2022-2023 Nova Southeastern (MD)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone had any luck contacting admissions ? I'm still waiting on a secondary and have tried contacting them but I'm always sent to voice mail, and my emails have not gotten any response. Wondering if my app is just taking forever to process for them, or if there's something actually wrong. Either way, its kind of bumming me out that I'm not even able to fill out the automatic secondary for a school I paid money for 🙁
same here 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got the email that my secondary has been received but no complete email, I have FAP and not sure if I am complete since the portal did not show that the fee was waived? Do I contact admissions?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
this program won't be fully accredited until 2023 and I am finding it extremely difficult to find almost anything about it online or from current students. I know it's pretty new, but seems odd
 
Hey guys. I retook my MCAT on 9/9/ and supposed to be receiving score by 10/11. Do you guys think it's too late to apply this late in the cycle?
 
Um did anyone else just get the email that started with “Hello Future Sharks” LOL!! Thats quite a way to start a thank you email that is unrelated to an acceptance!
 
Um did anyone else just get the email that started with “Hello Future Sharks” LOL!! Thats quite a way to start a thank you email that is unrelated to an acceptance!

Uhhhh, no?

Have not many II’s been sent out yet?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! For those who interviewed, how was the MMI and the PBL formats? For MMI were there actors? And what was the PBL interview like?
 
Hello! For those who interviewed, how was the MMI and the PBL formats? For MMI were there actors? And what was the PBL interview like?
no actors for mmi, pbl i just googled “what is PBL” and they explain it to you/your group, nothing go really prepare for that - i found it more fun than stressful but i did feel the instructions were kind of unclear lol
 
no actors for mmi, pbl i just googled “what is PBL” and they explain it to you/your group, nothing go really prepare for that - i found it more fun than stressful but i did feel the instructions were kind of unclear lol
What did you do for the PBL session? Like how did you interact with others? Thanks for your answer! 🙂
 
Does anyone know the post-interview acceptance rate, not including those who got As after the waitlist? And does anyone know how the waitlist movement is?
 
like we were all on zoom and literally talked through what we through was important about the case we were given, nothing crazy and no medical knowledge required at all
how many mmi stations were there? and did they ask any follow up questions within each mmi station? thanks for your help!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!

On a side note, it is interesting that NOVA is giving out interviews in random order. For example, some people that were complete in September and August got an II before. I wonder what order they are looking at applicants.
Prob an algorithm that accounts for: MCAT / GPA / EC hours in select categories / SES / URM-ORM / Undergrad Prestige / In-State Residency / Completion Date

And then it is a matter of whose reviewer's pile you're on. Is it Steve who reviews 200 apps a day? Or is it Steven who is on vacation in the Bahamas and promises to look at their pile on the flight back?


Just talking out of my ass tho.