2022-2023 Quinnipiac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
season 3 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Some A's for the needy?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
for people who got accepted off the WL w/a scholarship, was it needs based or merit based?

Accepted off the WL today. Current students, do you have any tips on which study materials we should get for the first year?

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted off the WL today. Current students, do you have any tips on which study materials we should get for the first year?
Don’t buy anything yet, the school buys you a B&B subscription and you can find sketchy for free through upperclassmen. You can buy Amboss if you like it but you shouldn’t need much else

Reactions: 1 users
I think amboss is a bit better for year 2. A ton of classmates use boards and beyond which is provided for us and Anki which is free. Some also pay for complete anatomy to help with visualizing anatomy outside of lab.

If anyone wants a link to the admitted discord chat, just send me a dm :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like there was big movement. I must be at the bottom of the list 😭😭😭

• Care
It doesn't let me message you, but I am interested in the discord.
I think you need to adjust your privacy settings; I can't even click on your profile

Just got off the WL with a scholarship, OOS! Will be declining the offer - hope it goes to one of y'all still on the WL

A off WL 2 days ago, I will be declining the offer. Good luck to everyone still waiting on that A!

For people who got accepted off the WL with a scholarship, did notification of this come in the acceptance email or separately? If the latter, how did it come? Thanks.

Last edited:
For people who got accepted off the WL with a scholarship, did notification of this come in the acceptance email or separately? If the later, how did it come? Thanks.

it was in the acceptance email, with a pdf file attached showing how much money you got

Declined my A w/ scholarship offer, hope it goes to one of you!!!

Does anyone know the commit to enroll deadline for Quinnipiac?

How do you know if you received any scholarship or financial aid when you are accepted from the waitlist?

How do you know if you received any scholarship or financial aid when you are accepted from the waitlist?
they will a) tell you in the email itself and b) attach an acceptance letter that says how much you're getting

Got off the waitlist this week! Committed as well. Wishing the best for everyone still on the list.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Can someone send me the link to a GroupMe or Facebook group for accepted student?

Got the A on Friday at about 11:00 AM. Super excited to be attending!

Can someone send me the link to a GroupMe or Facebook group for accepted student?
The link is in one of the emails they send. I'm still waiting to be accepted into the Facebook group 🤪.

Declining my acceptance off the waitlist with a scholarship - good luck to those still waiting to hear

Withdrew my acceptance with scholarship, hope it goes to one of y’all!

We have a block exam at the end of each block (blocks are between 6-7 weeks). We don't really have any quizzes other than clinical quizzes which are open note and done on blackboard. The exams are timed in a way which the total time equates to 90 seconds per question. Exams are online through a secure platform that you download onto your computer. They are about 60% lecture based in house exams and 40% NBME exams and all are multiple choice questions. They are done in sections where you take the lecture based portion first, have a small break and then do the NBME portion.

In M2 year we finish at the end of March so you get about 2+ months of study time for step.

Currently, we are provided with Boards and Beyond 2 year subscriptions. We are hoping to be provided with Uworld next year as M2s but I am not certain what we will have yet.

Yes, you are absolutely encouraged to seek research opportunities to anywhere nearby with the exception of Yale if you were not selected. There are some people that were able to apply to Yale research summer programs and if you get into those, you can do them. Many people reach out to Hartford healthcare, Uconn, etc. As of right now it seems that most people have a set Capstone project idea or proposal and there's plenty of professors to ask for help in obtaining research should you need to.

I do not have any regrets about picking Quinnipiac. I moved from Florida to here and while it was scary, I do feel the school is very inclusive and made me feel at home. Our professors are super kind and helpful and my classmates are wonderful. We are given plenty of resources to succeed (such as practice questions, review sessions, etc). My class is small which I like because I get to know each person well enough and no one feels like a complete stranger. If I had the choice again, I would choose to come here for sure. One of my favorite parts is how close I am to so many fun things. I always go to NYC through the train which is super cool and something I could never do in Florida. I'm overall very happy here and about as happy and stress free as I could be as a medical student.

If you have any other questions let me know! :)
I have a completely unrelated question. Is it a terrible idea to sign a lease for an apartment that ends 05/31 if the last day of classes is 05/24/24? I am not sure what sort of commitments/exams we might have after classes end for the year. Thanks for the help!

I have a completely unrelated question. Is it a terrible idea to sign a lease for an apartment that ends 05/31 if the last day of classes is 05/24/24? I am not sure what sort of commitments/exams we might have after classes end for the year. Thanks for the help!
Hi! You should be okay because the last day was our exam and after that you should have nothing. Our last day this year was May 26 and that was the day of our summative exam, so I think that's definitely fine if thats enough time to pack and move out!

Hi! You should be okay because the last day was our exam and after that you should have nothing. Our last day this year was May 26 and that was the day of our summative exam, so I think that's definitely fine if thats enough time to pack and move out!
Thanks so much!

For: Please provide an experience when you have encountered and addressed a conflict. How did you work through the conflict? How would you apply what you learned from this experience as a medical student and future physician?

Can someone explain what they look for in this prompt? Are they looking for you to explain how you work through a conflict aka active communication etc etc or can you write about overcoming a conflict/obstacle and what that taught you. I resolved a conflict I had in middle school via moving on and taking the positives from the situation and I learned a lot from it. Also, can I write about middle school/high school if it's something I learned a lot from and carry with me?

For: Please provide an experience when you have encountered and addressed a conflict. How did you work through the conflict? How would you apply what you learned from this experience as a medical student and future physician?

Can someone explain what they look for in this prompt? Are they looking for you to explain how you work through a conflict aka active communication etc etc or can you write about overcoming a conflict/obstacle and what that taught you. I resolved a conflict I had in middle school via moving on and taking the positives from the situation and I learned a lot from it. Also, can I write about middle school/high school if it's something I learned a lot from and carry with me?
This answer may not be what you're hoping for, but it's the best answer I can give.

I would avoid trying to write about "what they're looking for" and instead write about an experience that resonates with you on the prompt. I'm not the one who writes the questions but I imagine they're somewhat open-ended for a reason.

That being said, and I realize this in some ways is in direct opposition to what I already wrote, know your audience - writing about a middle/high school experience may not exactly resonate with a longtime physician or school administrator, just sayin.

hey everyone, is there a GroupMe for the incoming class? I’m currently just waiting to get accepted into the Facebook group

Does anyone know what “priority” waitlist means? Is that just the standard waitlist?
Hey, I'm placed on the priority waitlist/potential A (deferred decision) list for the 2024 cycle. Did you ever get clarity?