2022-2023 Quinnipiac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’ve had some luck reaching out to students on LinkedIn.

Members don't see this ad.

Any current QU students able to speak about their experience at the school? :)
Current M1 here! I really like QU because the faculty is super supportive, which for medical school is a really big deal. I moved all the way from South Florida so having a supportive environment was super important for me. We also only have only one block exam (every 6-7 weeks depending on the block) which makes a lower stress environment since you are not constantly prepping for an exam every week or few weeks. Our exams are also on Fridays which makes for a pleasant free weekend to enjoy (which I do by hopping on the train to NYC). It is also not a competitive environment and I made really great friends here. I would say the biggest issues if any would be the amount of driving required for your mesh site, I drive around 25 min each way to my mesh site but some people have longer drives than that. But I would say the faculty and student body make up for it. If you have any specific questions that you would like me to answer, let me know! I occasionally check this forum :)

Reactions: 3 users
Current M1 here! I really like QU because the faculty is super supportive, which for medical school is a really big deal. I moved all the way from South Florida so having a supportive environment was super important for me. We also only have only one block exam (every 6-7 weeks depending on the block) which makes a lower stress environment since you are not constantly prepping for an exam every week or few weeks. Our exams are also on Fridays which makes for a pleasant free weekend to enjoy (which I do by hopping on the train to NYC). It is also not a competitive environment and I made really great friends here. I would say the biggest issues if any would be the amount of driving required for your mesh site, I drive around 25 min each way to my mesh site but some people have longer drives than that. But I would say the faculty and student body make up for it. If you have any specific questions that you would like me to answer, let me know! I occasionally check this forum :)
Wow this actually sounds so amazing- thank you so, so much

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I was wondering if you knew about the pre-matriculation program. Do you think it's helpful? Also, do you know anything about how QU does scholarships. Thank you!!

ALSO, I know classes overall are Pass/Fail... are these exams also pass fail or are you graded? :)

Reactions: 1 user
ALSO, I know classes overall are Pass/Fail... are these exams also pass fail or are you graded? :)
M2 here, echoing the general sentiment of this M1s experience.

You get your exam score back and the class mean score, but that’s it. No class rankings or percentile, only goes down as a P on the transcript.

Hi, I was wondering if you knew about the pre-matriculation program. Do you think it's helpful? Also, do you know anything about how QU does scholarships. Thank you!!
I personally did not do the pre-matriculation program but most of the people who did seemed to be very knowledgable on the first two blocks so it might be helpful if you have been out of school for awhile and want to get a head start of what to expect. When I was applying, I remember they had scholarships that you would apply for after getting accepted but I'm not sure about other ones. I do know they are pretty good about giving need based aid, which is nice!

M2 here, echoing the general sentiment of this M1s experience.

You get your exam score back and the class mean score, but that’s it. No class rankings or percentile, only goes down as a P on the transcript.
Just to add to this, we also get a break down of the two portions of our exam (GEMS which is the school portion that is made by faculty, and the NBME portion which is questions from previous USMLE STEP exams) so you are able to see your score breakdown. But the only thing that matters is a pass or fail, nothing else goes on the transcript, which is honestly the best thing ever. I really underestimated how nice that is because being graded can be extremely stressful, especially in very difficult blocks. Hope this helps!

Invited to pre-matriculation. Was also told there is subsidized housing at specific apartment buildings, do any students know how to tap into housing resources/pre-mat?

Members don't see this ad :)
Invited to pre-matriculation. Was also told there is subsidized housing at specific apartment buildings, do any students know how to tap into housing resources/pre-mat?
On the facebook page, they mentioned calling one of the housing units to get on the list for subsidized housing. they also posted a housing guide there recently

how long after you guys submitted your fafsa did you receive a financial aid offer

how long after you guys submitted your fafsa did you receive a financial aid offer
I think 8 days for me after my fafsa was processed

Edit: Sorry this was the scholarship offer not overall finaid

Last edited:
Accepted today! Interviewed on 1/18.

Goodluck everyone!

A yesterday! Interviewed mid February

Last edited:
Thanks for the random quote

Omg im so sorry i didnt mean to quote your message!!! I had just woken up to check my email (as a paranoid applicant does) and went to post it on here while half asleep

there's been a few I've seen on here

RIP MCAThiccy, gone from Quinni but never forgotten

giphy.gif

• Care
post-ii R lol :/ ngl felt like the email was pretty cold. ii mid december

• Care
Got the A! interviewed 1/23

Does anyone know when you start to receive information for financial aid, immunization, and background check?

re: pre-matriculation- not sure if they had it the last couple years. i would guess not worth it unless:
group a) you're a nervous wreck/masochist and won't be able to enjoy your last few free weeks
group b) there's a financial/logistic/housing angle that is specifically beneficial for you?
group c) you want an excuse to start making new friends and partying early

group c, find the people who fall into group a and make them have fun.

o/w just read all the **** they send you and get ready to dive in. maybe review some general biochem words like meiosis and chromosome. it really doesn't matter, you will eventually feel like you are drowning and it will be ok. three years from now your recall of concepts like meiosis and chromosome will again be pretty hazy, and thats ok too.

now go outside and have fun

PS. re scholrships I didnt get any first year but have substantial support for m3&4, so again, don't sweat it, the money will work itself out eventually.

Reactions: 5 users
A via email a bit ago :')))))))) crying very much interviewed on 3/3