2022-2023 Oakland (Beaumont)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Idk I’ve interviewed at a ton of schools 13 and this has been the best experience. Interviewed at 4 other MD’s and none of them compared Dan is such a nice guy and he seems very genuine and caring
Also! I was into the fact that because they’re very young, they have an easier time incorporating feedback from their students and it certainly shows. Definitely harder to do that at an established institution where precedent has been set. Not that it matters, but I’ll bet they’ll crack the top 100 in like the next 5 years.
 
Attended 8 MD IIs so far, every school has a Dan and every school makes the same promises. Don't inhale their copium 🙂
Idk I’ve interviewed at a ton of schools 13 and this has been the best experience. Interviewed at 4 other MD’s and none of them compared Dan is such a nice guy and he seems very genuine and caring
Congrats on double-digit interviews to both of you!! Would you mind sharing what you think has made you such a highly coveted applicant this cycle? You can PM me if you prefer!
 
I mean seriously this school has made a whole new Facebook group for accepted students to join and ask questions to staff and connect with one another and current students at the school. Out of my 9 acceptances this has been the only school to do something like that. The community here is unreal.
 
Congrats on double-digit interviews to both of you!! Would you mind sharing what you think has made you such a highly coveted applicant this cycle? You can PM me if you prefer!
I think it’s about how you talk about your experiences more than anything. You’ll see 4.0/520+’people not getting interviews and I think a huge portion of this process is writing well and painting your narrative right.
 
Attended 8 MD IIs so far, every school has a Dan and every school makes the same promises. Don't inhale their copium 🙂
I agree with @SpideyMD. Attended 7 MD IIs, and no school matched Dan and the entire OUWB interview experience imo. Seems like we just have different experiences.
 
Idk I’ve interviewed at a ton of schools 13 and this has been the best experience. Interviewed at 4 other MD’s and none of them compared Dan is such a nice guy and he seems very genuine and caring
I agree with @SpideyMD. Attended 7 MD IIs, and no school matched Dan and the entire OUWB interview experience imo. Seems like we just have different experiences.
I really despise getting into this high II circle-jerk but fully agree with these two. OUWB has one of the better interview days and I could tell they incorporate the feedback we give. The community is amazing and the acceptance call made me feel so incredibly appreciated as a candidate. They truly do care about all of us and I can't say that about a lot of the other schools I've been accepted at
 
I really despise getting into this high II circle-jerk but fully agree with these two. OUWB has one of the better interview days and I could tell they incorporate the feedback we give. The community is amazing and the acceptance call made me feel so incredibly appreciated as a candidate. They truly do care about all of us and I can't say that about a lot of the other schools I've been accepted at
Yeah I didn’t mean it in that way my bad I just meant I feel like I have a lot of experience and this has been the best imo
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
im interested in attending WSU but have been hearing that their med school is declining significantly since they lost affiliations with hospitals and that it'll be harder to get into competitive specialties. have even been hearing some people say OU WB > WSU MED. would y’all think that WSU>OU?
 
im interested in attending WSU but have been hearing that their med school is declining significantly since they lost affiliations with hospitals and that it'll be harder to get into competitive specialties. have even been hearing some people say OU WB > WSU MED. would y’all think that WSU>OU?
Washington State U , you mean ?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
im interested in attending WSU but have been hearing that their med school is declining significantly since they lost affiliations with hospitals and that it'll be harder to get into competitive specialties. have even been hearing some people say OU WB > WSU MED. would y’all think that WSU>OU?
Both of them are great schools, and this question is hard to answer. But, it's worth it to note that WSU Med dates back to 1868, while OUWB began in 2008.