You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Oakland (Beaumont)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
soonrightaway
Full Member
W via email just now, interviewed 10/28. Bummer. Congrats to those with As!
Nothing for me yet interviewed 10/28
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Completed June and haven't heard anything yet. But since they have been giving out R's, maybe no news is good news at this point?Anyone completed in July and not heard back yet?
It is likely that we’re still being considered, which is good news. Of course, we have to wait to hear back from here to see if we’ll be further considered or not. Nonetheless, it isn’t over yet. Best of luck to you!Completed June and haven't heard anything yet. But since they have been giving out R's, maybe no news is good news at this point?
II received 12/2! Complete 07/16. Declined it, but I really hope it goes to one of you 🙂
Anyone know when they send gear?
They send us stuff?!?!Anyone know when they send gear?
Just got the call, it’s my first acceptance and I am beyond excited
redeyedtreefrog
New Member
^Also just got the call as my first A
D
deleted1150771
Waitlisted! Interviewed 11/03 and completed 07/15. Congrats to everyone who got an A!!
skelitalmedical
Full Member
I have my interview with OUWB pretty soon and didn't get it until December. At this point, is the school probably interviewing for waitlist spots or is an A still a possibility? I grew up really close to the area and didn't take preview, so I'm a little worried.
My buddy interviewed Jan last year and got accepted (no waitlist) in Feb. Focus on doing your best because it’s entirely possible to earn an acceptance.I have my interview with OUWB pretty soon and didn't get it until December. At this point, is the school probably interviewing for waitlist spots or is an A still a possibility? I grew up really close to the area and didn't take preview, so I'm a little worried.
bakersdozen13
Full Member
I have my interview with OUWB pretty soon and didn't get it until December. At this point, is the school probably interviewing for waitlist spots or is an A still a possibility? I grew up really close to the area and didn't take preview, so I'm a little worried.
A friend of mine interviewed in early March and got the A two weeks later! I’m sure they are definitely still giving out As
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
random48294
Full Member
does anyone know when they begin releasing scholarships?
They have already started 🙂does anyone know when they begin releasing scholarships?
la vida loca
Full Member
Does this school give out merit or just need based scholarships?They have already started 🙂
Mine was for both they consider both but they need your FASFA for any of themDoes this school give out merit or just need based scholarships?
Aye! When did they reach out to ya? And was it email or phone? (Thank yoouuuu)They have already started 🙂
I got it a few weeks ago via email and then also a letter!Aye! When did they reach out to ya? And was it email or phone? (Thank yoouuuu)
Did u submit fafsa after your A or beforehand? 😳I got it a few weeks ago via email and then also a letter!
I submitted mine shortly after I think.. I know I didn't do it before because I didn't want to be disappointed lolDid u submit fafsa after your A or beforehand? 😳
skelitalmedical
Full Member
Does anyone know the post-II acceptance rate for OUWB?
gabagolddigger
Full Member
Did anyone else get a “information confirmation call” email from financial services? It says they are planning to call me soon but idk if that means soon today or soon within the next week and I don’t want to miss the call if I am at work.
I also got one, not sure either 🤔Did anyone else get a “information confirmation call” email from financial services? It says they are planning to call me soon but idk if that means soon today or soon within the next week and I don’t want to miss the call if I am at work.
I had this call, if they miss you don't worry you can call them backDid anyone else get a “information confirmation call” email from financial services? It says they are planning to call me soon but idk if that means soon today or soon within the next week and I don’t want to miss the call if I am at work.
About 50%Does anyone know the post-II acceptance rate for OUWB?
la vida loca
Full Member
Yeah so I got the email and received the call a couple days later, but was at work so I couldn’t take it. I just rescheduled and they are totally accommodating which is nice!Did anyone else get a “information confirmation call” email from financial services? It says they are planning to call me soon but idk if that means soon today or soon within the next week and I don’t want to miss the call if I am at work.
I missed my call also, but you can just totally shoot them a call back whenever. They just want to confirm a couple pieces of personal information over the phone. I missed my call and called back a little less than a week later
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1143496
any TX residents apply and get an II?
koalafied_biologist
Full Member
Radio silence for me.any TX residents apply and get an II?
bakersdozen13
Full Member
Has anyone received word on scholarships or when they’ll start sending them out?
Some discussion in previous posts but they have startedHas anyone received word on scholarships or when they’ll start sending them out?
I would love to be added once it gets decently big!
bakersdozen13
Full Member
Yall wanna make a groupme/gc for class of 2027 admitted students? or is there already one?
There is a Facebook group for admitted students! The link is in the secondary portal
zazogettinghisbread
Full Member
Yes, i got a II early Decemberany TX residents apply and get an II?
OOS II received this morning! complete 8/13 lm 68
I read lm 68 as "I am 68" (instead of LM 68) and I was hella impressed you took the MCAT that late 60s lmaoOOS II received this morning! complete 8/13 lm 68
Anyone knows how to access MySail because I received an email from financial services to update my address but I am not sure how to do so
Is MySail what they use to give financial aid packages? I haven't gotten my package yet, but I was accepted very early on.Anyone knows how to access MySail because I received an email from financial services to update my address but I am not sure how to do so
I called them and apparently this email was generated from main campus (undergrad) financial services. They will sort it out. As far as MySail, it's the student account but I am unsure if financial aid packages are given out there.Is MySail what they use to give financial aid packages? I haven't gotten my package yet, but I was accepted very early on.
Just got the A. Interviewed 11/17
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do you mean scholarship information? Like info about how OUWB gives scholarships or more along the lines of does everyone get a scholarship?
yeah i mean i just know a few people have gotten scholarship emails. Will all accepted students be receiving this? If not, how common is it?What do you mean scholarship information? Like info about how OUWB gives scholarships or more along the lines of does everyone get a scholarship?
I'm assuming not everyone gets a scholarship. I know several people who attend who didn't get anything and I know someone who got a 1K scholarship (only for one year) a week before classes started. It really depends.yeah i mean i just know a few people have gotten scholarship emails. Will all accepted students be receiving this? If not, how common is it?
OUWB says it will hand out scholarships up to the last minute, but if you are trying to make decisions and have gotten scholarships elsewhere, they do consider that (if you provide proof). I reached out to them about a decent scholarship I got from a TMDSAS school and OUWB said they would get back to me about if. Really hoping it’s a big scholarship that is sooner than later, but I guess we are all hoping for that lol.
From the scholarship email I received, it doesn't seem like it's given to all students?yeah i mean i just know a few people have gotten scholarship emails. Will all accepted students be receiving this? If not, how common is it?
"OUWB scholarships are awarded to select applicants in recognition of their academic excellence, personal attributes, commitment to serving others and the medical profession, and strongly aligning with the mission and values of OUWB, as well as other factors. You have been selected from a very competitive pool of admitted students and should be proud of your accomplishments."
I submitted my FAFSA on 11/18. Received the OUWB FAFSA email on 11/29. Received scholarship on 12/21. Roughly a month turnaround for me but I'm sure it could be different for everyone.