You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Illinois
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Thank you! I actually interviewed on 2/17 (I put the wrong date on accident a few responses ago). Wishing you the best of luckCongratulations so happy for you! I was wondering when you interviewed by chance?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cookiemonster22
Full Member
For those that interviewed last week, did they say tomorrow they will let us know?
Bennie
Full Member
During our session, the dean told us that we might hear back right about now but he didn't wanna confirm it in case something happened. Meaning we can either hear back sometime in the coming days or wait until the third Thursday of April, which is April 20th.For those that interviewed last week, did they say tomorrow they will let us know?
Does anybody know when UIC conducted their last interview day?
la vida loca
Full Member
I think the last day might have been March 10th but not super sure.During our session, the dean told us that we might hear back right about now but he didn't wanna confirm it in case something happened. Meaning we can either hear back sometime in the coming days or wait until the third Thursday of April, which is April 20th.
Does anybody know when UIC conducted their last interview day?
Congrats to the acceptances! I interviewed 02/14 and heard nothing and now Im feeling nervous does anyone know if that means its likely a DD?
FutureDoc2028
Full Member
I interviewed 2/15, I think if I don't hear anything by next week Friday then I'll consider it a DD :cCongrats to the acceptances! I interviewed 02/14 and heard nothing and now Im feeling nervous does anyone know if that means its likely a DD?
Got the A!!!! First (and probably only) A of this process! See y'all in August.
Interviewed 3/6
Email received 10:38
Interviewed 3/6
Email received 10:38
Bennie
Full Member
Congrats!!!! and hell yeah they are reviewing the march interview batchGot the A!!!! First (and probably only) A of this process! See y'all in August.
Interviewed 3/6
Email received 10:38

aspiringdoccc
Full Member
anyone from 2/28 hear anything? i'm scared now 🙁
makdaddyncheese
Full Member
Interviewed on 1/13 and got a DD that same month. Really hoping that they accept some more DD people this month.
chocolatefrosty1
Full Member
Also wondering this -- have been on DD for several months. Anybody know when DD movement happens, if at all?Interviewed on 1/13 and got a DD that same month. Really hoping that they accept some more DD people this month.
la vida loca
Full Member
A received this morning!!
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
congrats! when was your interview?A received this morning!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FutureDoc2028
Full Member
Congrats!! Still waiting on a response, just sent my update letter since it's been a few months. The wait is killing me..A received this morning!!
drgraysno1fan
Full Member
Congrats to those accepted today!!
Anyone know if the As are given out in one big wave, like this morning, or do the send them at individual times? Trying to determine if there is still hope for this third Friday. TIA [emoji3590]
Anyone know if the As are given out in one big wave, like this morning, or do the send them at individual times? Trying to determine if there is still hope for this third Friday. TIA [emoji3590]
There with ya... interviewed in December, DD same month and haven't heard anything.... wish they'd at least let us know if we even have a chanceCongrats!! Still waiting on a response, just sent my update letter since it's been a few months. The wait is killing me..
Bennie
Full Member
Some were accepted yesterday and others today. I would say give it til next week and if you don't hear anything you'll probably have to wait the following month. Gonna be doing the same on my end too.Congrats to those accepted today!!
Anyone know if the As are given out in one big wave, like this morning, or do the send them at individual times? Trying to determine if there is still hope for this third Friday. TIA [emoji3590]
Cookiemonster22
Full Member
Interviewed 3/10 have not heard back
la vida loca
Full Member
I was wondering if newly accepted students have a chance at getting placed in Chicago or has it been filled already?
Same here. Is there like a student profile they look for? I had a friend with strong ties to Chicago and ended up at Rockford anyway. Kinda scared now that appeals aren’t a thing this year 😭I was wondering if newly accepted students have a chance at getting placed in Chicago or has it been filled already?
la vida loca
Full Member
I am not sure if there is a student profile or not, but are you IS or OOS?Same here. Is there like a student profile they look for? I had a friend with strong ties to Chicago and ended up at Rockford anyway. Kinda scared now that appeals aren’t a thing this year 😭
On my interview day some of the students hinted that usually IS students rarely get placed in Chicago and many OOS students get Chicago as their campus. I think this has to do with making the school more appealing to them as an option .Same here. Is there like a student profile they look for? I had a friend with strong ties to Chicago and ended up at Rockford anyway. Kinda scared now that appeals aren’t a thing this year 😭
Yeah I'm IS. Do you think campus assignments will be made quicker now that we're nearing the end of the cycle?On my interview day some of the students hinted that usually IS students rarely get placed in Chicago and many OOS students get Chicago as their campus. I think this has to do with making the school more appealing to them as an option .
Most likely, as it can give people more clarity as to whether UICOM is a right fit for them and where they will spend the next 4 years. But I can also see it being slower since April 30th is coming up and they'll probably invest time assigning campuses to people who chose UICOM as one of their top choices.Yeah I'm IS. Do you think campus assignments will be made quicker now that we're nearing the end of the cycle?
Oh got it. Thanks a tonMost likely, as it can give people more clarity as to whether UICOM is a right fit for them and where they will spend the next 4 years. But I can also see it being slower since April 30th is coming up and they'll probably invest time assigning campuses to people who chose UICOM as one of their top choices.
Good luck to you!!!Oh got it. Thanks a ton
Cookiemonster22
Full Member
Did anyone end up getting the A, days or weeks after others on your interview day heard back?
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
wondering the sameDid anyone end up getting the A, days or weeks after others on your interview day heard back?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
la vida loca
Full Member
I feel like this doesn’t make too much sense when looking at last years MSAR data. 80 OOS students matriculated and even if all of them were placed in Chicago, the class size is 180 making 100 IS students assigned to that campus, which is a little more than 50%.On my interview day some of the students hinted that usually IS students rarely get placed in Chicago and many OOS students get Chicago as their campus. I think this has to do with making the school more appealing to them as an option .
FutureDoc2028
Full Member
Maybe they are holding spots for people who apply to GMED? That scholarly concentration is only available in the Chicago campus.I feel like this doesn’t make too much sense when looking at last years MSAR data. 80 OOS students matriculated and even if all of them were placed in Chicago, the class size is 180 making 100 IS students assigned to that campus, which is a little more than 50%.
FutureDoc2028
Full Member
No, looking back at past decisions in the few months, some people hear back on Friday, and most on Monday the following week. I'm hoping we all hear back by Monday and if not the latest would be Wednesday.. If not, I would either call admissions or email.Did anybody get an acceptance email today?
la vida loca
Full Member
Maybe.. but I still feel like there would be about the same amount of IS students vs OOS, if not slightly more, since there are only a handful of students in scholarly concentrations? I guess we’ll never know 😅Maybe they are holding spots for people who apply to GMED? That scholarly concentration is only available in the Chicago campus.
FutureDoc2028
Full Member
Yeah honestly, makes sense. I get where you're coming from.Maybe.. but I still feel like there would be about the same amount of IS students vs OOS, if not slightly more, since there are only a handful of students in scholarly concentrations?
I just want to hear back ASAP on a decision. I have other offers but this is the top choice.
la vida loca
Full Member
Good luck to you!Yeah honestly, makes sense. I get where you're coming from.
I just want to hear back ASAP on a decision. I have other offers but this is the top choice.
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
are monday's usually DD's or do they give A's on Monday as well?No, looking back at past decisions in the few months, some people hear back on Friday, and most on Monday the following week. I'm hoping we all hear back by Monday and if not the latest would be Wednesday.. If not, I would either call admissions or email.
FutureDoc2028
Full Member
They gave A's on all the days I mentioned.are monday's usually DD's or do they give A's on Monday as well?
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
hopefully that means more ppl will hear good news on Monday then. do they usually follow their post-II acceptance rate of 75%?They gave A's on all the days I mentioned.
FutureDoc2028
Full Member
Think it's about 80% but I hope so, I'll be checking this page all day lol. Hope we both get accepted 🙂hopefully that means more ppl will hear good news on Monday then. do they usually follow their post-II acceptance rate of 75%?
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
yeah, i really hope it's good news, this is my absolute top choice, regardless of campus assignment even! i hope you hear good news as wellThink it's about 80% but I hope so, I'll be checking this page all day lol. Hope we both get accepted 🙂
Bennie
Full Member
regarding the 80% acceptance rate, I assume that includes students that were given an acceptance, students that were put on DD then given an acceptance, and students that were waitlisted and then given an acceptance?
I would like to know the immediate acceptance rate without DD or waitlist lmao
I would like to know the immediate acceptance rate without DD or waitlist lmao
ibioso
Full Member
Yes, I received the A earlier this morning via email! 🙂 Interviewed 3/8Did anybody get an acceptance email today?
I think you also need to take into account the fact that you could appeal your location decision in the past years, whereas this year you can’t. So what’s going on this year is up in the air.I feel like this doesn’t make too much sense when looking at last years MSAR data. 80 OOS students matriculated and even if all of them were placed in Chicago, the class size is 180 making 100 IS students assigned to that campus, which is a little more than 50%.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FutureDoc2028
Full Member
ON A SATURDAY!! Congrats!!Yes, I received the A earlier this morning via email! 🙂 Interviewed 3/8
Also received an A this morning around 11:30am (Eastern)
Bennie
Full Member
Congrats on the Saturday acceptance!!!!! when did you interview?Also received an A this morning around 11:30am (Eastern)
Feb 28Congrats on the Saturday acceptance!!!!! when did you interview?
