2022-2023 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I hope they've started re-reviewing people who interviewed in Sep-Oct 🙏🙏

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
interviewed 2/14, got the A at 4:29pm today. In state applicant. I'm in shock guys. Good luck to everyone, you got this!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations so happy for you! I was wondering when you interviewed by chance?
Thank you! I actually interviewed on 2/17 (I put the wrong date on accident a few responses ago). Wishing you the best of luck

Aight so people interviewing mid feb are hearing back. Here's to them giving decisions to those that interviewed in March as well:xf:

For those that interviewed last week, did they say tomorrow they will let us know?
During our session, the dean told us that we might hear back right about now but he didn't wanna confirm it in case something happened. Meaning we can either hear back sometime in the coming days or wait until the third Thursday of April, which is April 20th.

Does anybody know when UIC conducted their last interview day?

During our session, the dean told us that we might hear back right about now but he didn't wanna confirm it in case something happened. Meaning we can either hear back sometime in the coming days or wait until the third Thursday of April, which is April 20th.

Does anybody know when UIC conducted their last interview day?
I think the last day might have been March 10th but not super sure.

Congrats to the acceptances! I interviewed 02/14 and heard nothing and now Im feeling nervous does anyone know if that means its likely a DD?

Congrats to the acceptances! I interviewed 02/14 and heard nothing and now Im feeling nervous does anyone know if that means its likely a DD?
I interviewed 2/15, I think if I don't hear anything by next week Friday then I'll consider it a DD :c

• Sad
Got the A!!!! First (and probably only) A of this process! See y'all in August.
Interviewed 3/6
Email received 10:38

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed on 1/13 and got a DD that same month. Really hoping that they accept some more DD people this month.

Congrats to those accepted today!!

Anyone know if the As are given out in one big wave, like this morning, or do the send them at individual times? Trying to determine if there is still hope for this third Friday. TIA

Congrats!! Still waiting on a response, just sent my update letter since it's been a few months. The wait is killing me..
There with ya... interviewed in December, DD same month and haven't heard anything.... wish they'd at least let us know if we even have a chance

Congrats to those accepted today!!

Anyone know if the As are given out in one big wave, like this morning, or do the send them at individual times? Trying to determine if there is still hope for this third Friday. TIA
Some were accepted yesterday and others today. I would say give it til next week and if you don't hear anything you'll probably have to wait the following month. Gonna be doing the same on my end too.

I was wondering if newly accepted students have a chance at getting placed in Chicago or has it been filled already?

I was wondering if newly accepted students have a chance at getting placed in Chicago or has it been filled already?
Same here. Is there like a student profile they look for? I had a friend with strong ties to Chicago and ended up at Rockford anyway. Kinda scared now that appeals aren’t a thing this year 😭

Same here. Is there like a student profile they look for? I had a friend with strong ties to Chicago and ended up at Rockford anyway. Kinda scared now that appeals aren’t a thing this year 😭
I am not sure if there is a student profile or not, but are you IS or OOS?

On my interview day some of the students hinted that usually IS students rarely get placed in Chicago and many OOS students get Chicago as their campus. I think this has to do with making the school more appealing to them as an option .

On my interview day some of the students hinted that usually IS students rarely get placed in Chicago and many OOS students get Chicago as their campus. I think this has to do with making the school more appealing to them as an option .
Yeah I'm IS. Do you think campus assignments will be made quicker now that we're nearing the end of the cycle?

Yeah I'm IS. Do you think campus assignments will be made quicker now that we're nearing the end of the cycle?
Most likely, as it can give people more clarity as to whether UICOM is a right fit for them and where they will spend the next 4 years. But I can also see it being slower since April 30th is coming up and they'll probably invest time assigning campuses to people who chose UICOM as one of their top choices.

Most likely, as it can give people more clarity as to whether UICOM is a right fit for them and where they will spend the next 4 years. But I can also see it being slower since April 30th is coming up and they'll probably invest time assigning campuses to people who chose UICOM as one of their top choices.
Oh got it. Thanks a ton

Did anyone end up getting the A, days or weeks after others on your interview day heard back?

I feel like this doesn’t make too much sense when looking at last years MSAR data. 80 OOS students matriculated and even if all of them were placed in Chicago, the class size is 180 making 100 IS students assigned to that campus, which is a little more than 50%.

I feel like this doesn’t make too much sense when looking at last years MSAR data. 80 OOS students matriculated and even if all of them were placed in Chicago, the class size is 180 making 100 IS students assigned to that campus, which is a little more than 50%.
Maybe they are holding spots for people who apply to GMED? That scholarly concentration is only available in the Chicago campus.

Did anybody get an acceptance email today?
No, looking back at past decisions in the few months, some people hear back on Friday, and most on Monday the following week. I'm hoping we all hear back by Monday and if not the latest would be Wednesday.. If not, I would either call admissions or email.

Maybe they are holding spots for people who apply to GMED? That scholarly concentration is only available in the Chicago campus.
Maybe.. but I still feel like there would be about the same amount of IS students vs OOS, if not slightly more, since there are only a handful of students in scholarly concentrations? I guess we’ll never know 😅

Maybe.. but I still feel like there would be about the same amount of IS students vs OOS, if not slightly more, since there are only a handful of students in scholarly concentrations?
Yeah honestly, makes sense. I get where you're coming from.

I just want to hear back ASAP on a decision. I have other offers but this is the top choice.

No, looking back at past decisions in the few months, some people hear back on Friday, and most on Monday the following week. I'm hoping we all hear back by Monday and if not the latest would be Wednesday.. If not, I would either call admissions or email.
are monday's usually DD's or do they give A's on Monday as well?

hopefully that means more ppl will hear good news on Monday then. do they usually follow their post-II acceptance rate of 75%?
Think it's about 80% but I hope so, I'll be checking this page all day lol. Hope we both get accepted :)

Think it's about 80% but I hope so, I'll be checking this page all day lol. Hope we both get accepted :)
yeah, i really hope it's good news, this is my absolute top choice, regardless of campus assignment even! i hope you hear good news as well

regarding the 80% acceptance rate, I assume that includes students that were given an acceptance, students that were put on DD then given an acceptance, and students that were waitlisted and then given an acceptance?
I would like to know the immediate acceptance rate without DD or waitlist lmao

I think you also need to take into account the fact that you could appeal your location decision in the past years, whereas this year you can’t. So what’s going on this year is up in the air.

Also received an A this morning around 11:30am (Eastern)

• Love