt thank you notes have anything to do with admissions decisions tbh)

Questions for all who have been accepted. How was your interview? Do you feel like you are a strong mission fit? And do you see yourself attending Georgetown?
My interviewer was really friendly, and the interview felt conversational. I think I was a pretty strong mission fit in terms of service and belief (attended Jesuit schools since 10). This was one of my top 2, and I am grateful to also have been accepted to the other one, so deciding where I'd go would all come down to $$$. I could definitely see myself going here tho!
I sent in a handwritten thank you note (scanned and uploaded as a pdf) to show how much I wanted it 😂 but that was just me being extra. I would say that I definitely prioritized a thank you note for this school because they made it clear that it would be added to your file for adcoms to see. I did not send any update or interest letters.

Waitlist via email just now - interviewed 8/26

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When did you interview?
8/30 i believe. Not surprised given my 15-minute interview lol, I also didn't send an LOI or update and for whatever reason my thank you note was never uploaded until October lmao. But oh well hope everyone else gets the bread!

Waitlist via email at 9:25 AM EST. Do many students get off the waitlist at GUSOM?

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
WL this morning, interviewed 8/31 :'(

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed 9/8 and no news yet, anyone in the same boat? Also, did people get an update on the portal

Interviewed 9/8 and no news yet, anyone in the same boat? Also, did people get an update on the portal
Still absolutely nothing for me either, interviewed 9/9. No portal updates or email.

Im praying they just haven't gotten to calling 9/9 lol

Also got accepted here. I thought my interview was decent, and I felt that I was a strong mission fit w/ my experience in health policy. That being said, I don't think I'll be attending GUSOM as I recently received another acceptance for a school that is cheaper and closer to home. Good luck, everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Also got accepted here. I thought my interview was decent, and I felt that I was a strong mission fit w/ my experience in health policy. That being said, I don't think I'll be attending GUSOM as I recently received another acceptance for a school that is cheaper and closer to home. Good luck, everyone!
Hoping you withdraw soon for those of us on the waitlist lol

• Haha
Pre-interview R, complete 8/22, first rejection of the cycle

• Care
Post-II waitlist. Interviewed 9/9! Does anyone know when we should expect to hear back/if Georgetown gets a lot of WL movement?

Post-II R you win some you lose some
Rejected Rejection GIF by HULU

Pre II R. Complete 9/1. Good luck to you all!

• Sad
I’ve been complete since 7/12 and complete silence …what does this mean ? Did they just forget abt giving me the R?

Pre II R this AM, Complete 8/15. First of the cycle. Wish all the luck in the world to those still in the running!

The email must have got lost in space. A received (buckets of sweat in the meantime)!! Interviewed last week of August. Good luck everyone.

• Love
Pre-II R today (first R of the cycle). Good luck to everyone else!

LM 71 Complete 8/27

Last edited: