2022-2023 Quinnipiac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
“8 weeks until a decision”

Polish Waiting GIF by Loud Lacquer

Members don't see this ad.

I'm here to cope my waitlist with some stats for you all.

200 Unique usernames participated in the thread.
46 Pre-II Rs
55 Initial Interviews
45 Acceptances
8 Waitlists
3 Post-II Rs
21 Students have yet to post an update after their initial II post.

Last year they interviewed 362 students and 94 matriculated, or 25.97% matriculation. In other words, they interview 4x their matriculation rate.
If we combine those that posted an II or A or WL or Post-II R, we get 75 unique names or 20.72%, which in turn is the forum's representation of the overall school interviewees.

If we used a band of 75-85% post-II acceptance rate, we get roughly 272-308 acceptances.
If we then transfer that over to the data. 14.61%-16.54% of students have posted their acceptances. If we included the waitlist decisions (not guaranteed acceptances), we get a band of 17.20%-19.49%.

What wild assumptions can we make from this?
375 Interviews have been distributed. 75 unique names times 5 (20% representation).
225 acceptances have been distributed, 60% of total interviews.
40 Waitlists have been distributed, 10.67% of total interviews.
15 Post-II Rs have been distributed, 4% of total interviews.
That means a total of 95 decisions have yet to be made.
57 acceptances
10 Waitlists
4 Post-II Rs

21 students have not updated from their initial II post. Extrapolated to 105 students we can assume all interviews have been sent, and decisions have not been finalized for those students.

In total 282 acceptances, or 3x their matriculation rate.
They expect 188 students, at minimum, to choose a different school.

Ultimately my copium is in full throttle because this means a guaranteed acceptance requires 238 students to withdraw, assuming I am at the bottom of the waitlist.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
I'm here to cope my waitlist with some stats for you all.

200 Unique usernames participated in the thread.
46 Pre-II Rs
55 Initial Interviews
45 Acceptances
8 Waitlists
3 Post-II Rs
21 Students have yet to post an update after their initial II post.

Last year they interviewed 362 students and 94 matriculated, or 25.97% matriculation. In other words, they interview 4x their matriculation rate.
If we combine those that posted an II or A or WL or Post-II R, we get 75 unique names or 20.72%, which in turn is the forum's representation of the overall school interviewees.

If we used a band of 75-85% post-II acceptance rate, we get roughly 272-308 acceptances.
If we then transfer that over to the data. 14.61%-16.54% of students have posted their acceptances. If we included the waitlist decisions (not guaranteed acceptances), we get a band of 17.20%-19.49%.

What wild assumptions can we make from this?
375 Interviews have been distributed. 75 unique names times 5 (20% representation).
225 acceptances have been distributed, 60% of total interviews.
40 Waitlists have been distributed, 10.67% of total interviews.
15 Post-II Rs have been distributed, 4% of total interviews.
That means a total of 95 decisions have yet to be made.
57 acceptances
10 Waitlists
4 Post-II Rs

21 students have not updated from their initial II post. Extrapolated to 105 students we can assume all interviews have been sent, and decisions have not been finalized for those students.

In total 282 acceptances, or 3x their matriculation rate.
They expect 188 students, at minimum, to choose a different school.

Ultimately my copium is in full throttle because this means a guaranteed acceptance requires 238 students to withdraw, assuming I am at the bottom of the waitlist.
The accepted student FB group is only 120 members large with 4 being MS2s, more numbers to play with

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
R today, interviewed 2/15. Good luck to everyone else!

12/14 interview checking in, no response yet

12/14 interview checking in, no response yet
This username hahahahaha, I hope you get in so I can give you **** about having your blue cord hung up around your rear view mirror.

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a difference between priority vs normal/non-priority waitlist? Can you provide any stats for waitlist matriculation in years’ past?
We’ve revamped the admissions process this year so its hard to answer that question. There wasn’t a priority waitlist in previous years as far as I know.

Last edited:
For computer requirements, online they recommend a dell laptop but can macbooks work too? macbook air and pro? does it matter at all?
Absolutely MacBooks work. I think most students have a MacBook of some sort. I’m not sure it matters though as long as it can run your typical software

Is there a difference between priority vs normal/non-priority waitlist? Can you provide any stats for waitlist matriculation in years’ past?
I also did not have a normal vs priority waitlist last cycle, so its definitely something new. Last cycle, it seemed there was tremendous waitlist movement but I am not sure if they are doing things differently this cycle. The person who used to be the admissions person was changed out for this cycle so they could be following a different protocol this year.

Withdrawing my A hopefully one of you guys get it!

• Love
Yea, I thought the waitlist was ranked so the fact that there's a priority waitlist, and a normal waitlist, implies it's... not?
Unless they just renamed the regular waitlist to "priority waitlist" to remove student anxiety.

Did the financial aid office not include GradPLUS loans in anyone else financial aid package?

Reactions: 1 users
If we don't get need-based aid/scholarships for the first year, are there opportunities to apply for institutional aid throughout our 4 years?
I'm going to separate the need-based from the academic scholarship money - the process is a little different.

Need-based: You submit FAFSA every academic year which determines your qualification for need-based funding. Generally, this is offered when your financial aid/loan package stuff goes through, however, the office of financial aid has allocated need-based funding after the beginning of the term. My assumption is that they want to make sure not to offer more need-based funding than they can give, so folks that are on the margin are added in once the M1 year starts and the class is fully set. For example, my need-based funding could have been previously offered to someone in greater need who ultimately withdrew and went to school somewhere else, freeing up some.

As for academic scholarships, there are some offered by the school starting at the M3 year - these are for folks that are dedicated to primary care, rural medicine, etc. It would be hard to have academic scholarships years 1 & 2 because everyone passes and we aren't ranked, so idk how they'd do that.

I'm going to separate the need-based from the academic scholarship money - the process is a little different.

Need-based: You submit FAFSA every academic year which determines your qualification for need-based funding. Generally, this is offered when your financial aid/loan package stuff goes through, however, the office of financial aid has allocated need-based funding after the beginning of the term. My assumption is that they want to make sure not to offer more need-based funding than they can give, so folks that are on the margin are added in once the M1 year starts and the class is fully set. For example, my need-based funding could have been previously offered to someone in greater need who ultimately withdrew and went to school somewhere else, freeing up some.

As for academic scholarships, there are some offered by the school starting at the M3 year - these are for folks that are dedicated to primary care, rural medicine, etc. It would be hard to have academic scholarships years 1 & 2 because everyone passes and we aren't ranked, so idk how they'd do that.
you rock, thanks for this detailed response!! makes a lot of sense

is there anyone on the waitlist who just got a regular waitlist? or is everyone who is waitlisted on the priority waitlist?

This is very helpful information. Thank you! I was wondering if you do end up qualifying for need-based aid later in the spring or once M1 year starts, do you have to ask for it or do they notify you?

An acceptance and scholarship money is coming somebody's way cuz I just withdrew my acceptance. Good luck to all of you during your medical career.

Reactions: 3 users
Sure, I can answer some questions!
i was wondering about how often you get tested/quizzed, if they are timed, and what the format for them are (online, paper, oral, multiple choice, short answer etc).
How much time do you get to study for step exams?
does the school provide any services like uworld?
and if i were interested in doing research but didnt get picked to participate in research at yale am I able to search on my own for other research opportunities at surrounding hospitals or labs?
do you have any regrets about quinnipiac and would you pick it again?

i was wondering about how often you get tested/quizzed, if they are timed, and what the format for them are (online, paper, oral, multiple choice, short answer etc).
How much time do you get to study for step exams?
does the school provide any services like uworld?
and if i were interested in doing research but didnt get picked to participate in research at yale am I able to search on my own for other research opportunities at surrounding hospitals or labs?
do you have any regrets about quinnipiac and would you pick it again?
We have a block exam at the end of each block (blocks are between 6-7 weeks). We don't really have any quizzes other than clinical quizzes which are open note and done on blackboard. The exams are timed in a way which the total time equates to 90 seconds per question. Exams are online through a secure platform that you download onto your computer. They are about 60% lecture based in house exams and 40% NBME exams and all are multiple choice questions. They are done in sections where you take the lecture based portion first, have a small break and then do the NBME portion.

In M2 year we finish at the end of March so you get about 2+ months of study time for step.

Currently, we are provided with Boards and Beyond 2 year subscriptions. We are hoping to be provided with Uworld next year as M2s but I am not certain what we will have yet.

Yes, you are absolutely encouraged to seek research opportunities to anywhere nearby with the exception of Yale if you were not selected. There are some people that were able to apply to Yale research summer programs and if you get into those, you can do them. Many people reach out to Hartford healthcare, Uconn, etc. As of right now it seems that most people have a set Capstone project idea or proposal and there's plenty of professors to ask for help in obtaining research should you need to.

I do not have any regrets about picking Quinnipiac. I moved from Florida to here and while it was scary, I do feel the school is very inclusive and made me feel at home. Our professors are super kind and helpful and my classmates are wonderful. We are given plenty of resources to succeed (such as practice questions, review sessions, etc). My class is small which I like because I get to know each person well enough and no one feels like a complete stranger. If I had the choice again, I would choose to come here for sure. One of my favorite parts is how close I am to so many fun things. I always go to NYC through the train which is super cool and something I could never do in Florida. I'm overall very happy here and about as happy and stress free as I could be as a medical student.

If you have any other questions let me know! :)

Reactions: 2 users
We have a block exam at the end of each block (blocks are between 6-7 weeks). We don't really have any quizzes other than clinical quizzes which are open note and done on blackboard. The exams are timed in a way which the total time equates to 90 seconds per question. Exams are online through a secure platform that you download onto your computer. They are about 60% lecture based in house exams and 40% NBME exams and all are multiple choice questions. They are done in sections where you take the lecture based portion first, have a small break and then do the NBME portion.

In M2 year we finish at the end of March so you get about 2+ months of study time for step.

Currently, we are provided with Boards and Beyond 2 year subscriptions. We are hoping to be provided with Uworld next year as M2s but I am not certain what we will have yet.

Yes, you are absolutely encouraged to seek research opportunities to anywhere nearby with the exception of Yale if you were not selected. There are some people that were able to apply to Yale research summer programs and if you get into those, you can do them. Many people reach out to Hartford healthcare, Uconn, etc. As of right now it seems that most people have a set Capstone project idea or proposal and there's plenty of professors to ask for help in obtaining research should you need to.

I do not have any regrets about picking Quinnipiac. I moved from Florida to here and while it was scary, I do feel the school is very inclusive and made me feel at home. Our professors are super kind and helpful and my classmates are wonderful. We are given plenty of resources to succeed (such as practice questions, review sessions, etc). My class is small which I like because I get to know each person well enough and no one feels like a complete stranger. If I had the choice again, I would choose to come here for sure. One of my favorite parts is how close I am to so many fun things. I always go to NYC through the train which is super cool and something I could never do in Florida. I'm overall very happy here and about as happy and stress free as I could be as a medical student.

thank you so much for such an awesome reply its incredibly helpful :)

How do I see my financial aid award, is it on the q start site?

any advice on where to live as an m1? the housing search has been rough

any advice on where to live as an m1? the housing search has been rough
There should be a list sent out to incoming students regarding housing I believe. One thing I will say is the housing here is quite expensive so splitting it with a roommate or a partner would probably be wise. Also, I have seen a lot of my classmates rent a house and share it amongst them so thats also an option. A lot of us live in Hamden, Wallingford, North Haven, and some in New Haven (mostly East Rock). I will say that we are on campus for a good amount of the week (AT LEAST every Thursday and Friday) and as the blocks have progressed it seems 3-4 times a week we are having to be on campus for something. So I would keep that in mind when choosing a place to live. Some apartment complexes that people live in are Chestnut Hill South, Chestnut Hill East, Chestnut Hill North, Hamden Ridge, Sutton Views, Broadmoor, Town Walk, Canal Crossing. I would definitely check reviews too since sometimes the listings can look better than the actual place.

I hope this helps!

What are the chances there's WL movement tomorrow 😬😬

There should be a list sent out to incoming students regarding housing I believe. One thing I will say is the housing here is quite expensive so splitting it with a roommate or a partner would probably be wise. Also, I have seen a lot of my classmates rent a house and share it amongst them so thats also an option. A lot of us live in Hamden, Wallingford, North Haven, and some in New Haven (mostly East Rock). I will say that we are on campus for a good amount of the week (AT LEAST every Thursday and Friday) and as the blocks have progressed it seems 3-4 times a week we are having to be on campus for something. So I would keep that in mind when choosing a place to live. Some apartment complexes that people live in are Chestnut Hill South, Chestnut Hill East, Chestnut Hill North, Hamden Ridge, Sutton Views, Broadmoor, Town Walk, Canal Crossing. I would definitely check reviews too since sometimes the listings can look better than the actual place.

I hope this helps!
thank you!!

Anyone know if we are meant to call or email to withdraw an A?

There's a 95% chance I withdraw my acceptance, so it will probably go to one of you guys in a few days!
If you’re that sure why not just do it sooner than later :?

Because there is that 5% lol
Bruh has 3 A, and AAMC traffic rules said you should only have one by yesterday, meanwhile people on the WL are scrambling for movement so they can find out the trajectory of their lives. If this were a month ago I'd understand, but at this point it's just playing games with people's lives

Bruh has 3 A, and AAMC traffic rules said you should only have one by yesterday, meanwhile people on the WL are scrambling for movement so they can find out the trajectory of their lives. If this were a month ago I'd understand, but at this point it's just playing games with people's lives

I know this process is stressful, but getting frustrated at the speed at which they withdraw is not it.

Apparently there's a glitch with the CYMS tool, which could explain the lack of WL movement. Or maybe there's just one slot available for the waitlist and it'll shuffle through the top of the list now :rofl::rofl:

Accepted off the waitlist with a scholarship!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users